Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2022, 10:40   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Rumour: Maruti Ertiga & XL6 to gain new features. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 11.29 lakh

Yes, these are definitely not from India. The images are accurate though, the XL7 in front also has exactly the same logo and numberplate badge and that's harder to morph. Another giveaway is the fact that there is no Maruti above Suzuki on the left rear badge. Facial features of the two people sitting in the desk is yet another clue - though not definitive.

Unfortunately, this Maruti facelift launch is going to struggle because of the pre-emptive strike that Kia has launched with the Carens, just a few weeks before the and Ertiga facelift launch. Comparable engine to the Ertiga would be the 1.5 NA engine in the Carens. The variants with this engine of Carens (Premium and Prestige) are priced shockingly low by Kia under 10 lacs, and loaded with safety and tech features, to make sure that the Ertiga facelift is buried completely. The Marutis look dates and old inside compared to the fresh design of the Carens.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 13th March 2022 at 10:47.
84.monsoon is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2022, 15:21   #47
BHPian

re: Rumour: Maruti Ertiga & XL6 to gain new features. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 11.29 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Unfortunately, this Maruti facelift launch is going to struggle because of the pre-emptive strike that Kia has launched with the Carens, just a few weeks before the and Ertiga facelift launch. Comparable engine to the Ertiga would be the 1.5 NA engine in the Carens. The variants with this engine of Carens (Premium and Prestige) are priced shockingly low by Kia under 10 lacs, and loaded with safety and tech features, to make sure that the Ertiga facelift is buried completely. The Marutis look dates and old inside compared to the fresh design of the Carens.
Too early to say that. I believe there is enough room in the segment for both players. If anything, Kia Carens will make the segment grow bigger. I expect XL6/Ertiga to retain its sales considering Maruti has been able to hold its own in other segments too despite the onslaught of prettier cars. Carens has ofcourse started with a bang courtesy the incredible launch price but price sensitive Indian buyers will be quick to calculate that with the real-world mileage of Maruti's 1.5L petrol and Kia's 1.5L petrol, the total cost of ownership would still be much lesser for Ertiga. Also, I believe 50% of Ertiga's sales comes from CNG variant, which Carens does not have. Also, Ertiga/XL6 automatic is more than 2 lac cheaper than the cheapest Carens automatic. If Maruti can add 6 airbags and discs to Ertiga/XL6 just like they did to Baleno, they will also negate Kia's superior safety package as platform wise both products are 3 star rated so until Tata comes to party, these two will make merry.

Last edited by Time_Machine : 13th March 2022 at 15:24.
Time_Machine is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th March 2022, 20:35   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post

That may be so but MS twins have intangible aces up their sleeves. People who are going to buy MS products are going to buy MS product owing to many inherent advantages that MS offers.

And then there's the AT that Kia has bafflingly decided not to offer on 1.5. In recent poll (which engine to go for Carens) I hesitantly chose 1.4T just because 1.5 only comes with MT.
Also unpopular opinion I even like how XL6 looks, better than Carens. If new Xl6 comes with revised 6 speed AT, it's a no brainer. XL6 all the way! And to be honest, I'm no fan of MS at all. But in this category and that budget XL6 for me.
amol4184 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 09:06   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
And then there's the AT that Kia has bafflingly decided not to offer on 1.5. In recent poll (which engine to go for Carens) I hesitantly chose 1.4T just because 1.5 only comes with MT.
Also unpopular opinion I even like how XL6 looks, better than Carens. If new Xl6 comes with revised 6 speed AT, it's a no brainer. XL6 all the way! And to be honest, I'm no fan of MS at all. But in this category and that budget XL6 for me.
I think it's an upselling technique by Kia to force Petrol Automatic buyers higher up in the price range. We would have happily picked up a Carens 1.5AT, but that combination doesn't exist. Don't want a DCT and a turbo engine for a car that will run max 5000 KM per year.
umohan98 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 11:05   #50
BHPian

Hello Friends,

Based on this thread I called Nexa JP Nagar ( Kalyani) today 14-March-2022, I had visited a few weeks before to inquire about XL6 MT Petrol, so had my Sales Advisors contact I called him and asked him what is the news /update on the 2022 facelift XL6, The answer I got was - "No update or facelift for next 2 years the same model will continue "..wow I thanked him and hung up.

Sanjeev
KA-05
Old 14th March 2022, 11:06   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by umohan98 View Post
I think it's an upselling technique by Kia to force Petrol Automatic buyers higher up in the price range. We would have happily picked up a Carens 1.5AT, but that combination doesn't exist. Don't want a DCT and a turbo engine for a car that will run max 5000 KM per year.
Agree with you. I wanted a TC with Petrol combination that doesn't exist in Carens. Next would be Diesel AT (i.e. also available only in the top variant). A Big NO for the DCT.
If Ertiga is launched with 6 speed TC and 6 airbags, I am pretty sure that even for the highest trim Zxi OR Zxi plus, it will still save a lot of money as compared to Carens.

Waiting for the finalized details of the new Ertiga eagerly.
achintatri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 11:41   #52
Senior - BHPian

Maruti has to withdraw XL6, and introduce XL-X in which they can have both 6 and 7-seater versions. It doesn't make much sense to introduce XL-6 with 7 seats, or the same car in 2 names (XL6 and XL7) based on seating capacity only.

A super-compact sub-4m Triber-competitor 7 seater is another need of the hour from Maruti for easier city commutes and for tight parking slots. The old Ertiga was 4270mm in length, while the new one grew by 120mm.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 14th March 2022 at 12:09.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 18:58   #53
BHPian

As per TOI news, the launch of both Ertiga and XL6 facelifts will happen in April.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/90202777.cms
Knightrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 22:45   #54

SO... i had booked XL6 Alpha AT in the first week of Feb, with the delivery date as March 30th. Today I had called up the dealership to understand the progress on the delivery, he informed me that there will be a 30-day delay on the previous committed date. (Delivery now estimated to be April 30th). He said the reason for the delay is due to the chip shortage and the 'war impacts'.

Also, when I enquired about the new variant, the sales guy said 'No official update from received from Maruti yet, but they have received that newer booking of XL6 to have a new waiting period of 10-12 weeks (previously it was 4 - 6weeks), makes me believe that a new facelift variant is being launched very soon. And my existing to get auto-updated to the new variant if the launch happens soon."

I hope I get the XL6 by the first week of May at the latest. irrespective if it's old or new. :P New is obviously preferred for the 6 speed AT if rumors are to be believed.
fj_victor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 13:16   #55

Assuming it is coming from TOI, we can rely upon it to an extent. Eagerly waiting for update confirmation as local Maruti dealer is denying there will be any update in near term
Old 20th March 2022, 07:47   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjeev V S View Post
Hello Friends,

Based on this thread I called Nexa JP Nagar ( Kalyani) today 14-March-2022, I had visited a few weeks before to inquire about XL6 MT Petrol, so had my Sales Advisors contact I called him and asked him what is the news /update on the 2022 facelift XL6, The answer I got was - "No update or facelift for next 2 years the same model will continue "..wow I thanked him and hung up.

Sanjeev
KA-05
Don't go by their word. I am not sure if they do it knowingly or if they are genuinely unaware. I went to a Maruti Arena showroom couple of weeks back for a test drive of Brezza automatic and asked the sales guy about the upcoming facelift. He plainly refused saying there is no such plan. He just wanted to sell me a white, silver or grey manual Brezza. When I asked him about blue or red, he seemed perplexed that why would anyone want those colors. At first, he refused blue even exists. When I showed him on the maruti website, he said its high maintenance color that no one opts for and that he has never seen any till date. Probably, these sales guys are trained to sell what they have and not tell about future variants so no one puts a hold on their purchase plans.
Time_Machine is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th March 2022, 18:18   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time_Machine View Post
Probably, these sales guys are trained to sell what they have and not tell about future variants so no one puts a hold on their purchase plans.
I think the same. They are selling what they have in stock. If he is not offering you any other color it means that he is not getting stock. He also can guess something is changing in the car but cannot commit or confirm. This is another signal that the updates are around. If the Baleno launch is anything to go by, Marutis strategy is to launch and deliver on same day, so production could have begun and shipments are due. My contact at Nexa has taken a booking for XL6 Automatic while letting me know he does not know when he can deliver the car.
kmadhok is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2022, 17:03   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmadhok View Post
I think the same. They are selling what they have in stock. If he is not offering you any other color it means that he is not getting stock. He also can guess something is changing in the car but cannot commit or confirm. This is another signal that the updates are around. If the Baleno launch is anything to go by, Marutis strategy is to launch and deliver on same day, so production could have begun and shipments are due. My contact at Nexa has taken a booking for XL6 Automatic while letting me know he does not know when he can deliver the car.
I was about to book the car but read that the update is on the way, so talked to a friend who works at NEXA, she said they have already started conducting sales trainings for new XL6.
I got a call from another showroom where I was supposed to book the car,
here is how it went,

Nexa Exec: Sir you were going to book XL6, when can we expect you at showroom?
Me: I will be waiting for the facelift.
NE: (In extremely innocent voice) "Nahi sir, facelift ka to koi update nai hai"
Me: Ma'am mujhe to pata chala showroom walo ke sales training start hochuke hai.
NE: Nai sir mai to showroom se hi baat kar rahi hu, yaha to kuch nai ho raha hai aisa.
Me: Okay, still I will wait for facelift.

So it seems, they just want to clear the stock before the facelift news go out.
BikerKeeda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2022, 19:54   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerKeeda View Post
I was about to book the car but read that the update is on the way, so talked to a friend who works at NEXA, she said they have already started conducting sales trainings for new XL6.
Does she have any insights on how long to the launch given training has started?
With my contact in NEXA I made it evidently clear when I booked that I am not looking for the current generation. He was ok to take the booking and 'prioritize' when the new launch happens, though he was totally uncommitted on the launch. Only said, there are rumours online, but I cannot confirm.

OFF TOPIC: To me this is almost like golden age of car sales. Cars are selling themselves in any price bracket. Baleno, Carens, XUV7OO. Wonder if they need to train sales people.
kmadhok is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2022, 20:24   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Does she have any insights on how long to the launch given training has started?
Sure, even I am waiting for the same info, will update here once I have promising figures

Quote:
With my contact in NEXA I made it evidently clear when I booked that I am not looking for the current generation. He was ok to take the booking and 'prioritize' when the new launch happens, though he was totally uncommitted on the launch. Only said, there are rumours online, but I cannot confirm.
I think best to confirm or wait for the pre booking notification. My friend told me to wait for the same if I want to go for the new one.

You need to be careful while dealing with Sales people especially during March end. (Have been in sales so I know what all they can promise just to get the booking to increase their incentives :P)

Quote:
OFF TOPIC: To me this is almost like golden age of car sales. Cars are selling themselves in any price bracket. Baleno, Carens, XUV7OO. Wonder if they need to train sales people.
Absolutely, with easy access to internet and forums like Team BHP the consumers now a days know more than those sales reps is what I have seen on multiple occasions. It is high time companies accept the fact that the Consumers are knowledgeable now.
BikerKeeda is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks