Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2024, 18:19   #256
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta Facelift | Bookings now open in India

Hyundai Creta: Hyundai’s project reserved exclusively for budding car designers and out of the box thinkers.

They always come up with some quirky design for the Creta. Whats more funny is that seeing too many of these everyday, one starts getting warmed up to the design and accepts it but by that time, a newer version comes to the market.
PaddleShifter is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 6th January 2024, 18:31   #257
BHPian

While this facelift does fix certain quirky elements of the of facelift version, the whole design doesn't look cohesive to me anymore. It looks like different parts were designed by different teams and then just stuck on to the bodyshell. I expect it will look better in darker shades, especially the front end.
rahulcmoulee is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th January 2024, 18:44   #258
BANNED

Actually this one is looking better to my eyes, at least for me. This is certainly better looking than current one. Hope they will not increase price by much.
aniketi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th January 2024, 19:10   #259
Senior - BHPian

Not as handsome as Kia or Tata but definitely better than the current Chinese look. The rear especially is an improvement. Looks like we need an entire generation change before we can expect a decent looking Creta like the first gen.
Cresterk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th January 2024, 20:31   #260

Facelift scoop images here:
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta Facelift | Bookings now open in India-sode.jpg  

Hyundai Creta Facelift | Bookings now open in India-front.jpg  

Hyundai Creta Facelift | Bookings now open in India-back.jpg  

krishnahampe is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 6th January 2024, 20:56   #261
BHPian

Hyundai should name it as Venue+ instead of Creta. Suddenly, the ongoing model looks better, lol! The rear is still palatable. A blackened out version would be much desired to hide the Venue looks. But who are we to complain about. It's Hyundai and Creta, 15k+ monthly sales confirmed
ASP007 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th January 2024, 21:11   #262
Senior - BHPian

Existing owners only need to change front bumper along with the rear left and right quarter body panels plus boot plastics to accomodate new grill, headlight and taillamps.

I was going to trade mine in but its cheaper to alter these parts rather than take a depreciation hit. I prefer the existing interior layout compared to this Seltos borrowed one.
Nithesh_M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2024, 21:12   #263
BHPian

The rear looks really poorly designed.
The Seltos looks much better in every respect.

On a lighter note my 2020 car will hold its value much much better.
.sourov is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2024, 21:41   #264
BHPian

Only hyundai can make a hideous looking car like Creta even more hideous with a facelift.

Who am i to say anything though, this will still sell like discounted pancakes. More units in a month than Taigun, Kushaq, Virtus and Slavia combined LOL!
omranga98 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 6th January 2024, 22:34   #265
BHPian

I feel like it's missing an "S" badge

The rear especially looks like something that would come from Maruti. To me, it looks better that the current rear end.

But yeah, overall feels like the front, rear and the sides (which seems to be the same as the current version) doesn't quite gel together.

The current one is cohesively bad. This looks like a decent but incohesive Mish-mash design.

But I'll take this anyday over the current one and 1st Gen Creta facelift remains the most Handsome.
ZenMaster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2024, 22:58   #266
BHPian

Looks ugly and more Chhapri.
Vernafied is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 00:48   #267
BHPian

Definitely feels like a Venue Pro Max edition. Hyundai used to design their cars so well but now out of their current offerings, Tuscon seems to be the best looking car.
AbhishekNigam is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 08:14   #268
BHPian

One thing that can be said about all leak pics is that usually, the car ends up looking distorted due to the poor cameras. Overall though, I think that this looks a lot better than the current Creta, front as well as back. I like that they have gone with the current trend of lights standing out prominently from the body rather than being inset into the body line and blending in. The new grille also looks much more conventional overall, I'd say that the new Creta looks conventionally handsome. I am not a fan of the "melted" looking design of the current Creta and I like what has changed. I would have liked to see that drooping down C-pillar to be corrected as well, but I guess that will have to wait until the next gen Creta.
vivekgk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 09:40   #269
BHPian

This definitely looks like a bigger version of Venue. Honestly, I Was expecting a smaller version of Tucson, as the flagship Hyundai SUV looks much better.
Generally it seems that Hyundai does all of its experimentation on mid range cars, while the top end look more ageless in terms of their design. A notable exception is the EV segment - which is always expected to be revolutionary in terms of design language.
In terms of other changes I think this facelift will have the newer powertrains of Hyundai-Kia with the 1.5 Turbo petrol engine. This will give it a big edge over its competitors
Motorhead007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 10:57   #270

Good morning all dear team bhp family.
This is my first post at the esteemed forum although I have been reading this since more that 8 yrs.
I thank the moderators for allowing me to be part of this family, when I got relatively free in life after completing all my studies and degrees. a typical doctor style long hectic career.
IMHO this new Creta looks well proportioned now and will grow on users and will sell very well. The design language has shifted from being typically Korean to a mix of Korean and American kind of with boxy feel to it. It has got subtle elegance to it and likely will look good in person, although the looks are subjective.
What it does is, it gives all bells and whistles at reasonable price and provides a diesel version as well.
Let’s hope this scores more than 3 stars ⭐️ at Bharat NCAP
A hands down to all YouTubers who had showcased the mini tucson design language for new creta.
Vikram87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks