Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2024, 07:52   #376
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta Facelift | Bookings now open in India

This is the best looking Creta till date, previous model was the worst and only vehicle I hate to follow on a highway because of the ugly rear, interiors were also low grade. The new facelift has a more integrated and cohesive design and feels modern. I am sure lots of people will change their opinion and take to its looks easily once they see it in person.

Last edited by autohead : 11th January 2024 at 07:55.
autohead is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 08:34   #377
BHPian

I do not understand why car designers feel the urge to adhere to similar design for all their products. Have seen this in Suzuki and Hyundai more than others (easily visible as they have more models). Facelifts are chance to overhaul the cars' design and always the designers tend to try and stay safe with the accepted design language of that particular company. Creta always looked weird from the front three-quarter (my opinion) and even with this facelift they are unable to fix it. Earlier posts comparing between the Seltos and Creta facelifts is prime example where Kia is more open to change while Hyundai is not.

Last edited by Gedaliah : 11th January 2024 at 08:41. Reason: spelling correction
Old 11th January 2024, 10:07   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiagoatrix View Post
The creta in first image is Indonesian, second one is ours.
It is not like Hyundai doesn't know how to make beautiful cars, even in India they have models like ioniq and tuscon.
I would take the design of the Indian version over the Indonesian one day. The complete chrome front grill is an absolute eye sore.
Bhodrolok is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 11:41   #379
BHPian

People are making too much fuss about the new facelift and its remote likeness to the design of Venue
The existing design was very polarising and they've played it safe this time.
Old 11th January 2024, 12:04   #380
BHPian

Is it just me or they have cut down on the tyre specs?

I assume that the images are for Top Model & the tyre has 195/60 R16 section. If this holds, I wouldn't be much impressed.

Name:  c1.png
Views: 607
Size:  396.2 KB
catchdoon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 12:47   #381
BANNED

It is anticipated that this car, similar to other Hyundai products, will achieve great success and sell in large volumes due to its popularity among buyers. Nevertheless, we currently have no information about any enhancements made to passenger safety or the safety rating of this car. It is hoped that Hyundai has addressed safety concerns in this new release.
Old 11th January 2024, 13:06   #382
Senior - BHPian

Front is literally non existent - too much of chrome inserts and the grille is ugly. I thought BMWs new grille design language was ugly - but Creta beats them all! Otherwise its always better in other areas. Exter's boxy language seems to be seen a bit here. Rear is acceptable now compared to outgoing model. Nothing comes close to the OG Creta in terms of balanced styling!
gururajrv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 14:27   #383
Senior - BHPian

The previous generation was not a facelift but a complete platform revamp. I was not a great fan of the design however it grew on me as I saw more of the car on the roads. However I loved the elegant interior for that version.

In the latest facelift Hyundai has built upon the interior design and made it even more inviting. The exterior facelift for me has done away with a lot of the aspects that I found not so great. The facelift has also made the front more vertical and buff in keeping with the SUV look. The rear also works for me and managed to tie the front and rear together. Rear gives vibes of the first generation Grand Cherokee in some aspects. Exterior and interiors also give off vibes of the Ionic 5 EV.

Looking forward to the final powertrain combination especially a manual variant of the turbo petrol and the N-Line version.

Drive on,
Shibu
shibujp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 16:10   #384
BHPian

The exterior changes are basically an attempt to sync the design across the venue-tucson lineup as is the case with most manufactures. Same for the interior dashboard design. Same across the Kia- Hyundai family now.

My only gripe is that they market this as an SUV - show it running on rough terrain etc., whereas it is a two wheel drive vehicle. Will get stuck on rocks, in the river or sand/ mud.
@PetrolheadASH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 16:31   #385
BHPian

People in their mid 40-50s will prefer the creta over the seltos for its simple easy to digest design (& colours maybe), it's not too Japanese like the seltos with its extra curves and cuts and funky alloys. The seltos would be bought by guys in their 30-40's , funky, flamboyant style, razor sharp design, arrive in style nature. Money would go to Hyundai either way, this time they created the Honda Elevate killer not a seltos competitor. The grand vitrara doesnt have anything to give other than AWD, and clearly the buyers of grand vitara didn't buy it looking at safety, so why buy a vitara with cheap interior when one can get euro spec interior. Just my 2 cents .
FASTLIFE is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 16:52   #386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTLIFE View Post
People in their mid 40-50s will prefer the creta over the seltos for its simple easy to digest design (& colours maybe), it's not too Japanese like the seltos with its extra curves and cuts and funky alloys. The seltos would be bought by guys in their 30-40's , funky, flamboyant style, razor sharp design, arrive in style nature. .
Good point but not true in my case. Last year, my FIL went for Seltos (he was looking for a change as he has driven Hyundai all his life due to his nature of work) and I went for Creta (family loved the panaromic sunroof)
Old 11th January 2024, 17:52   #387
BHPian

Well... It was a one line brief. Do your best... Make it boring. And lo behold! Hyundai has been really consistent with this. They could have atleast let the Tucson rub off some itf it's design cues. But no! boring it had to be. Even the Verna has got some edge. Boring and neutral really does sell in India. Yawn.
Old 11th January 2024, 18:32   #388
BHPian

Beautiful design and unmistakably an evolved Creta. Looks much much better than Seltos facelift.
kpkeerthi is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 18:58   #389
BHPian

It is certainly a mature looking car, much much better than the previous over designed model.

However when you see this, the Elevate, Grand Vitara, Seltos, Taigun + kushaq etc they all look the same!! The same design language. Where is the differentiation these days?
Old 11th January 2024, 19:05   #390
BHPian

The n-line version of this car in "Performance blue" will be S-T-U-N-N-I-N-G.

Please, Hyundai, please bring it.

Hyundai Creta Facelift | Bookings now open in India-images-4-2.jpeg
buzzy_boy is online now   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks