Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What price do you expect?
15 to 21 lacs 191 20.34%
16 to 22 lacs 168 17.89%
17 to 23 lacs 177 18.85%
18 to 24 lacs 184 19.60%
19 to 25 lacs 219 23.32%
Voters: 939. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2021, 18:46   #1546
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700, now launched at 11.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Bear View Post
Correction in chart: 155PS Diesel engine has 360Nm Torque.

I was in market to buy XUV5OO few months back as they were providing almost 2 lakh discount on existing models. Somehow my instinct asked me to wait and I did. Voila, it was for XUV7OO I suppose.
I am eagerly looking for MX Diesel AT and AX3 Diesel AT on road price in Bangalore. I am ok with 155PS engine and that should be more than enough for my city and highway trips. I also believe MX diesel AT might be highest selling model too for VFM tag.
GRAND23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 19:37   #1547
BHPian

At only 12 lakhs ex showroom, the petrol MX model gives a more powerful engine than the likes of Octavia, Superb, BMW 320d, 520d, and so many more expensive cars. The creta and seltos 1.4 and the kushaq and taigun 1.5 are also priced more than this and offer a significantly less powered engine. If XUV remains free of niggles, this will completely disrupt the market.
axe_deo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 19:41   #1548
BHPian

What a lovely pricing by Mahindra

Now, I feel that Creta/Seltos/Alcazar along with Safari/Harrier, Hector and Innova Crysta will be facing the heat post the price announcement.

And, this might be a worthy replacement for our Innova, which has completed 10 years recently though we might go for 5 seater variant as we don't need last row seats and not keen on Crysta as well as we got bored with Toyotas.

First, I didn't like its design and slowly, I'm loving the design though it looks like XUV5OO a bit from side.

The variant, which I'm preferring is AX5 Diesel AT variant as it has features I wanted and if they price it within the OTR of 20-21L, I'll happily prefer it over Koreans and Harrier.
Old 16th August 2021, 19:42   #1549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Bear View Post
....prices of variants from 12 lakhs to 22 Lakhs. ....as per them the list is speculative. .
If this list is authentic, the worst fears are true. AWD option for seven seater Diesel is only available in AX7 top trim at 21lakhs.

AWD should be offered as an option in manual transmission atleast.

Hope the variants listed are speculative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
ADAS technology ..... with more details of the Mahindra engagement along with a video.
The video reminds me of Terminator 2 movie with Arnold scanning the traffic with his eyes as he drives.

Just like music, camera, email and all got integrated into a smartphone. The day is not far when all the specialized Boston dynamics like walking robot, Sophia like talking robot, autonomous driving robot functions will all get integrated into one do it all robot.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 16th August 2021 at 19:52.
Old 16th August 2021, 19:49   #1550
BANNED

Good product, great price! Now Mahindra has more different problems, different challenges on their plate. Mahindra needs to be very very careful now. They have good product in hand but they have few other things to be handled.

1 XUV700 is premium car but their dealers are not. Their most of the dealers are not used to handle premium customers for sure. Most Mahindra dealership experience I had is very sad, they surely don't know how to handle upper class, sad but true.
2 Looks like they are facing huge problems for Chips and its hampering their production heavily. Most people don't like to wait long for their new cars. If waiting period is more than 1-2 months, many people will go and buy other cars.
3 Most important - This is going to cannibalize their own cars like Scorpio, XUV500 and XUV300 top end as well more than other cars.

If they can't deliver to their customers in time with good quality, it may create negative sentiments in market. Will be interesting to see how Mahindra handle this situation.

As a Indian car manufacturer I want them to succeed. Hope they have their plans ready. All the best Mahindra !!!
aniketi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 19:53   #1551
Senior - BHPian

When I first heard about the 'plastic tail gate', I was surprised but after learning more about the merits, de-merits and how it is already a common practice on some cars (including premium cars), it is no more a concern for me and in fact I am happy that Mahindra is going extra step to be in tune with the trends.
Guna is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 19:53   #1552
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Someone here mentioned that a dealer informed that the XUV500 will be now offered with unbelievable discounts and considering the chip shortage, I believe Mahindra dealers will try to clear out existing XUV500 stock first.

Can we expect a sub 12L on-road price for the discounted XUV500 top end? If so, it would be great for me as a daily user and we can postpone the plan of getting a 30-35L car till the funds are in better order and some of the priorities are taken care of.

Last edited by Lowflyer23 : 16th August 2021 at 19:54.
Lowflyer23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 19:58   #1553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowflyer23 View Post
Someone here mentioned that a dealer informed that the XUV500 will be now offered with unbelievable discounts and considering the chip shortage, I believe Mahindra dealers will try to clear out existing XUV500 stock first.

Can we expect a sub 12L on-road price for the discounted XUV500 top end? If so, it would be great for me as a daily user and we can postpone the plan of getting a 30-35L car till the funds are in better order and some of the priorities are taken care of.
I enquired today and was told that I have option of only a white W11 Automatic for 21 lakhs OTR. Am pretty sure that we can negotiate the price down further.
Avinash_R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 19:59   #1554
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash_R View Post
I enquired today and was told that I have option of only a white W11 Automatic for 21 lakhs OTR. Am pretty sure that we can negotiate the price down further.
For that much I'll instead get the XUV700 .

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
1 XUV700 is premium car but their dealers are not. Their most of the dealers are not used to handle premium customers for sure. Most Mahindra dealership experience I had is very sad, they surely don't know how to handle upper class, sad but true.
But we are living in 2021 mate. It's sad to see this mentality of classifying someone's social status (more weird is using the words "upper class") on the basis of cars they buy. I know of a lot of businessmen who could easily change 5-6 S-classes yearly yet they choose to ride in a humble Ciaz or Crysta (base models). That doesn't mean they would be specified as a lower class (heck, no one should be ).

Last edited by Lowflyer23 : 16th August 2021 at 20:06.
Lowflyer23 is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 20:03   #1555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAND23 View Post
Correction in chart: 155PS Diesel engine has 360Nm Torque.

I was in market to buy XUV5OO few months back as they were providing almost 2 lakh discount on existing models. Somehow my instinct asked me to wait and I did. Voila, it was for XUV7OO I suppose.
I am eagerly looking for MX Diesel AT and AX3 Diesel AT on road price in Bangalore. I am ok with 155PS engine and that should be more than enough for my city and highway trips. I also believe MX diesel AT might be highest selling model too for VFM tag.
Yes, I too am perfectly okay with the 155 BHP engine but the sad part is that it's not being offered with the AX range. And it's the AX range where you start getting the features. The dual 10.25 units begin at AX3 but, more importantly, the additional airbags at AX5.

As often is the case with nearly all manufacturers, the variant configuration leaves you confused and disappointed. Just why they couldn't have offered the 155 BHP engine in the AX trims is inexplicable. Or maybe have a better loaded MX option.

Guess Mahindra's game is to suck in the sub 4m CSUV target market and the audience looking at the Korean and VAG twins base models with the MX. And cover the Harrier, Hector, Compass etc. and the Korean and VAG top end with AX7 and the AWD, AT and optional packages.

Last edited by RPM1706 : 16th August 2021 at 20:08.
RPM1706 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 20:11   #1556
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM1706 View Post
Yes, I too am perfectly okay with the 155 BHP engine but the sad part is that it's not being offered with the AX range. And it's the AX range where you start getting the features. The dual 10.25 units begin at AX3 but, more importantly, the additional airbags at AX5.

As often is the case with nearly all manufacturers, the variant configuration leaves you confused and disappointed. Just why they couldn't have offered the 155 BHP engine in the AX trims is inexplicable. Or maybe have a better loaded MX option.
Wouldn't it be to not completely cannibalize their other cars that use the same/similar engine?
Old 16th August 2021, 20:16   #1557
BHPian

Quote:
For that much I'll instead get the XUV700 .

But we are living in 2021 mate. It's sad to see this mentality of classifying someone's social status (more weird is using the words "upper class") on the basis of cars they buy. I know of a lot of businessmen who could easily change 5-6 S-classes yearly yet they choose to ride in a humble Ciaz or Crysta (base models). That doesn't mean they would be specified as a lower class (heck, no one should be ).
+100 what kind of sick feudal mentality is this. How can you judge the "class" of a human being by the car he/she has. A customer whether he/she buys a humble Alto or a S-class deserves the same respect and curtsey.
JediKnight is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 20:22   #1558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I know of a lot of businessmen who could easily change 5-6 S-classes yearly yet they choose to ride in a humble Ciaz or Crysta (base models). That doesn't mean they would be specified as a lower class (heck, no one should be ).
For that matter, even the folks with low affordability should be referred as 'lower income group' and the folks with higher affordability as 'higher income group'.
Guna is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 20:24   #1559

I was dormant for last one year. Plenty of things happening around and could not even login to my account. And I see yesterday's prices and voila; I am back to team-bhp. Man, I missed team-bhp for past 1 year. "Mahindra" does create a buzz.. either way.

Mahindra, this is not fair. I have been planning to upgrade by XUV500 with another SUV with ADAS, best in power, good interiors with AWD. You have now launched XUV 700 and priced it say below or on par with XUV500.

Now if I want to buy XUV700 will it be really an upgrade or otherwise. How do I convince my family that I am buying a better car which is priced like this. Any thoughts? And how do I sell my old XUV500 :(

Absolutely nailed it. I never liked Indian manufacturers logo (esp. Mahindra and Tata) and this logo is a great step forward. Like it or not, it is a positive step from Mahindra on every possible feedback they might have received. And it shows.
Tilak_7k_1979 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 20:32   #1560
BHPian

Xuv 700 reminds me of Honda Crv,
1.Good looks.
2.Powerful and refined Engines & Gearboxes (Hopefully)
3.Good ride and handling (again hopefull)
4. All wheel drive (optional)
5. All basic and good to have features covered.
6. Decent built quality and use of materials.
7. Absolutely killer price tag. If this does'nt work god knows what works?

Hopeful that this vehicle is niggle free from day one. Best wishes to Mahindra. It looks like they have put their heart and soul in this vehicle.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks