Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2024, 11:47   #271
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta Facelift | Bookings now open in India

IMO
Everyone said the same about the new Verna when the initial pictures were out and I had bad impressions too on the new Verna but when I went to see the vehicle in person, man the darker version was out of this world and looked so futuristic and appealing to my eyes (personal choice though). I think the same will happen with Creta too. People who think its ugly by seeing the first set of leaked pics will change their opinion when they start seeing the car in person
V_Nyx is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 12:00   #272
BHPian

Even when current generation Creta was unveiled it had similar negative feedbacks on how it looks, but we all know how well it sold . I too feel this version might look better in darker shades especially black and also, our perspective might change when we look at the car in person .
VigneshMC is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 14:33   #273
BHPian

Front looks too busy with parts/colours varying a lot.
But I think compared to the current car, anything would look good and I find this better.
PreludeSH is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 15:14   #274
BHPian

Front looks like pumped up venue, rear looks like modified fronx, the Tucson look would have made wonders .
Old 7th January 2024, 15:26   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskaracs View Post
the gear stalk looks different in the 1st two pics without and with Deepika. Even the rexin cover (at the base of the gear stalk) is absent in the 1st pic, while it is present in the pic with Deepika. Probably the one with Deepika is the real Creta render. the 1st one is not.
The difference could also be due to different gear levers used in the iVT, DCT and TC models in the new Creta.
This is just my speculation and not a confirmation as it was not true yet but might be a possibility. Creta is the money-maker for Hyundai and I do not think they would let un-real photos slip out in the marketing.
daksh0510 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 19:14   #276
BHPian

The rear look of facelift Creta is an eyesore to me. After seeing all these photo I feel the current version looks much better. Mainly the Knight Edition
bizi05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 19:27   #277

Actually loved the Fluidic sharp looks of the First Gen. Now designers are slowly moving towards the "bland EV looks" it seems. The rear three quarters looks very boring!
amey910 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 20:00   #278
BHPian

I am Tucson owner and always used to feel let down on how Creta looked similar to Tucson. Even gave this feedback multiple times to Hyundai that their premium cars need to look apart from mid range. Once even sent a letter to their leadership, never got revert.

I am glad Hyundai took the feedback and now Creta looks far apart from Tucson and closer to Venue. Yes potential Creta owners will feel bad but think about those that paid extra money to get a vehicle that looks different and not similar to 1-2 levels down.

I know my comment is controversial but thats the reality, I am sure Jeep Wrangler owners don't like how Thar did a ripoff in design.
heydj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 20:51   #279
BHPian

On our recent travel to the Philippines, we had seen the Tucson-ish version of thr Creta multiple times and in all honesty, didn't find it to be much of a looker

Compared to that, this one looks much better. Not that it will win any design awards or is a head turner. Yes, it does look too similar to the Venue but it might also have to do with the camera angle. Let's wait for more images and actual reveal before continuing the bashing

Ironically, this is one product, despite it's polarizing design, will sell like hot cakes.

Last edited by amit_2025 : 7th January 2024 at 20:59.
amit_2025 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 22:54   #280

Looks better compared to the current generation, at least to me.

Back when the current generation was launched, everyone was lambasting its design and prophesying its failure. Yet it outsold the first generation by a fair margin.

The pull of brand Creta is so strong right now that even if Hyundai were to put lipstick on a pig and slap a Creta tag on it, the sales would still be quite strong.
DDV437 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 23:00   #281
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Every new generation will feel inferior in looks. Remember the criticism that the current gen faced when it was launched in 2020.

Looks are personal, but that aside, Hyundai is set to win the market over and in fact create new records with Creta! Creta has been their cash cow and they will surely go all guns blazing to make it a success!

Icing on the cake would be 5* BNCAP!!
SJ1211 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 23:50   #282
Senior - BHPian

"Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder"
Popularity of a model is not always about looks. Most of us still look for VFM and reliability in a big ticket purchase like car and of course, trust in the brand. Hyundai knows it too well and that's why it rules the SUV chart. If only looks were deal breaker then we would have been seeing models like Harrier/Slavia on the top but unfortunately that's not the case.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 7th January 2024 at 23:54.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2024, 05:16   #283

Recently booked Creta after my Venue got affected in flood. Long thought should I wait for new Creta or should I go with old one, and booked the old one. Had I decided to wait, I would have got a elder sister of Venue. Looks more of Seltos rear now to me.
beingvinodh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2024, 08:35   #284
BHPian

The facelift looks so much better than the current version. When I was shopping for my Honda City replacement it was between the Creta and Seltos. I ended up buying the seltos because I could not live with the design of the current creta. A very tasteful facelift inspired by Venue. I am pretty sure creta will rule the segment with this design.
shadyrulez is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2024, 09:58   #285
BHPian

I agree. Looks terrible, especially compared to it's main competitor - the facelifted Seltos.

I did a quick comparo of similar angles of the facelifted Creta with the Seltos.

Here are the results. Decide for yourself which looks better!

Front three quarters:

Hyundai Creta Facelift | Bookings now open in India-front-three-quarters.jpg

Rear three quarters:

Hyundai Creta Facelift | Bookings now open in India-rear-three-quarters.jpg

Side

Hyundai Creta Facelift | Bookings now open in India-side.jpg
Virtualaman is offline   (40) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks