Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2004, 14:53   #16
Senior - BHPian

Look at it as trying to write with your other hand. Forget writing, even holding the pen can be a challenge if you're not used to it.

But the overtaking case is the most serious and difficult.

BTW c4s, what car would you like to drive in India that comes only in LHD trim? Can't be a Ferrari!!!!!

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 24th November 2008, 09:21   #17
BHPian

Importing a LHD in India

Hey Guys

I was wondering what rules under which I can import a LHD in India? I want to know all the possible methods, loopholes, rules, etc, that may allow me to import a LHD from the USA.

The cars I am thinking of importing are all used, less than 10 years old, some have been owned by me for over 6 months, are worth more than $40,000 when brand new. All their engine sizes are above a 3.0

By the way, my Dad is also in the automobile industry, manufacturing automobile parts, can this car be imported as a testing unit or something in those lines? By the we deal with manufacturing bike parts.

If there are methods you don't want to disclose publicly feel free to PM me.

Thanks.
Old 24th November 2008, 12:47   #18
BHPian

Hi

Hi there,
Two years back I was also thinking of importing a used Boxter from Dubai. Did a lot of research and finally found out that a few years back the law was changed and you cannot import LHD whether new or old.
Cars sold in LHD countries are real cheap (: but unfortunately for us we are sold those same products at almost 2-3 times the premium.
I doubt you can import a LHD.Corret me if I have the wrong info.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks