Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2021, 20:49   #1

New XTO variant in the Tata Tiago

Hi fellow BHPians, this is my first post. So, kindly excuse if I am wandering off a little. I came across a new variant of Tata Tiago XTO 2021 on Tata Motors website. Major change seems to be in infotainment section. What I fail to understand is that for meagre 15k, does XTO makes sense ? Share your thoughts please.
Attached Thumbnails
New XTO variant in the Tata Tiago-1.jpg  

New XTO variant in the Tata Tiago-2.jpg  

Beast_BHP is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th June 2021, 06:52   #2
AYP
Senior - BHPian

re: New XTO variant in the Tata Tiago

I feel that this decision has been taken due to the global chip shortage being faced by manufacturers.

Due the same reason, the Thar is being shipped without the head unit and it is the reason why(most probably) Hyundai has launched the Creta SX Executive variant which comes without a head unit.

Technically speaking both the XT and the XT(O) would be available for booking but the normal XT might have a longer booking period and I am pretty sure that the sales advisers would have been briefed to pushed the XT(O).

If someone is willing to wait longer and retain the stock look, he/she should stick to the XT.

However, if someone is interested in getting an aftermarket unit with Android auto and Carplay, then a saving of 15k is a decent deal. The aftermarket head unit can be paired with the steering controls.

I would personally stick with the XT.

Last edited by AYP : 27th June 2021 at 06:55.
AYP is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th June 2021, 09:32   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

From the details you have shared, XT has the following extra over the XT(O):

Harman music system,
AM/FM/ USB
Speed dependent Volume control.

The difference one pays for this is just 15k. Definitely worth it.

XT(O) doesnt seem to make sense at all. 15k would work out to max 20K difference in OTR prices. Tata could actually remove XT(O) and make things simpler for themselves and customers.
condor is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 27th June 2021, 10:30   #4
BHPian

Optional variant costs lesser? Here's what Tata should have done: Remove the HU, include height adjust driver seat, rear defogger, rear wiper/washer and day & night IRVM and price it over the XT. I would love such a variant.
Benoit is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks