Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2021, 19:37   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Cars24 moves used car buying entirely online (including home delivery & returns)

From a buyers perspective the 'return with in 7 days' is a good scheme. But I dont understand how the sellers are sleeping peacefully, knowing their car will be used by so many customers without transferring the RC. If any mishap happens the original RC owner is liable. The delivery note and the document saying Cars24 take all responsibilities, does not mean anything in court. If the car meets with an accident, the owner will have to pay.
Old 13th September 2021, 19:30   #47
BHPian

Re: Cars24 moves used car buying entirely online (including home delivery & returns)

After sales horror of cars24

...so I was quite happy with the acquisition of my altis 2009 GL from Cars24 but the car had few niggles which needed to be rectified. I asked cars24 to sort the basics because they did claim a 140 point check which indicated the car was properly refurbished however it was not the case.

Following issues were there when I got the car:

> Brake pads worn out
>Steering rack making noise
>Headlight not working on low beam
>Wiper blades worn out
>Boot not opening
>Fuel lid and boot open switch at driver side was loose and didn't work
>Suspension work needed (as per Toyota ASC but I didn't feel anything wrong with the suspension)

I wrote back to cars24 and they said we will get these fixed and I sent the car back hoping they will fix the issues in 3-4 days.

Day 20

After about 30+ calls and emails, 20 days later I get the car back with only headlight and brake pads fixed. The car was in an absolute filthy condition, covered in dust inside out and barely 2-3 litres of fuel.

I was quite infuriated as it ruined 1 long weekend and another regular weekend. On top of that the car's condition was so deplorable that it broke my heart.

I tweeted and got no response then I looked up LinkedIn, found their Customer Experience head and wrote her an email (firstname.lastname@cars24.com). She got back and looked like she was taking ownership, asked to give one more chance to make it right. I happily sent the car back.

Day 27

Got a call back asking if I would like a refund for the car?
Reason: car has major issues and not fit for driving anymore (I say it was a bogus claim by them as I did not find any major issues so far)

That was when I lost all patience and told them will go to consumer court for this harassment.

They offered another car of a higher price but I didn't budge and demanded the car back in whatever condition it is. They took a few more days and listed out problems with suspension which will take another 7 days and 50-60k worth of expenses which they will bear.

I asked them give that money to me and I'll get the repairs done. Meanwhile the customer experience head didn't reply to any of my emails. I could drag it more but I chose to accept an amount of 75k and put an end to this saga. The refund was credited within 24 hrs.

Day 32

I got the car back running on fumes. The driver said "petrol khatam ho gya to 2 litre bharwaya hai"!!!
I just went bonkers on why would they not fill up atleast 1/4 of a 55 litre tank specially when I mentioned the same last 2 times that this could cause a fuel pump failure.

Also the car was dirtier than the last time with pan masala stains on driver side and what not. I again wrote back on what's your excuse for this? Got a reply that we will compensate 1k for fuel and cleaning.

I tried very hard to make them understand that compensation cannot be a substitute for a ruined experience and time lost.

[Lesson Learnt

I will take the car to my FNG and get rest of the issues fixed.

sincere advice to fellow members: Do not send the car back to cars24for repairs, rather negotiate hard in beginning and get the repairs done at your own trusted garage

P.s. I still don't think any major fault in the suspension, will update after a visit to my FNG.
Rapidholic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 22:13   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
If any mishap happens the original RC owner is liable. The delivery note and the document saying Cars24 take all responsibilities, does not mean anything in court. If the car meets with an accident, the owner will have to pay.
Having valid insurance is vital in such cases. My friend sold his car 2 months back on Cars24. Car insurance was valid till Aug end. I told him to keep watch on the RC details in mParivahan app.

The RC was not transferred till end of insurance, so I asked him to buy Third Party Insurance on last day of expiry. Costed around 6k, but now he has peace of mind.
Old 28th September 2021, 14:07   #49
BHPian

I just bought a car for my wife from Cars24, in an entirely online manner. Feels like the appropriate model for the millennial population out there

Requirements:

- Proper Automatic (no AMTs)
- Small footprint (the smaller the better)
- No SUVs / C-SUVs
- Safe
- Open to Petrol/diesel
- Abuse friendly & Reliable

Cars considered:

- Amaze/Jazz 1.2 CVT
Most options were overpriced & the engine is underpowered. Reports of terrible FE in the city too.

- Figo Aspire 1.5 Dragon AT
Actually found a good one but the ford exit happened while I was finalizing it, and the seller did not want to renegotiate on the price. Had to let go of it with a heavy heart as I would likely not have kept it for a very long time and finding a buyer for it would've been a royal pain.

- Amaze 1.5 Diesel CVT
Fantastic engine/gearbox combo which is honestly quite surprising. Just flies in the city with no lag at all.
20-80 time measured by multiple publications is ~6 seconds, which should give you some idea of how well this combination works. Bonus: can easily extract 18-20KMPL in the city. Suspension is soft & cushy - again, perfect for the City. Only downside is that the Diesel NVH is not great (still much better than the 1st gen i-DTEC) and road noise also creeps into the cabin.

Cars not considered:

- Polo DSG (DQ200 gremlins)
- Baleno/i20 CVT (Safety rating/ underpowered)
- The masses of AMT equipped cars.

Steps:

1) Find an Amaze V CVT Diesel (2018, 14K KM) on the Cars24 website
2) Get the car home for multiple test drives
3) Verify service history via Honda connect app.
4) Pay with a credit card (LOL) and take delivery at home.

The car is currently under a 7-day return period, which hopefully I will not need to utilize. Overall, the cars24 buying experience was fairly hassle free and a good option to explore for someone who values buying convenience over getting the best possible deal on a car.
Attached Thumbnails
Cars24 moves used car buying entirely online (including home delivery & returns)-garage.jpg  

d3mon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 18:41   #50
BHPian

Two negative experiences with Cars24 -

Last week on Saturday i booked a Jazz test drive from Cars24 application. I scheduled it for Sunday between 10 AM - 2 PM. They had 24 hours for logistics.

On Sunday, Cars24 started calling me around 9 AM that we would be there between the allocated time. By 5 PM, i kept on waiting and no one came. At around 5:30 PM, they call and update me that the car would arrive by 6:30 Pm. I was so furious, just cancelled the test drive.

Next week, I scheduled another Jazz and the Cars24 executive came. But, this time the Jazz they came up with was dirty and had a check engine light on the instrument cluster.

Cancelled the booking and went for a used 2018 Grand i10 Automatic from a local dealer in pristine condition. I am sure the Quality Check by Cars24 is not upto the mark. If they had a good QC, they would not have come up with a car with engine error throwing up. And, when you talk about negotiation, they just keep on reiterating on the no discount possible. Worse experience I must say from these guys.
shravan2k2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 15:10   #51
BHPian

Hello folks,

I am in the market looking for a used car, preferably, sedan/crossover with an auto box. As the requirement is quite urgent, I started with the usual Olx, Carwale, etc.

In the meantime, I also tried Cars24 mainly because of the 7-day no questions asked return policy as well as some additional benefits like RC transfer, 3rd party insurance (if insurance has expired), etc. I found prices of used cars approximately 10%-15% higher than the Orange Book Value estimates. This must be the premium we pay for 7-day return options.

Now coming to the main point. My wife and I have an AT Tiago but we need a sturdier car with sufficient boot for highways (approx. 1500 kms every other month with longer drives every quarter). Driving duties will be shared. Reliability or service centers availability should not be a concern.

The list of cars booked/tested so far from Cars24 -
- 2015 Hyundai 2WD Tucson Petrol AT (80K ODO) - Agent did not show up after booking the test drive.
- 2016 S-Cross Alpha 1.6 Diesel (100K ODO) - Cars was extremely dirty and did not inspire confidence. I tried this only because 1.6 is hard to find.
- 2015 Toyota Corolla Altis VL AT Petrol (92K ODO) - Best of the lot. Tyres might need replacement after 10k kms.

Now, I thought of reaching out to the friendly folks here at TBHP to help me in this dilemma
- Should I go ahead with the Corolla?.
- How reliable is AT gearbox of Corolla?.
- Is the mileage too high for further consideration?.
- The asking price is 10L and is non-negotiable. Is this a fair price given the above? I understand I might get a better deal if I negotiate with a dealer or individual but I don't want to get into that hassle right now.
- Finally, do Cars24 honor the 7-day return policy as they have been chirping with every test drive?

Thanks,
Anurag

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks