Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What price do you expect?
15 to 21 lacs 191 20.34%
16 to 22 lacs 168 17.89%
17 to 23 lacs 177 18.85%
18 to 24 lacs 184 19.60%
19 to 25 lacs 219 23.32%
Voters: 939. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2021, 14:53   #1516
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700, now launched at 11.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I have been in a big dilemma of diesel vs. petrol. I prefer petrol but I was concerned about the probable low FE figure. But now looking at the torque curve and the comparison with Thar, FE may be similar to Thar or even better. Looks like this car doesn't need to be revved hard to get going.
I'm in the same dilemma. Petrol pricing is perfect but I'm not sure if the 185 tuned Diesel would be priced competitively or not ,because if they wanted to price it like that then they would have shown the prices of Diesel on 14 itself.
I hope the price gap between petrol and diesel is 1 lakh only.
911CarerraS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 15:02   #1517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
Heck, what's life without a gamble. I have taken it. Paid booking amount as of now Rs.51000\- for the top end model (Diesel AX7 AWD AT). It's refundable. Let's see how it pans out.

Till now I had zero niggles with my XUV500 W8 2012 year model( that was top end during that time, then came plethora of W10, W11 ....). So frankly speaking it is not a gamble as such. Finger crossed.

Seems booking started before launch itself, and now today morning there has been numerous bookings.
Did you book it at a dealer? I'm trying to book it online, but not able to since the model doesn't show up in available models?
Old 16th August 2021, 15:03   #1518
BHPian

I share the near unanimous elation expressed in this forum regarding the pricing. However, given Mahindra's propensity for misdirection (scooter mileage fiasco and affiliated people's forum posting) and greed (Marazzo, XUV300, Alturas etc.), I am apprehensive about the pricing of AX5 and AX7 diesel AT variants. I hope, they price it well so that the Korean delinquents get a shock, but I have been nurturing this hope for so long that it has now withered into disappointment.
ashlil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 15:15   #1519
BHPian

Let me join in the chorus by saying Great Pricing. Looking forward to full price reveal before deciding my variant of choice.

I would like the experts to pitch-in on the Suspension component of the XUV7oo.
It seems they have given All wheel independent suspension, which I believe is a rarity on this side of 20 Lack price bracket and would help in better ride quality.

Also, they have mentioned Frequency Selective Damper. I am not really sure what that means or how that improves the comfort and handling. Is it the same thing that was installed on Hexa?
Old 16th August 2021, 15:28   #1520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmmachine View Post
Tata Will laugh at this. I have seen recently the video where Maruti banged the standstill tata and there was minimal damage to tata. But Maruti was shattered into pieces.
Youtube crash videos seem to be really misleading people about this. Crumple zones are the reason why the car which is behind shows damage and the one in front does not. A car which shows visible deformation is actually one in which you will be safer rather than one which looks intact.
batladanny is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 15:36   #1521
Senior - BHPian

This launch raises more questions than answers for me. Just compared prices on a comparison site and the lowest priced petrol Thar costs more than the lowest priced petrol XUV700. Between two cars that share the same engine, are built by the same manufacturer, I wonder why is the one utilizing more metal, having more features and being a flagship product, priced cheaper? I think these are deep discounted introductory prices, being used to disorient the market, or these variants will be axed very soon. But, I think M&M has done what it needed (perhaps wanted) to do. It has occupied the buyers mindspace, and not only that, but in doing so, has also dislodged the competition. And, financially, it will be sitting on huge amounts of bookings - all interest free cash, with no real obligations.

PS: I am reminded here that Anish Shah, appointed as the CEO of Mahindra Group in April of this year, was previously the CFO of the company.

Last edited by rrsteer : 16th August 2021 at 15:42.
rrsteer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 15:56   #1522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
Did you book it at a dealer? I'm trying to book it online, but not able to since the model doesn't show up in available models?
Please refer to the post below. I have already answered it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
I transferred the amount to dealer's account. It is not official booking per se.
Vasuki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 16:18   #1523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwartz View Post
However, in my sense the XUV7oo widens the TAM at top.

They have a winner here, but may be not a blockbuster at launch.
Ever so often, as a analyst you end up with egg on your face.

With XUV700, I was just focussed on how the car can enhance the TAM for M&M. The entry level pricing completely blind sided yours truly and most of the street. I guess from M&M perspective they were/ are more concerned about their market position in the largest chunk of the market rather than just expanding TAM in a small niche (actually they might still to do that as well).

What M&M is attempting with XUV7oo is extremely bold. They want the product to straddle price points from 12 to 24 lakh. While a week back , this experiment would have been difficult to imagine, now I find it tough to see how they will fail in their attempt. At each price point XUV700 will probably be among the better options available.

Of course, a lot of things still can go wrong. Firstly, pricing for only a small part of the portfolio has been revealed; secondly, we need to see if the product quality stands the test of time; finally, we don’t know if they make money at these prices and if yes how much. Given the background, and M&M’s track record, one can reasonably expect not to be disappointed much on each of the fronts.

We live in interesting times.
Old 16th August 2021, 16:27   #1524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
TAnd, financially, it will be sitting on huge amounts of bookings - all interest free cash, with no real obligations.

PS: I am reminded here that Anish Shah, appointed as the CEO of Mahindra Group in April of this year, was previously the CFO of the company.

Bro,

In my honest opinion, Mahindra is not a finance / leasing company that aims to run their shop just by acquiring booking amounts. It never makes business sense and enterprises do not run like that. This is a company sitting on mountain of cash reserves and few hundred crores isn't going to sail this company through. They can source funds at much cheaper interest rates, that interest gained on these booking amounts will be loose change for them. This is just the way Mahindra wanted to disrupt the market and show many of their competitors that the 'big daddy of SUVs' can always shut the door on their faces. And, what a way to hit the ball out of park, Mr. Mahindra. Hat's off to you. I am sure that their competitors would already be having brain-storming meeting, for discussing their long-term strategies, post this mega announcement from Mahindra.

As some other BHPian had rightly mentioned in this thread that when Korean / German / Japanese companies overprice their vehicles, no one doubts about their intent, but just crib about the high prices. This Indian company has priced it's product just about right, disrupting the market not just in its segment, but also in a segment or two above and below. The aspiration of, us Indians, owning a 'badi gaadi waali' feeling always drives many of us to increase the budget as per everyone's pocket.

Though, I guess that the all other model's price reveals would be based on the social media feedback about it's current pricing strategy. Mind you, apart from Zac Holis, only Anand Mahindra is so active in social media from the auto-industry. I am sure he will have few rabbits to pull out of his hat!!!

Till then, holding my breath to know about the full line up with their prices.
K.grg is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 16:36   #1525

While keeping many features optional has reduced the price, the only problem I feel in having so many optional packs will be handling orders. Customer would want a slightly different combination of packs and the respective car would have to be built to order which will increase the waiting period.
Old 16th August 2021, 16:50   #1526
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911CarerraS View Post
I'm in the same dilemma. Petrol pricing is perfect but I'm not sure if the 185 tuned Diesel would be priced competitively or not ,because if they wanted to price it like that then they would have shown the prices of Diesel on 14 itself.
I hope the price gap between petrol and diesel is 1 lakh only.
Normally the modern turbo petrols with direct injection are priced the same as their diesel counterpart.
Guna is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 17:06   #1527

Except for too much chrome in the front grill, looks decent. Made a amateur attempt in trying to reduce the chrome.
Mahindra XUV700, now launched at 11.99 lakhs-xuv700_1-1.jpg

Mahindra XUV700, now launched at 11.99 lakhs-xuv700_2-1.jpg

PS: This is my first post in this great forum. Thanks for letting me in and hope to learn from all of you.
gngdev is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 17:09   #1528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Normally the modern turbo petrols with direct injection are priced the same as their diesel counterpart.
Considering the petrol engine being 200ps mammoth gas guzzler we might only get 5-6 milleage in city but I'm not sure about diesel counterpart. What do you guys think? What would be the milleage for the diesel (manual) counterpart in the city?
911CarerraS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 17:20   #1529
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911CarerraS View Post
tWhat do you guys think? What would be the milleage for the diesel (manual) counterpart in the city?
Optimistically 10-12 kmpl in the city and 13-16 kmpl on the highway.
Old 16th August 2021, 17:29   #1530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Can't help but point out this: 3 row airbags for the 5 seater version?
I too noticed that, but assumed that they used the same airbag module in both versions. It is in my opinion great, as you can buy the 5 seater version initially and add the third row of seats later if the need arises. Which points to the fact that other features and holes to screw in the seats must be common across all variants.

I feel the best way to go forward is build your own car through the website, select colour, seat version, engine all optional packs though the website and generate a unique id.
Either take the id to the nearby dealer and make the payment or make the payment online.

For example, I feel that ventilated seats are needed rather than the welcome push back feature, then it would give me an option to customize and pay for what i need.

This will also help the company understand the customers priority.

Anyways the wait times are going to be so high that the car is going to be manufactured only after the order is taken, so better why not customize it as per the needs? In todays world all manufacturing is modular so I don't see many challenges in this. Thar has started this last year in a small way, so why not extend it more. If possible elsewhere in the world why not here?

Even the optional packs are great in that regard helps people pick and choose what they need, a step in the right direction.

Last edited by pandabear : 16th August 2021 at 17:31.
pandabear is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks