Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2024, 17:58   #361
BANNED

Re: Hyundai Creta Facelift | Bookings now open in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebikemaster View Post
I still dont understand the Indian buyers mind when they buy these kind of ugly designed vehicles.
Because exterior is only one aspect of a CAR. Then there are other - Engine, transmission, features, price, reliability, after sales support and so on. Creta is the best seller, so you can figure out why?

Moreover Exterior is hugely subjective and can grow on somebody, but other aspects like engine, transmission, features, cost, ASS etc. are not so forgiving.

Last edited by UD17 : 10th January 2024 at 18:02.
UD17 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 10th January 2024, 18:34   #362
e46
BHPian

I wonder what makes some of us say, the design is worse than the current model. Its hand down matured and more palatable.

Wonder why some cars look more tasteful? Chances are they have simple horizontal lines. Reason why Grand Vitara and Elevate 's rear & profile are better than the Creta's.
e46 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th January 2024, 19:10   #363

Dear Friends, I am considering buying either the KIA Seltos GTX 7DCT variant or an equivalent upcoming Creta variant.

My question: Is it worth getting the BH registration number purely from a upfront cost saving point of you? If Yes, does anyone know- how easy is to re-register after the initial 2 years are over?
Note- I don't plan to shift states, but I "can" get the required letter from my company.
sonulives is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2024, 19:43   #364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumosari View Post
I think both previous Verna and Creta used to be rolled off from same platform. New Verna might have new platform and I believe new Creta will also use the same platform and score 5 star rating. Fingers crossed...Please correct me if I am wrong
The ‘new Creta’ is a facelift and not a new generation so will use the same platform, but they *might* have made structural changes to manage pedal intrusion into the footwell. It is clear that they are designing keeping consumer tests in mind down to the little details like i-Size compatibility that fetch points in GNCAP/BNCAP. In fact the group has done the same thing with the Kia Sonet and Carens and seemingly even commissioned GNCAP retesting for the latter (which I suspect might be published on the 10th anniversary of Safer Cars For India). However Hyundai confirmed in an interview that GNCAP were not accepting more volunteer requests from them after the Verna so they would proceed with BNCAP only.
ron178 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th January 2024, 20:55   #365
BHPian

Video in this link seems to be the most detailed upload seen till now.
The front looks ok (better than current version)
Hyundai has messed up the rear as the led strip seems to gel only with dark colours. It looks like a ruler (scale like addition) at the rear in white. They could have done much better by giving it some different shape rather than a straight line.
Internally some refreshing changes including the nicely laid out dashboard is welcome and will be a selling point.

Last edited by TorkBHP : 10th January 2024 at 20:57. Reason: Spelling mistake
TorkBHP is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th January 2024, 21:28   #366
BHPian

The line between new generation and facelift is getting pretty blurry there days. Manufacturers are continuously updating their cars to manage emission norms , safety regulations and meet consumer preferences in a highly competitive market. (in fact Tata explicitly has this Always New policy)

If you look at this facelift it has
1. Completely new rear and front
2. Completely new interior
3. Brand new 1.5 litre turbo engine with a new gearbox
4. A reenforced chassis and other structural elements which will hopefully improve safety
5. A new ADAS suite.

So new engine, new chassis, new interior, new features - what’s left? Just a few years ago, new generations would have far less newer features (Hello Maruti Swift, Honda City)

In such a world all talk about platform and generation starts being meaningless to anyone other than us nerds. To most consumers this is like a brand new car.

Last edited by Silverfire : 10th January 2024 at 21:30.
Silverfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2024, 21:34   #367
BHPian

Is it just me, or does current Hyundai designs look terrible in White colour? Even with New Verna, I fel the same. The white colour looked horrendous, whereas the black colour looked absolute stunning. It reeked premiumness
Old 10th January 2024, 21:39   #368

Looks is a subjective topic ... I still can't digest the current creta design from some angles and just dont like the interiors as well BUT this updated creta looks much more neutral to me and interiors seems more interesting than ever. I think this is going to be the most successful creta iteration.
Old 10th January 2024, 22:19   #369
BHPian

After so many pages of half the members here agreeing that the Creta looks hideous, I'm mostly sure that it's going to be a runaway hit. This is exactly what happened with the previous generation Creta. My wife calls it the Alien Car, and I tell her that we Indians love our Alien Cars, however ugly they might be.

The new Verna has an LED tubelight in front, that is quite successful.
Small Bot is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th January 2024, 22:20   #370

For me, it's definitely the Creta all the way. The ownership experience with Hyundai is unmatched. And now, with the new Creta packed with features, it's poised to dominate the market. Oh boy, it's going to make a significant impact.
Old 10th January 2024, 22:45   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small Bot View Post
After so many pages of half the members here agreeing that the Creta looks hideous, I'm mostly sure that it's going to be a runaway hit. This is exactly what happened with the previous generation Creta. My wife calls it the Alien Car, and I tell her that we Indians love our Alien Cars, however ugly they might be.

The new Verna has an LED tubelight in front, that is quite successful.
Like @UD17 mentioned (which I completely agree to)
Exterior is only one aspect...
Engine, transmission, features, price, reliability, after sales support, etc are factors which have made hyundai sucessful... Imagine the amount of success they could have got had they done the exterior designing with a more universal appeal.
BTW I agree on the tubelight point that you mentioned - they seem to be adopting this approach with most of their recent treatments for front and rear facelifts
TorkBHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2024, 22:46   #372
BHPian

There goes my expectations down the drain, front looks too busy and rear looks too bland to say the least. Seltos has always been the smartest car in this segment and will continue to do so, who knows that could be the strategy from Hyundai and Kia. Where one designs conventional cars and other goes whatever extent to design unconventional. Very disappointed Hyundai

Interesting to note that the turn indicators LED looks similar to the one I have seen in Maruti Fronx

Hyundai Creta Facelift | Bookings now open in India-img_3966.jpeg

Hyundai Creta Facelift | Bookings now open in India-img_3965.jpeg

Photo source- YouTube

Edit - Just an after thought, I know I did a shoddy job. Considering that Hyundai’s latest design trend is to have H in DRLs and rear lights, they could have done something like this instead of half baked H in DRL and rear

Hyundai Creta Facelift | Bookings now open in India-img_3967.jpeg

Last edited by vvivek85 : 10th January 2024 at 23:08.
vvivek85 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2024, 23:13   #373
BHPian

3 major points on interior

1. Dashboard
Mix of seltos and alcazar (big thumbs up)
It will provide a host of information with top graphics as seen in both cars mentioned earlier

Hyundai Creta Facelift | Bookings now open in India-img_20240110_212336.jpg

2. Nav / map / media
This seems to be a replica of seltos
Again a big thumbs up
It'll take the overall experience to another level

Hyundai Creta Facelift | Bookings now open in India-img_20240110_212243.jpg

3. HVAC
All controls seems to be actual buttons and not touch
Again a big thumbs up as these are more intuitive and user friendly to operate when one is driving
It avoids the accidental presses and need to take your eyes of the road in case of touch panel.
The pic also shows a host of functions available on these click buttons.

Hyundai Creta Facelift | Bookings now open in India-screenshot_2024011022574334_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg
TorkBHP is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 10th January 2024, 23:50   #374

Hello all. I'm going against the tide here, I love the current design as much as I loved the first iteration and then the iterations that followed. Besides, a car is more that just it's looks.

The 1st gen Creta maybe good looking but it is no where as near as comfortable as the current generation.

Tech wise too...engine, suspension etc. My only grouse is the headlights. I could never understand the bi beam halogen projectors of the previous gen and I still cannot understand the gazillion LEDs setup of the current one. In fact...barring a few, all the current crop of cars have these dazzling torch lights in the name of headlights that do anything but illuminating the road ahead.

So yeah, I like this facelift as anyway I'm going to be sitting inside and driving it in comfort and enjoying the tech that comes with it.
Lifeographer84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 00:01   #375
BHPian

WHOA!!! Wait! Why is the tyre size showing 195/60 R16?

Creta always rode 205/65 R16 or 215/60 R17 tyres, right?!

Hyundai Creta Facelift | Bookings now open in India-418732444_18409224493001033_3684571764959791810_n.jpg

Why would Hyundai downgrade the tyres?
Else, is that an error by the graphics artist who made these images? If so, are all images mostly graphical art to makes us feel nice-nice and rake in booking numbers?

Interesting times!!
Miel is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks