Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2021, 14:33   #31
BHPian

Re: Emerging PR trend in India | OEMs faking "my car is sold out"

I can share mine too while booking the Rapid.
With the Rider and Rider+ being made unavailable it was only the higher variants that could have been booked. Anyways I found Ambition to be a better deal with the features that I wanted.
I wanted a Silver Rapid and had communicated the same. Also was keeping the tone to get it financed through personal means. You see Silver + Finance.
SA agreed to provide delivery within 10 days. I called up the next day and Silver was made unavailable. I inquired for white and it could be delivered only after 15 days.
I then changed my tone and told that I would go with all cash and bingo the car was made available in 2 days, delivered in 5 days. Reason given was that one customer has cancelled the delivery because he is planning an auspicious day sometime next month.
ankitsharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2021, 10:34   #32
BHPian

When I bought the Elite i20 - in first few months of launch, it was selling like hot cakes. I was in the market for quick hatch. Nearly settled for a Fiat Punto 90hp for 8.3L OTR. But my better half wanted Elite i20, she loved its looks and the feature set. Though there was a waiting period of 3-4 months, dealer being a friend, offered the top ASTA model that i was looking for, but in RED colour. It had an advance paid by a customer, who had trouble to get his finances for nearly a month. So i took it immediately. I actually wanted a WHITE, but again the Mrs decided on the RED.

But the other two cars i bought for myself, FIAT LINEA 1.3MJD EMOTION in 2013 and VW VENTO 1.5TDi AT HIGHLINE in 2017 were bought in stock. Previous model year cars and took good discounts and immediate deliveries. Love both of them and still holding onto both.

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd May 2021 at 05:23. Reason: Typo
svmvale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2021, 08:23   #33
Senior - BHPian

Though OT, but I find it relevant here.

Over the years, I have been asking a common question to family members and friends in Marketing & Sales domain (across industries). That, is there a formal course in "Expert Lying Techniques" that they studied as part of their marketing subjects or did they gain expertise as On-the-Job Training.

All that I have managed to get is a weird smirk.
AutoNoob is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th May 2021, 10:38   #34
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this page!

Quote:
Received on 25th May, and T-Roc was supposed to be sold out!!
Emerging PR trend in India | OEMs faking "my car is sold out"-whatsapp-image-20210525-16.08.27.jpeg
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th May 2021, 21:09   #35
BHPian

I was able to get a New Creta in 3 days flat, from the same dealer who said the SX version has 6-8months waiting and SX(O) around 3 months... Not sure if i was lucky or there were some sales tactics at play. Once i told this to the other Hyundai & Kia dealers in the city that i was talking to, they too started having cars readily available

So yes, the shortage & long waiting periods that you hear definitely seem to be inflated.
Totoro11 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 07:25   #36
GTO
Team-BHP Support

A fresh entry for this thread - the TVS Apache RR 310 BTO (TVS Apache RR 310 BTO sold out; bookings reopen on Oct 1):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque_Curve View Post
Sending out a release for clocking 150 bookings, which itself took almost a month. Seriously, TVS?
I mean, I'm an RR310 owner myself, don't get me wrong. I love the bike and the brand, but this seems like they're kinda pushing it just to keep the model in the news.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Completely agree with you, this is just a PR email which has no significance, except that bookings open again in one week, going by the luke warm response it will probably take one more month to sell them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Today being the 24th, bookings will open in exactly one week.

Sold out for a week!

This has to be a flagship entry for GTO's thread - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...-sold-out.html (Emerging PR trend in India | OEMs faking "my car is sold out")
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 08:09   #37
BHPian

Can anybody believe I bought a hot selling two wheeler commanding heavy sales in flat two days?
Reason again, the intended customer could not arrange the finance as the bike reached dealer early.

Emerging PR trend in India | OEMs faking "my car is sold out"-20210926080601.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality of pic taken during pooja.

Last edited by girishv : 26th September 2021 at 08:10. Reason: Typo
girishv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 11:50   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
On a parallel note, what about the unrealistic waiting periods quoted by OEMs? How many of us would wait 6 months to get their hands on a Creta IVT? Or 5 months for their Sonet/Seltos?
That is small scale hype created by car salesman to trick you into buying the variant/colour they have in stock or worse last year's model.
It works wonderfully though and I personally know many people who have fell for this. For many of my past cars I have never budged from my decision on variant/colour/model year and have gotten the car way before the promised time. (It has always been a bluff by them in my experience)

Latest example is my Creta, Hans Hyundai wanted to sell me last year's model in Jan, claiming production will only resume after mid March and they already are booked for many months and they'll give me free accessories worth 10K or so (for the previous year manufactured car) and that the prices will definitely increase for the new model, I obviously didn't fell for any of that and car of my choice was delivered in 20 days flat at same price as last year's. (Minus the free accessories ofcourse)

Last edited by Rocketscience : 18th May 2022 at 11:52.
Rocketscience is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 12:13   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience View Post
That is small scale hype created by car salesman to trick you into buying the variant/colour they have in stock or worse last year's model.
This could be the case in a few occasions(during my purchase, Nexa was pushing me for Ciaz Delta variant by quoting long waiting for Alpha). But in case of hot-selling cars, the waiting periods have been long irrespective of the color/variant. If you compromise on the color/variant, the delivery can come slightly earlier than quoted.

A friend was quoted 4 months for a black Seltos GTX D. He kept following up with the dealer but there was no sign of his car even after 4 months due to high demand for the variant+color and semiconductor supply issues. Finally, he agreed for a gray car in the same variant and he got the car is 3 weeks' time.

Another friend was quoted 3 months for Baleno when he was booking and he has already completed 2+ months waiting for the car. He went ahead and booked a Nexon a week ago, with a waiting period of 6 months. He might receive his Baleno in a month's time but has decided to get the Nexon now. A month later, when he cancels his Baleno booking, someone will get the car earlier than promised.

Quote:
I obviously didn't fell for any of that and car of my choice was delivered in 20 days flat at same price as last year's. (Minus the free accessories ofcourse)
Glad to know you got your car of choice in the preferred color/variant.

Last edited by ashis89 : 18th May 2022 at 12:17.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks