Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2022, 16:44   #151
BHPian

re: Rumour: Maruti Ertiga & XL6 to gain new features. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 11.29 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerKeeda View Post
Interestingly, I received calls from 2 different showrooms and both of them gave me different information. One said THERE WONT BE 6 SEATER VERSION ATALL ONLY 7 SEATER WILL BE ON OFFER.

And the other said exactly opposite.

But I believe though 7 seater option would be a great option, its less likely to happen.
My SA said he too was expecting a 7 seater option, but is unsure as no further details have been received. Agree a 7 seater XL7 would be just perfect.
Old 13th April 2022, 18:51   #152
BHPian

re: Rumour: Maruti Ertiga & XL6 to gain new features. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 11.29 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by akannath View Post
My SA said he too was expecting a 7 seater option, but is unsure as no further details have been received. Agree a 7 seater XL7 would be just perfect.
Confident confirmation from dealer that XL6 will be indeed a 6 seater only. One more interesting thing is that it might be available in both 4AT and 6AT variants. 6 airbags is also confirmed, but tyre upsize is still not sure
msk_kapoor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th April 2022, 22:23   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk_kapoor View Post
Confident confirmation from dealer that XL6 will be indeed a 6 seater only. One more interesting thing is that it might be available in both 4AT and 6AT variants. 6 airbags is also confirmed, but tyre upsize is still not sure
I got confirmation from 3 different showrooms for 16"
Fingers crossed for the same.
It took me 2 hours to reach home today from office. 17 kms. Seriously thinking of changing my booking to AT after getting more clarity on the offering.
BikerKeeda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 08:01   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

2022 Maruti Suzuki XL6 variants:

Quote:
New XL6 to be available in Alpha and Zeta trims
Automatic gearbox will be available on both
Will get a more fuel efficient petrol engine and new 6-speed automatic gearbox
Quote:
bigger alloy wheels that are similar to the ones seen on the Suzuki XL7 in Indonesia.
Quote:
On the inside, expect a new upholstery and subtle changes to the trim, along with an all-new infotainment interface, similar to the Baleno. The Alpha variant will also get a 360-degree camera.

Shown for Ref.( latest XL7 for Indonesia)

2022 Maruti Ertiga & XL6, now launched-1.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 14th April 2022 at 08:30.
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 14:05   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

Indulgence is Suzuki Connect | All-New XL6

volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 14:10   #156
BHPian

I am wondering why haven't they officially (through any channel) announced about 6 airbags on ERTIGA/XL6 siblings
achintatri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 14:10   #157
BHPian

Suzuki connect seems to have added new features, auto AC and Headlamps through the APP.

Name:  SUZUKI Connect.png
Views: 694
Size:  629.4 KB

But only in AT
Name:  SUZUKI Connect AC.png
Views: 657
Size:  50.5 KB
BikerKeeda is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 17:10   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achintatri View Post
I am wondering why haven't they officially (through any channel) announced about 6 airbags on ERTIGA/XL6 siblings
I don't see how they are going to give 6 airbags in a mid life update. Just does not seem easy, possible though it may be. In any case, Suzuki through their management in Japan and in India have been very clear in their communication that 6 airbags does not equal safety. Based on this philosophy, it was a part of the feature list and no more in recent Baleno as well.
Carma2017 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 17:21   #159
Senior - BHPian

Scoop! 2022 Maruti Ertiga facelift details leaked!

Maruti Suzuki is gearing up to launch the 2022 Ertiga in India later this month. Now, a leaked document sheds some light on all the changes that have been made to the popular MPV.

2022 Maruti Ertiga & XL6, now launched-er5.jpg

The 2022 Ertiga gets a redesigned front grille, twin-pod projector headlamps and new alloy wheels.

2022 Maruti Ertiga & XL6, now launched-er4.jpg

The MPV will get dual-tone interiors featuring faux wood trim on the dashboard. The flat-bottom steering wheels will be carried over unchanged, except for the 6-speed automatic version, which gets paddle shifters.

2022 Maruti Ertiga & XL6, now launched-er3.jpg

The Ertiga is expected to be offered in four variants - LXI, VXI, ZXI and ZXI+. The car will come equipped with automatic climate control, an engine start / stop button, height-adjustable driver seat and a touchscreen infotainment system with over 40 connected car features.

2022 Maruti Ertiga & XL6, now launched-er2.jpg

The Ertiga will be powered by a new-gen 1.5-litre petrol mild-hybrid engine. The MPV will also be offered with a factory-fitted CNG option.

2022 Maruti Ertiga & XL6, now launched-er1.jpg

Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing them with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!
TusharK is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 17:23   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Scoop! 2022 Maruti Ertiga facelift details leaked!
No leaks about 6 airbags. I guess Carma2017 is right. Never knew that steering wheel is also a feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
I don't see how they are going to give 6 airbags in a mid life update. Just does not seem easy, possible though it may be .

Last edited by BoneCollector : 14th April 2022 at 17:24.
BoneCollector is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 17:42   #161
BHPian

Quote:
I don't see how they are going to give 6 airbags in a mid life update. Just does not seem easy, possible though it may be. In any case, Suzuki through their management in Japan and in India have been very clear in their communication that 6 airbags does not equal safety. Based on this philosophy, it was a part of the feature list and no more in recent Baleno as well.
As per new policy all passenger vehicles getting manufactured after 1st Oct 22, have to have 6 airbags as standard. Please refer below thread for your reference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Mr. Nitin Gadkari has urged the automobile manufacturers to increase the number of airbags to 6 as a standard fitment during his meeting with SIAM representatives. Understandably the cost will escalate but nevertheless it'll increase the safety level.

6 airbags

The mandatory 2 airbags rule comes into force after 31st December 2021. Looking at the way the cutoff for this has been extended multiple times, this 6 airbags suggestion will take ages to be enforced.
IMPO, if this is a reason why Carens offered 6 airbags from base model itself and to compete MSIL will also have to offer the same. Any which ways they have to do so after October. Just a speculation.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 14th April 2022 at 18:02. Reason: spacing for improved readability
BikerKeeda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 18:50   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerKeeda View Post
As per new policy all passenger vehicles getting manufactured after 1st Oct 22, have to have 6 airbags as standard. Please refer below thread for your reference.

IMPO, if this is a reason why Carens offered 6 airbags from base model itself and to compete MSIL will also have to offer the same. Any which ways they have to do so after October. Just a speculation.
This is just a draft notification subject and subject to negotiation between Government and Parts suppliers and OEMs. Its some way down the line from reality if it ever materialises and then too there is likely to be differentiation between New and Existing vehicles as has been the case for crash norms. So, don't get your high hopes there my friend.
Carma2017 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 18:55   #163
BHPian

The only hope now is 6 airbags in Zxi+ and Alpha models. This would knock off a good chunk from Carens bookings especially the Prestige and above variants. With only 2 airbags Maruti siblings would be DOA. Let's wait and watch.
Old 14th April 2022, 19:04   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't see how they are going to give 6 airbags in a mid life update. Just does not seem easy, possible though it may be.
Not in mid life facelifts, but Govt can make sure 6 airbags are there in new launches of cars costing, say, 7L+. Or, make 6 airbags mandatory for new launches starting from even A segment, but reduce tax for smaller cars so that there won't be significant increase in price.

Quote:
Based on this philosophy, it was a part of the feature list and no more in recent Baleno as well.
Are you saying that 6 airbags are not there in new Baleno?

Last edited by romeomidhun : 14th April 2022 at 19:28.
Old 14th April 2022, 19:10   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achintatri View Post
With only 2 airbags Maruti siblings would be DOA. Let's wait and watch.
DOA only for forum crowds, not for general public. Most trust Maruti and 2 Airbags won't dent their sales. There may be very miniscule population that would really care. We are still far away from when people will demand manufacturers to give X airbags as minimum and all.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 16th April 2022 at 01:50. Reason: A word
raksrules is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks