Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2022, 11:06   #211
BHPian

Mod Note : Trimmed quoted post.

Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKMADDY17 View Post
This is turning out to be true as of now, lets wait and watch for an official launch. Days are near when XL6 Alpha+ will be star product from MSIL.
Yes, I believe that my source is legitimate

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
As a current owner of XL6 AT Alpha, I'm fine with the variants. Just disappointed with only 4 airbags on the top trim as well. It should have been 6. Hope they give a surprise.
I'm 99% sure that there will be only 4 airbags (same as ertiga). Don't get your hopes up too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fj_victor View Post
I spoke to my Relationship Manager with regards to my booking for XL6 Alpha AT. Booking Date: 1st Feb 2022, I had specifically asked for a later delivery date and discussed the possibility of a new variant at the time of booking and hence, as per my sales rep, "I am the first priority of the new variant, which maybe available as early as April 30t". The keyword here is "maybe".

Also, I keep checking up on as there is new information and validate any of the rumors. So far he has been able to confirm me with the following:
I think that your SA has not attended training yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by achintatri View Post
Is MSIL ready to provide both ventilated seats and seat airbags in the same version of XL6? I doubt.

The additional 2 airbags might also come as the second row seat airbags considering its a captain seat variant.

Till now all the teasers that have been released are all based on the features that have already been revealed in Ertiga 2022.

The only hope now is the last moment surprises if any for the new XL6.

I am counting (along with many fellow bhpians here) on the new XL6 against my booking for Carens DCT that I already have too many doubts about.

I had cancelled the Carens Diesel AT booking as it crossed 20-21L OTR here in Pune.

However I have already made up my mind to go for the new XL6 even with 4 airbags, 6AT would be a treat to drive I know.
Same! I will be going for the 6AT as well. At this price point, there isn't anything else, really :(

Quote:
Got the below Inputs from my SA:

4 airbags in total just like Ertiga.
Matches with what my SA said as well.

Last edited by Sheel : 18th April 2022 at 12:04. Reason: MOD NOTE ATTACHED.
ashwin1397 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 11:31   #212
Senior - BHPian

re: Rumour: Maruti Ertiga & XL6 to gain new features. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 11.29 lakh

I think its about time we edited the title of this thread to replace the "6" airbags with 4 airbags, lest the casual reader be confused.
fhdowntheline is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 11:32   #213
BHPian

re: Rumour: Maruti Ertiga & XL6 to gain new features. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 11.29 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
The Ertiga AT ZXI+ is already crossing 14L on road in my city. In Bangalore it's perhaps near 16L. The XL6 will be at least 1.5L more expensive than Ertiga, variant to variant.

I just compared old generation XL6 Zeta with recently launched Ertiga ZXI and ZXI plus and Old gen XL6 ZETA looks more VFM (Not considering 4 AT v/s 6 AT) but (old) XL6 Zeta AT at 12.64 is almost having features like cruise control, Climate control which are only available in ZXI plus (which is having two additional airbags).

I know its bit early and no need to speculate as We don't know the prices of new XL6 yet, but positioning of Zeta would be really interesting.
Vishal.R is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 12:21   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk_kapoor View Post
One thing I am surprised to see is the ability of Maruti to keep things still hidden even from their own dealers. That's the reason why we are hearing multiple versions from different dealers. Hoping for a compelling all round upgrade to make XL6 competent in current market
With the amount of training leaks of Baleno few months back MSIL is taking every step to avoid any leaks and keep the XL6 launch hyped up. A few steps are below :
  • No mobile phone access for XL6 trainings.
  • Providing offline trainings as much as possible.
  • Creating headers/footers with batch number, trainer name, date etc to track any PPT leaks.
  • Most of the pre launch tests was done on Ertiga but not XL6.
Hope MSIL does not disappoint us rather surprises us.

Last edited by MAKMADDY17 : 18th April 2022 at 12:26.
MAKMADDY17 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 12:58   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hope MSIL does not disappoint us rather surprises us.
MSIL surprised us earlier also - with SCross 1.6, Baleno RS etc, and withdrawn later citing poor sales and profitability. Let's hope that the 6AT, 6 airbags, HUD, sunroof etc available / to be made available in cars like Baleno, Ertiga and upcoming Brezza don't face the same fate.

Let's give them some benefit of doubt that a mid-life facelift may not be able to accommodate curtain airbags if the body was not meant for that.

They already have disappointed me by giving a 102BHp engine instead of the European 115BHP version. Making all their engines "commuter" and giving nothing for the enthusiast drivers is becoming their norm. Their product planners are becoming older faster than normal, I guess. Let them bring some young bloods into their team and let them bring some powerful Turbo engines in their lineup.

They have to learn from Tata's mistake - the introduction of the tag "world's cheapest car" for Nano made the company "cheaper" as a whole and the sales plummeted. And once they stopped Nano and brought good looking designs and safer cars into their lineup, it shows in their sales numbers.

At MSIL, an image makeover is needed - introduce cars like Jimny and cars in the 12 - 20L segment, Turbo petrol and strong Hybrid engines, safer cars while keeping the price in check... All these will help their entire lineup. They have cars with their basics "righter" than any other manufacturer. But they need to push a bit more.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 18th April 2022 at 13:20.
romeomidhun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 13:01   #216
Distinguished - BHPian

2022 Maruti Suzuki XL6 will receive a revised front grille with minor reprofiling to the bumpers.

Name:  20220418114418_Updated Maruti Suzuki XL6.jpg
Views: 1084
Size:  28.4 KB

Name:  SmartSelect_20220418130320_Twitter.gif
Views: 1465
Size:  2.27 MB

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 18th April 2022 at 13:04.
Venkatesh is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 13:38   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
They already have disappointed me by giving a 102BHp engine instead of the European 115BHP version. Making all their engines "commuter" and giving nothing for the enthusiast drivers is becoming their norm. Their product planners are becoming older faster than normal, I guess. Let them bring some young bloods into their team and let them bring some powerful Turbo engines in their lineup.
I am totally in the same shoes of your disappointment towards the engine specifications. MSIL does not have anything for enthusiast drivers at present. "Jimny will also disappoint on the engine specification in the future"

And about young bloods, there has been many hiring in MSIL in the recent 2 years who are relatively on average age below 40 years, but most of them are from hospitality and FMCG segment.

"Vision is there at the factory but it gets compromised by the sales/dispatch/marketing management who have experience of other sectors. The sales number game wins over the engine specifications and features"
MAKMADDY17 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 14:14   #218
BHPian

Quote:
I am totally in the same shoes of your disappointment towards the engine specifications. MSIL does not have anything for enthusiast drivers at present. "Jimny will also disappoint on the engine specification in the future"

And about young bloods, there has been many hiring in MSIL in the recent 2 years who are relatively on average age below 40 years, but most of them are from hospitality and FMCG segment.

"Vision is there at the factory but it gets compromised by the sales/dispatch/marketing management who have experience of other sectors. The sales number game wins over the engine specifications and features"
Wouldn't it be better to check Power/Weight ratio of both Kia Carens NA Petrol and New XL6 Petrol engines and then guess how it would be to drive. AFAIK, there are many videos on the current XL6 where drivers/users are happy driving the same without complaining of any lack of Power including that on uphill and the new XL6 has an updated Engine (might be for better fuel economy which in fact is good considering where the fuel prices are heading). MSIL engines are always fun to drive starting from the Maruti 600 and it's only in the early AMT versions (especially Diesel) that they killed that factor.

For fun factor, they are supplementing it with Paddle Shifters (which in my opinion again should be limited to hatchbacks, sedans, sports cars and the money/value thus left should be diverted more towards safety).

With XL6, MSIL is trying to kill multiple birds (Read all fuel and engine variants of Carens) with one arrow and they might be successful to some extent as well, considering the response we have started gathering on this forum.

I am 99% sure, I would cancel my current Carens DCT Prestige Plus booking on April 21 (XL6 launch date) since even the top model (Alpha or Alpha plus) would be at least 1-1.5 lakhs cheaper than the Carens DCT Prestige plus here in Pune. The 1% is only reserved when I see the new XL6 in Person.

I don't think 6/7 seaters., unless they are made bulletproof in terms of safety, should be made for the enthusiastic drivers. They should have enough power to convert the driving into a pleasant family drive experience for which they are intended for.

I would definitely not like to drive enthusiastically when my parents & kids are in the car travelling with me.

In fact Kia Carens 1.4 DCT looks way too enthusiastic (no offense to current/future owners) and sometimes during the TDs I felt that this car is very easy to go out of control considering the power surge it offers.

These cars are definitely not in the league of Mercs/BMWs or Endeavors and Fortuners for that reason where the car is made to drive in any kind of condition with any kind of driving mood.

I have full faith on MSIL for bringing up a top notch product in the form of new XL6 on April 21st. Fingers Crossed
achintatri is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 16:06   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Wouldn't it be better to check Power/Weight ratio of both Kia Carens NA Petrol and New XL6 Petrol engines and then guess how it would be to drive. AFAIK, there are many videos on the current XL6 where drivers/users are happy driving the same without complaining of any lack of Power including that on uphill and the new XL6 has an updated Engine (might be for better fuel economy which in fact is good considering where the fuel prices are heading). MSIL engines are always fun to drive starting from the Maruti 600 and it's only in the early AMT versions (especially Diesel) that they killed that factor.

For fun factor, they are supplementing it with Paddle Shifters (which in my opinion again should be limited to hatchbacks, sedans, sports cars and the money/value thus left should be diverted more towards safety).

With XL6, MSIL is trying to kill multiple birds (Read all fuel and engine variants of Carens) with one arrow and they might be successful to some extent as well, considering the response we have started gathering on this forum.

I am 99% sure, I would cancel my current Carens DCT Prestige Plus booking on April 21 (XL6 launch date) since even the top model (Alpha or Alpha plus) would be at least 1-1.5 lakhs cheaper than the Carens DCT Prestige plus here in Pune. The 1% is only reserved when I see the new XL6 in Person.

I don't think 6/7 seaters., unless they are made bulletproof in terms of safety, should be made for the enthusiastic drivers. They should have enough power to convert the driving into a pleasant family drive experience for which they are intended for.

I would definitely not like to drive enthusiastically when my parents & kids are in the car travelling with me.

In fact Kia Carens 1.4 DCT looks way too enthusiastic (no offense to current/future owners) and sometimes during the TDs I felt that this car is very easy to go out of control considering the power surge it offers.

These cars are definitely not in the league of Mercs/BMWs or Endeavors and Fortuners for that reason where the car is made to drive in any kind of condition with any kind of driving mood.

I have full faith on MSIL for bringing up a top notch product in the form of new XL6 on April 21st. Fingers Crossed
BTW, found out that the Gross Vehicle weight for both Carens 1.5 NA and current XL6 alpha AT is 1740 kg and that makes the current or even new XL6 with same power more lethargic than than Carens 1.5 NA petrol considering Carens is offering 12 bhp more power than even the new XL6.

No idea what magic MSIL is going to do with the new XL6 to knock out the competition
Old 18th April 2022, 16:50   #220
BHPian

More Scoop attached.2022 Maruti Ertiga & XL6, now launched-img20220418wa0004.jpg
achintatri is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 17:15   #221
BHPian

Quote:
More Scoop attached.Attachment 2297824
Looks like created by someone other than Maruti. Look at the spelling of "Shark Fine Antenna"
msk_kapoor is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 17:26   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like created by someone other than Maruti. Look at the spelling of "Shark Fine Antenna"
The photo does not have a "Shark Fine Antenna" as well
ashwin1397 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 17:41   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Received from my Nexa SA, Mahalaxmi Nexa, Magarpatta City, Pune.
achintatri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 18:28   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Received from my Nexa SA, Mahalaxmi Nexa, Magarpatta City, Pune.
It should be an initial draft I think. Car looks good in this picture. If the price is also good, my carens booking for Diesel AT will be cancelled and my pre-booking on XL6 will be converted
Old 18th April 2022, 18:35   #225
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki's All - New XL6 Media Drive in Bengaluru:

Name:  1.JPG
Views: 1052
Size:  37.1 KB

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 18th April 2022 at 18:38.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks