Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2024, 16:28   #481
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta Facelift | Bookings now open in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Hyundai Creta facelift launched, prices begin at Rs. 10.99 lakh (ex-showroom, introductory)

Attachment 2559388
While the 1.5 NA and diesel MT has wide spread models, AT seems to be available only for specific price points.
Turbo only one option is a clear defence for the Alcazar sales.
If Creta could replicate Verna safety results. Nothing beats the proven leader in a new imposing avatar

Last edited by tirumalavoleti : 16th January 2024 at 16:34. Reason: updated for manual and AT
tirumalavoleti is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 16:54   #482
BHPian

If the money Creta is asking in this facelift assures better (5 star) safety, then definitely its a good start & people might not mind spending extra for those much needed stars.

But till that verdict is out, pricing discussion will go on.
dextor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 17:05   #483
BHPian

How reliable are the DCT transmissions on the Creta/Seltos. I am planning to buy one of those cars or the MG Hector. While I am considering the top-end CVT of the Creta, I am also considering the top-end DCT of the Seltos. Are there reviews about the long term reliability of the DCT transmission?

A friend who has a Seltos DCT in his family claims that Kia has some technology to disengage the transmission when the car is parked in traffic for a long time, and hence reliability should be better than the VW transmissions. Is there any truth in that?
KL01toKA03 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 17:07   #484
BHPian

Here are my highlights from what information is available so far-

Pluses:
- Improved torsional rigidity (per Hyundai)
- EPB for manual
- 17 inch wheels ‘may’ mean a better ride vs Seltos
- Better looking front and rear

Negatives:
- Still no wireless AA/CP
- Reflector LED headlights??!
- Single reversing lamp looks cheap
- Ugly looking HVAC panel

Prices being at par, I don’t see why someone would go for this over the Seltos FL unless they want the top-end IVT. Seltos not only has more features, but looks better and has much more premium interiors.
automowheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 17:10   #485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
Kia had showcased a similar slide at the 2023 Seltos launch.
Can we say both, Creta and Seltos, are "equally safe"?
Hyundai seems to be putting more emphasis.
Yes, I believe so. These are the same reinforcements that got a small mention by Kia but werent emphasised as heavily. I believe we should get atleast a 4 star rating, if not 5 this time around in both Creta and Seltos since they both use the same body shell.
Mr Anderson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 17:36   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Too much cost cutting still prevalent. In addition to above misses , unlike Seltos, the Creta retains it's only driver window being illuminated "feature"
See, I don't understand this with Hyundai. This is going to be almost 25 lakh on-road here in Karnataka. And Hyundai chooses not to provide illuminated power window switches when sibling Seltos does.

Creta facelift should have maintained a feature-parity with Seltos. Otherwise, what is the USP of Creta other than Brand Name & Service Network over Kia? (In a Tier 1 or Tier 2 city, the service argument doesn't hold because Kia has almost as many service centers as Hyundai)

So, the missing things from Creta SX(o) DCT Petro with Seltos X Line DCT Petrol is

1. Air Purifier
2. Fog Lamps
3. Heads-Up Display
4. Middle passenger headrest in 2nd row
5. Illuminated power window switches only for the driver
6. Single-colour Ambient lighting.
Desi Dybuk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 17:47   #487
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
This feature difference could also be due to Hyundai and Creta being a bigger brand in India than Kia and Seltos and will still sell the Car on just the name.
Would be interesting to see if there are any more additions compared to Seltos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi Dybuk View Post
See, I don't understand this with Hyundai. This is going to be almost 25 lakh on-road here in Karnataka. And Hyundai chooses not to provide illuminated power window switches when sibling Seltos does.
The list is actually quite longer, you can see it in my above quoted post.
I believe since Hyundai is the bigger brand in India with also a larger reach they don't have to worry about beating Kia on product terms. I had seen this, when the Sonet was launched, it was much more loaded than Venue, and even at similar prices. Sonet was a success. But Venue still outsold Sonet.

I guess similar thing might happen with Seltos vs Creta, since Creta is also a bigger and older brand than Seltos.

PS- Creta does get the air purifier. It's just the controls are integrated in touch screen and you don't have a separate screen in the armrest.

Last edited by 07CR : 16th January 2024 at 18:14.
07CR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 17:58   #488
BHPian

Happened to visit a nearby Hyundai showroom and here are a few observations:

1. Looks good! I was one of those who criticized the exterior of the new car initially, but it definitely looks a lot better in person. Especially, the front is now more imposing and there is a very apparent difference in the bonnet height and creases. The rear looks quite good too and not as bad as some of us thought.

2. Hyundai has claimed that they have worked on the build quality of the new Creta and it DOES feel that way when you open the doors and interact with the car. Our 2nd gen (pre FL model) feels lighter which has always been my complaint with it. Hyundai seems to have addressed it. Hopefully it will reflect positively in the crash test.

3. The overall length has gone up from 4300 mm to 4330 mm (most likely because of updated bumpers), and the difference is hardly perceptible. But it looks more butch and boxy as result of updated design elements.

4. The interior is a mixed bag. While it looks more premium especially with the new dual screen setup and dashboard, the grey colour theme and that HVAC system with cheap creaking plastic bring down the cabin experience. The new HVAC system is not too bad in terms of how it looks, but it’s just not very premium looking. Wish Hyundai had given a more subtle and sophisticated system.

5. As per the Sales Manager, the air purifier has been removed which is a bummer really. Yes, I know a lot of people call it a gimmick, but it was a good to have feature. The centre armrest looks incomplete(?) without it IMHO.

6. The seat pattern has been refreshed which looks better than the outgoing model. And did I mention the view from the driving seat is now more commanding with the increased elevated bonnet..? We could easily feel the difference and liked this one.

Overall, I think it’s a good midlife refresh from Hyundai. I’m pleased with a lot of things, including that it feels better built. However, Hyundai should have worked on improving plastic quality - the centre console still creaks and that HVAC system is not that premium.

My ratings based on today’s experience - 8/10.

Hyundai Creta Facelift | Bookings now open in India-img_2896.jpeg

Hyundai Creta Facelift | Bookings now open in India-img_2887.jpeg

Hyundai Creta Facelift | Bookings now open in India-img_2890.jpeg

Hyundai Creta Facelift | Bookings now open in India-img_2885.jpeg

Hyundai Creta Facelift | Bookings now open in India-img_2886.jpeg

Hyundai Creta Facelift | Bookings now open in India-img_2893.jpeg

Last edited by libranof1987 : 17th January 2024 at 11:31. Reason: Minor typo
Col Mehta is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 18:14   #489
BHPian

Finally they fixed cretas design. It is a looker now compared to the previous model which was truly ugly to me. I especially like the rear end with the connected taillamps although I am disappointed that they cut costs w.r.t the reverse lamp.

The connected "light bar" portion of the taillamp could have doubled up as the reversing lamp.
SaiSW is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 18:29   #490
BHPian

Quote:
PS- Creta does get the air purifier. It's just the controls are integrated in touch screen and you don't have a separate screen in the armrest.
Are you sure on this? Because the product brochure from the Hyundai's website doesn't mention the air purifier anywhere.
Old 16th January 2024, 18:29   #491
Distinguished - BHPian

How affordable is the New Creta as compared to its peers?

Hyundai Creta Facelift | Bookings now open in India-screenshot-20240116-182809.png

Quote:
The updated Creta has received 25,000 bookings with 55 percent of the bookings for petrol, and 45 percent for diesel. The company says automatics comprise 40 percent of the orders received so far for the refreshed Creta.

While its eight-model SUV portfolio, including the Exter, Venue, Creta, Alcazar, Venue N Line, Kona, Tucson, and Ioniq 5, contributed to a total of 60 percent of the Korean carmaker's India volumes in CY23, Hyundai Motor India aims to grow the contribution to 65 percent this year.
Starting with the launch of the Creta that contributed to 9% of the carmaker's volumes in CY2015, Hyundai's eight-model SUV portfolio formed 60% of its volumes in CY2023.

Hyundai Creta Facelift | Bookings now open in India-0721542a16984284949567dcd3d606ad_8af146921d624b799fa6e31f894aebbf-1.jpeg

Link:

Last edited by volkman10 : 16th January 2024 at 18:35.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 18:49   #492
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi Dybuk View Post
Are you sure on this? Because the product brochure from the Hyundai's website doesn't mention the air purifier anywhere.
I caught this in Gagan's video. He mentions he had opened the window in a dusty region and there was a prompt on the touchscreen about air purifier working to clear it.
07CR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 19:00   #493
Distinguished - BHPian

Directed by Siddharth Anand

Venkatesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 19:03   #494
BHPian

Along expected lines. Almost all the cars are now clones of one another with the amount of tech and gizmos across the variants. Suffice to say that a 20 lakh car offers more features than a 50 lakh car did even 8-10 years ago. Having said that, there is no "wow" factor in the Creta but I guess it ticks every box at various price points. With their inexpensive and wide service network, seems like another winner for Hyundai. I don't think they have put a foot wrong since the Santro 2.0 which was their last dud.
Old 16th January 2024, 19:05   #495
BHPian

The presentation of 1 hour and 15 mins was boring to the tilt. The actual car and its features were introduced after 40 mins and all it took was 10 mins to explain the new car. Creta has been through only 2 generations and not like Verna where it all started from Accent. This whole stuff could have been managed within 30-45 minutes.

Except for changes in looks and ADAS added, there is nothing to differentiate in terms of engine, performance, ride quality or driving dynamics. Why then this elaborate event?
gopalnt is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks