Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2021, 15:38   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Pics: 2021 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing

2021 Ford Ecosport facelift launch cancelled with announcement of Ford plant shut downs.

Pics: 2021 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing-20210909102440_20210818030858_ecosport_fl.jpg

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 9th September 2021 at 15:41.
Venkatesh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 15:49   #167
BHPian

This Facelift thing as it turns out now, was just a smoke screen for the Indian Manufacturing shutdown.
I mean, the Facelift looked like a random Aftermarket fitment by some random accessory guy.
dr_TJ is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 19:11   #168
BHPian

Can anyone throw light on what will happen to existing Ford owners? How will service centers behave going forward? What will happen to warranty?
Mile_muncher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2021, 08:40   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile_muncher View Post
Can anyone throw light on what will happen to existing Ford owners? How will service centers behave going forward? What will happen to warranty?
As of now this is what Mr Anurag Mehrotra has announced in the latest video released by Ford in YouTube.

Pics: 2021 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing-cbb28e9978a1468abe8ce5c51428893d.jpeg
Sahilrai166 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2021, 08:44   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahilrai166 View Post
As of now this is what Mr Anurag Mehrotra has announced in the latest video released by Ford in YouTube.

Attachment 2205111
Thanks Sahil. I saw that video later on. I just hope that dealers don't start behaving abnormally. So far servicing cost of my Aspire (D) has just been slightly higher than my Alto K10. Despite some glitches I have been extremely satisfied with servicing and responsiveness. I am going for 40k servicing next week and will keep the forum updated on my experience
Old 11th September 2021, 12:06   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

Service support will surely continue but Ecosport will not retain the crown for possibly thr lowest Total Cost of Ownership that it has today. Ford will definitely hold good the promise that vehicles sold in India will be supported for a long time to come, but there is no incentive for Ford to position itself as having lower ownership costs. They are definitely not going to subsidize the cost of continuing to run service operations in India. I expect market forces to take over and the costs of service and spares to shoot up. Since Ford will only play in the premium CBU space, there is no significant impact to their image by having a reputation for higher service costs as the new set of buyers for the Mustang etc. would not care at all if service is expensive.

Case in point is the cost for servicing Fiat cars in India today. My mums' 5 year old Fiat Punto just went in for routine service and it cost more than 13 thousand rupees and over 6 days to get that service done. There is only one authorised full-fledged repair workshop in the whole of Chennai, so if you do not like a particular agency, tough luck, you will need to suck it up and work with them. Fiat is only obligated to continue to provide service in India, they are not obligated to provide it at a low cost. Same will be the case with Ford. The number of dealers offering service will shrink dramatically as it does not make economic sense for all of them to continue to operate. Expect 1-2 max in the big cities if that.
84.monsoon is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th September 2021, 13:13   #172
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Case in point is the cost for servicing Fiat cars in India today. My mums' 5 year old Fiat Punto just went in for routine service and it cost more than 13 thousand rupees and over 6 days to get that service done.
May I know if the routine that you had mentioned is oil, filters changed and WA, WB? I have a ~6 year old Punto 90HP and the cost of regular service was around 6.5K and hasn't reached to such ₹13k level unless there is a change of wearing part like brake pads, rotor discs, timing chain etc., I find that price hasn't increased much for servicing Fiat cars since they had left India in March '19.
KPR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2022, 09:26   #173
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford EcoSport goes out of production worldwide without leaving successor.

In addition to Brazil and India, the SUV will no longer be produced in Romania.
Quote:
there would be no electric versions of the existing Fiesta and Focus hatchbacks, despite both models being among the best-selling new cars in the UK.
New electric Ford Puma small SUV will be launched in 2024 using the facility in Romania.

Quote:
Although little is known about those cars so far, they could be envisioned as replacements for today’s Kuga and Ecosport respectively. The family SUV will be based on the same underpinnings as the Volkswagen ID.4, suggesting a range of at least 213 miles between charges will be possible in entry-level versions.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks