Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2021, 13:43   #31
BHPian

Re: Tata Altroz & Nexon Dark Editions reach dealerships

Surprised no proper pictures of the Altroz have been posted yet.
Old 2nd July 2021, 13:46   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The cars look hot, especially the Altroz! Whenever I spot an Altroz on the road, I can't help but tail it for a few moments to admire the design lines. Easily one of the best looking hatchbacks ever sold in India and the dark edition will look even deadlier.
Couldn’t agree more. It’s beautifully designed.
Now if they would only offer a more powerful variant for the enthusiast community.

Never been a fan of the Nexon though. The rear end is a complete put off.

Last edited by Mustang Sammy : 2nd July 2021 at 13:50.
Old 2nd July 2021, 16:43   #33
Senior - BHPian

I’m all good with this dark edition. But, come on what’s that ugly alloys design in the Nexon

Can someone tell Tata to change that lame design?
gururajrv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 16:43   #34
BHPian

Tata's transformation from producing stunning (Sierra, Safari) cars to the horrible lost decade when everything looked like an Indica back to stunning cars is the stuff IIM and HBS case studies are made of.

Two my favourite sub 50L cars to spot and stare at on the roads (when am parked or walking ofc, not when am driving) would be the Altroz and Harrier. They just look that good. Just yesterday a yellow Tiago fell in behind me, I let it overtake and followed it briefly and even the sub 5-6l Tiago looks good.

But TaMo being TaMo they are like the folks who like sabotaging their relationships and hence plonked the Altroz with an underpowered motor and the Harrier 1.0 was more of the same.

The only thing I don't like about the current gen of TaMo cars would be the Nexon. The nexon from the front and side = 8/10. The rear = 2/10.
Stribog is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 19:41   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnandB View Post
Surprised no proper pictures of the Altroz have been posted yet.

Here you go .

Tata Altroz & Nexon Dark Editions reach dealerships-57f45b263f4f45d79e83a439244648e7.jpeg

Tata Altroz & Nexon Dark Editions reach dealerships-6f23c683c8f54ca9bf831dedccd3104d.jpeg

Tata Altroz & Nexon Dark Editions reach dealerships-95d5defc1d464593b028310f7a656053.jpeg

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQ07mX3g...dium=copy_link
CEF_Beasts is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 20:14   #36
BHPian

All black interiors look too good! The grey ones on the regular Altroz look outdated to me.

But it will be really difficult to maintain that piano black panel on the dash. Dont think that's the right place for such a shiny material.
udaikalra01 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 21:02   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Agreed that dark edition cars with their full black metallic paint look hot. But if you are planning to buy one, also make sure to remind yourselves of the fact that it takes effort to maintain.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 22:00   #38
BHPian

The under stated look of matte finishes are more appealing and classier. I wonder why car makers prefer such glossy colours. Can some one please shed light on the relative cost difference.

Are matte finishes offered in any cars below the luxury segment?
Old 3rd July 2021, 16:32   #39
Vmv
BHPian

Offical teaser - TATA FB page
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Altroz & Nexon Dark Editions reach dealerships-smartselect_20210703162608_opera.jpg  

Old 3rd July 2021, 16:50   #40
BHPian

Altroz is undoubtedly one of the best looking hatchbacks in the country. However from Day 1, I am not a fan of the black design element connecting the rear light clusters. To me it looks like an afterthought. But with the 'Dark Edition', that has been taken care of. The car looks seriously dope!

Tata Altroz & Nexon Dark Editions reach dealerships-altroz.jpg
Image credit to respective owners

Note: The alloy wheels in the picture that I have managed to gather look different from the actual ones.
Emvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2021, 17:24   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Agreed that dark edition cars with their full black metallic paint look hot. But if you are planning to buy one, also make sure to remind yourselves of the fact that it takes effort to maintain.
Absolutely right. I owned a Fiat Linea hip hop black. While it looked great once washed and polished, a few hours later, it would seem like a dust magnet. I will never buy a black car anymore.
Benoit is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2021, 17:39   #42
Team-BHP Support

Few pictures of the TATA Nexon EV Dark edition -

Tata Altroz & Nexon Dark Editions reach dealerships-turbooctanepost2021_07_03_14_33.jpg

Tata Altroz & Nexon Dark Editions reach dealerships-turbooctanepost2021_07_03_14_331.jpg

Tata Altroz & Nexon Dark Editions reach dealerships-turbooctanepost2021_07_03_14_333.jpg

Tata Altroz & Nexon Dark Editions reach dealerships-turbooctanepost2021_07_03_14_336.jpg

Tata Altroz & Nexon Dark Editions reach dealerships-turbooctanepost2021_07_03_14_332.jpg

(Source mentioned in watermark)
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2021, 17:50   #43
BHPian

Nexon EV looks cute in the dark edition. However, rather than focusing on such superficial gimmicks, Tata should work on adding the critical safety features that are present in the ICE Nexon but removed from the EV version. They include ESC, TPMS, cruise control and traction control as well as roll over mitigation. A bigger battery would also be welcome as well as a ‘P’ option on the gearbox. Why not release a version with side airbags as well?
Old 3rd July 2021, 20:00   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
One thing missing though = sunfilm. Nothing like a dark edition car with tinted glasses . Totally gangster.
Sun films are banned by the highest authority in India, for whatever reason. So I believe we should refrain from putting that in writing and inviting judgements from members.
Old 3rd July 2021, 23:03   #45
Senior - BHPian

The black on both looks really badass and cool No doubt it is going to be a painful affair to maintain such colors, but then no pain, no gain ! However they could have dialed down the glossy quotient a bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwartz View Post
I wonder why car makers prefer such glossy colours. Can some one please shed light on the relative cost difference.
Matte finish is expensive to maintain and it doesn't help matters that matte finish is more prone to chips and scratches. Most of the cars are usually repainted at certain portions like bumpers during its lifetime and such a task can be painstaking and difficult to achieve with matte. However two wheelers in India do offer matte finish on some models.
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwartz View Post
Are matte finishes offered in any cars below the luxury segment?
Tata Altroz & Nexon Dark Editions reach dealerships-matt-cars.png
Image source: google images

The Rapid and Polo were shown in Matt options on two separate occasions recently. Not sure if these made it to the showrooms.
TrackDay is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks