Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2021, 10:45   #76
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Mahindra Marazzo & KUV100 to be discontinued

Marazzo was an excellent vehicle, especially in dynamics, fuel efficiency, drivability. The boot space alone could have been increased by a few inches and I feel that it would have sold well. Even now, if there is scope of increasing the boot space with all 3 rows in place, there could be potential market in the rental taxi space.
Old 16th May 2021, 10:50   #77
BHPian

It is astonishing as to how many people are down on demeaning and degrading Marazzo without even having checked it out! If you would've gotten a chance to drive it or be in it for some time, there's no way there would be so much negativity on this thread.

IMO it is still one of the most underrated cars to ever be sold in our market. And what's wrong with the interiors? I don't get the rants.
sodapop is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th May 2021, 14:10   #78
Senior - BHPian

The only thing Marazzo is missing is some fancy features like start-stop button, auto dimming irvm and keyless entry etc. Maybe a bigger engine and shorter clutch travel too. But I drive one everyday and there is nothing that comes with even close to the ride quality, fuel efficiency, quietness and cabin comfort. It is a heck of an all rounder that covers all key bases yet is getting unnecessary bad press. Nothing wrong with Mahindra service or the tight engine bay - I just don't get these remarks at all

It is Mahindra's lackadaisical attitude incl not fully loading the car at launch (like XUV300), still not bringing a petrol / auto and not providing the missing feature that is to blame.
MUV space was going to be a tough bet but extremely rewarding if Mahindra had cracked it. They did 99% of the ground work and skipped the final 1% - the part that is visible/perceptible immediately.

Last edited by Nilesh5417 : 16th May 2021 at 14:13.
Nilesh5417 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2021, 15:26   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodapop View Post
It is astonishing as to how many people are down on demeaning and degrading Marazzo without even having checked it out!

IMO it is still one of the most underrated cars to ever be sold in our market. And what's wrong with the interiors? I don't get the rants.
For what it offers, yes it is somewhat underrated. However, that doesn't alone judge the success or failure of a product. The XUV500 has been a consistent performer until recently from the day it was launched. Same with the Scorpio and Bolero. But if you see the other cars from the M&M stable, they are not so in spite of changes done to the offering(like TUV engines) etc. Even the XUV300 has been a good performer in sales.

Who is the target customer of a Marazzo? A customer who is specifically looking for a seven seater car and an alternative to the Innova or an upgrade to Ertiga. Now both the Ertiga and Innova are proven names in their respective segments and in spite of that, there would be a group of people who want to explore outside of this and try something different. This customer once in the Mahindra showroom must not get diverted to the XUV500, which is a bit difficult unless the buyer is very specific about third row comfort. Of course there is a price difference but there is a price overlap, and you get a much bigger engine, better looks and more equipment as well as an AT option.

Hence the prospective customer base is very small for the Marazzo. It was not a choice of the fleet market though we see many cabs running around mainly because of its complicated maintenance in the engine bay and underbody. Hence once this word of mouth spreads among the taxi buyers, they will avoid buying it. Just to remove a battery there is so much to be done, forget going to the suspension.

But if this rumor of discontinuing the Marazzo is false, especially if they have already invested in the BS6 conversion, it would make sense to slightly give it better looks which will make it less of a Xylo and more of an XUV, and then place it in its current position maybe with a bigger engine. But that's doubtful given how the current engine bay is. This would act as a buffer while the XUV700 would enter the market.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2021, 15:38   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodapop View Post
It is astonishing as to how many people are down on demeaning and degrading Marazzo without even having checked it out! If you would've gotten a chance to drive it or be in it for some time, there's no way there would be so much negativity on this thread.

+100. Many of the opinions expressed are just half/truths, hearsay, myths. Expressed by people who have not experienced the Marazzo for any reasonable amount of time. Its a brilliant vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
But I drive one everyday and there is nothing that comes with even close to the ride quality, fuel efficiency, quietness and cabin comfort. It is a heck of an all rounder that covers all key bases yet is getting unnecessary bad press. Nothing wrong with Mahindra service or the tight engine bay - I just don't get these remarks at all
Completely agree. Being a Marazzo owner i can vouch that the car is one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. Once my family got used to the comfort of the Marazzo they just refuse to travel in my other car, a 2014 Honda City iVtec. ( now sold ). If you drive the Marazzo and the Honda City back to back the Honda City feels like a noisy bumpy tin can in comparison.
JediKnight is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th May 2021, 22:02   #81
BHPian

As per CarWale, Mahindra Marazzo Automatic Launch confirmed
Old 18th May 2021, 00:24   #82

Marazzo was placed in a segment ruled by Ertiga and Innova. Both the competitors targeted extended families, wehereas the Marazzo targeted the same but somehow fell flat on its face being a Mahindra. It was mostly sold as taxi and this cemented its image in the mind of Indian consumer. This was the end of product life cycle for Marazzo IMHO.
sudhiruiit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 14:17   #83
BHPian

Quashing all rumors, Vijay Nakra CEO of M&M Automotive division has confirmed that Marazzo will not be discontinued. He confirmed that the MPV will get newer variants with an autoshift (AMT) version arriving soon.

Source: Car and Bike.
JediKnight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 15:40   #84
BHPian

The only problem with Marazzo is that it came from the Mahindra brand. The Ertiga has been a runaway success because of the brand value of Maruti. Mahindra should start working on making their brand more reliable to gain consumers' trust. The XUV till today is a niggle-oriented vehicle despite the promise it inherently is capable of!
Old 18th July 2021, 16:02   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

I would also blame the failure of these two not so aesthetically appealing, recent launches to Mahindra's very poor marketing department.

After all, proven mechanicals and power trains from the Mahindra range have been used in these two failed models. Hence their reliability was never a matter of dispute. These have a much better road presence and are safer than many in the competition, that are rendered ductile upon impact.

Their discontinuance will enable the automaker deal full time with required synergy towards the better selling models devotedly.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 18th July 2021 at 16:04.
Old 7th April 2022, 14:01   #86
BHPian

Just reviving an old thread.

Is Mahindra really looking to continue Marazzo or the product will die a slow death (since it's nearly at the fag end of its lifecycle). Despite being a competent product, the step motherly treatment and lack of management bandwidth will ensure that this product goes down the drain. There were rumors of AMT but again it's been ages since we heard anything.

I had a chance to visit a couple of Mahindra Showrooms and they are not much interested to talk about Marazzo. With no clarity from the top brasses, people are scared to buy/ask about the product and dealers are scared to have something as dead inventory.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 7th April 2022 at 14:09. Reason: Paragraphing
Old 7th April 2022, 14:56   #87
Senior - BHPian

M&M usually goes with a spectacularly low pricing at launch, garner attention and then slowly raise prices. With Marazzo they went for a premium over the Ertiga which dominated the segment at the time. I still feel its not too late for the Marazzo, a noticeable facelift and a price realignment can generate some life back into the car.
Old 7th April 2022, 15:08   #88
BHPian

True, it does not seem to be too late for M&M, because Marazzo is a great product just marred by early mistakes from the company.
What's needed:
1. A proper torque converter
2. Facelift
3. Predatory pricing
Mannu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 14:41   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Rajesh Jejurikar, ED, Farm & Auto, M&M

Quote:
No plans to discontinue Marazzo. We had to deprioritise due too the current production constraints.
Link
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2024, 08:24   #90
BHPian

https://auto.mahindra.com/suv/marazzo/MRZO.html

Marazzo is back with a slight increase in price. Hopefully with some updates for the better.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks