Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What price do you expect?
15 to 21 lacs 191 20.34%
16 to 22 lacs 168 17.89%
17 to 23 lacs 177 18.85%
18 to 24 lacs 184 19.60%
19 to 25 lacs 219 23.32%
Voters: 939. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2021, 14:21   #346
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV700, now launched at 11.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakumar View Post
Mahindra is not too far behind in terms of reliability.
If that was the case, there is no reason to buy Innova, is there? With that price, boxy look, taxi image and skimpy features people would opt for literally any other car in that range as long as it offers decent space and engine. But the fact is no one managed to dethrone Innova or Fortuner is plainly because of the reliability and after-sales. They are not great cars, just good cars with great manufacturer support. Same logic for Maruti. Walk into a Toyota service centre after experiencing TATA, Mahindra and even Ford, you will see the difference. A quick look on TATA/Mahindra niggles thread and Toyota niggles thread will tell you that some manufacturers have a long way to go in terms of reliability and after-sales. I couldn't even consider Mahindra models during my purchase as everyone I knew asked me to stay away from it including the taxi company who provide fleet to my organization and this company updated all their pre-2015 Innovas with facelift model without even bothering about price. I only went with Toyota this time not because I was super impressed with the car but I was very impressed with the ownership experiences.

Quote:
I don't think customers will "blindly" go for Toyota.
Ofcourse they don't, otherwise Yaris wouldn't have flopped like that. And there is no guarantee Innova and Fortuner will always lead the chart if Toyota India doesn't keep up with the competition and their promise of fuss free ownership.

Quote:
Also, not all manufacturers look for a volume game. So "beating the competitor" by market share might not be their indicator at all.
Unless Mahindra screws up on pricing big time, I don't see why XUV700 will not be a runway success like Thar plus there are many attractive financial schemes today (atleast better than before). But then people also had very high hopes with Harrier during launch, unless Mahindra repeats some of it which I don't they will, XUV should do great. All these fancy features offering whether useful in Indian conditions or not are enough to attract buyers interest. Koreans have mastered that art and even MG is catching up with it.
Technic90 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 16:10   #347
BHPian

Apparently, the launch date of XUV 700 in 2021 itself might have been hastened by the launch of Alcazar. While this is purely speculated from the replies of Mahindra CS on FB I think Mahindra is not willing to bet anymore on milking customer anticipation to the point where it starts losing steam and $$ simultaneously.

Mahindra XUV700, now launched at 11.99 lakhs-xuv-700.jpg
Old 2nd July 2021, 17:04   #348
BHPian

Quarter 2 of FY22 is July-Sept 2021. FY22 is April 21 to Mar 22. So nothing has changed, as the reports always said it would be Q2 of FY22, which is in 2021 calendar year
sanchari is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 19:33   #349
Senior - BHPian

Hello bhpians.

Here is another round of exclusive information on the XUV700

1. The LED headlamps of the XUV supposedly have 3 bulbs. One for low beam, one for high beam and another for the booster function. So this 3rd bulb switches on when the vehicle crosses 80 kmph. Also according to my sources the high beam throw of the XUV is supposed to be both blinding as well as class leading.

2. Mahindra is yet to decide whether to give this 3 bulb setup on all variants of the XUV or to have them exclusively on the top end variants.

3. According to my sources the panoramic sunroof is said to be the biggest on any sub 5m passenger vehicle in the world and Mahindra is in the process of applying for a patent for the same. That is also the reason that Mahindra has coined a separate term for the sunroof "Skyroof"

4. The report in Autocar India about the 200 bhp petrol engine is likely to be true as Mahindra is likely to launch this tune on the XUV petrol. But since this is the highest possible tune on the mStallion engine, Mahindra may play it safe and launch the XUV with a 180 bhp tune. This will also be beneficial for the fuel economy. It is also likely that top variants will get the 200 bhp tune while the lower variants will get the 180 bhp tune. There could also be different tunes available for automatic and manual transmission options.

5. As of now the SOP of the XUV is scheduled for 22nd July. But everything now depends upon the upcoming 3rd wave of the Corona virus and how it affects the automobile industry.
ram87pune is offline   (44) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 19:53   #350
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Here is another round of exclusive information on the XUV700
Quote:
Also according to my sources the high beam throw of the XUV is supposed to be both blinding as well as class leading.
So basically Mahindra is planning to blind other road users with class leading headlights just like 2nd Gen Fortuners do on the road whenever they switch to high beams! Better keep a manual switch for on/off for the booster function or increase the speed of the activation of the booster lights to 100kmph! With 180bhp and 200bhp, you will reach 80kmph in no time!

Quote:
It is also likely that top variants will get the 200 bhp tune while the lower variants will get the 180 bhp tune. There could also be different tunes available for automatic and manual transmission options
IMO, I don’t think lower tune should be used for the lower variants! Better make it standard if you are offering it, lower variant owners will feel shortchanged. It will make the lower variant owners feel like Harrier V1 owners and top variant owners like Harrier V2 owners!
CEF_Beasts is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 20:17   #351
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra XUV700 Personalised Safety Alerts feature teased.

XUV700 let's you to configure overspeed alert in your loved one’s voice.

Mahindra XUV700, now launched at 11.99 lakhs-screenshot_20210702201811_youtube.jpg

Mahindra XUV700, now launched at 11.99 lakhs-screenshot_20210702201822_youtube.jpg

Mahindra XUV700, now launched at 11.99 lakhs-screenshot_20210702201843_youtube.jpg

Mahindra XUV700, now launched at 11.99 lakhs-screenshot_20210702201856_youtube.jpg

Mahindra XUV700, now launched at 11.99 lakhs-screenshot_20210702201907_youtube.jpg

Last edited by Venkatesh : 2nd July 2021 at 20:33.
Venkatesh is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 20:32   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
I am certain XUV700 top-end’s ex-showroom price won’t breach the 25Lakh mark because that will mean it is more expensive than even the Innova Crysta.
I am not sure if a top of the line XUV700 packed with features (ADAS, pano sunroof, merc-like digital cockpit, AWD, memory seats......) and performance to match be benchmarked against Innova Crysta. Agree that Innova may be reliable and fuss free to own but there are buyers who want to look beyond reliability/resale value and willing to pay for it.
Guna is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 20:39   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
5. As of now the SOP of the XUV is scheduled for 22nd July. But everything now depends upon the upcoming 3rd wave of the Corona virus and how it affects the automobile industry.
Any information regarding the 3rd row, if the 3rd row is usable(by adults) and more spacious than XUV500, or it's same as XUV500?
Somewhere I have heard that 15 August is the Launching Date, any update on this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic90 View Post
Unless Mahindra screws up on pricing big time, I don't see why XUV700 will not be a runway success like Thar
I do agree with you. If priced aggressively, we can see a long waiting period, same as Thar.
Mahindra will have another success story if it is launched on the 15th of August with "MADE IN INDIA-MADE FOR INDIA" Slogan.
They can start deliveries any time later, but it's important to Launch it on the 15th of August.
Let people have an option in the market while booking other SUVs.
I can see a lot of people waiting for more than 10 Months for THAR and the same goes for CRETA.
Somewhere, Someone posted that "It's better to wait for few months for a CAR which you will see every day in your garage".

Good Luck Mahindra.
rpmmachine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 20:40   #354
BHPian

Scary to look at it breakdown in these stages. Is that a common thing to happen on these road tests ?? If launch is around the corner aren't these (hopefully niggles) supposed to be sorted out long before ?

Have been considering this car for my next upgrade. Let's see how it goes.
Old 2nd July 2021, 20:53   #355
BHPian

With respect to the top-end pricing and concerns about overlap with the Innova, it's true a sizeable portion of the population may veer towards the Toyota. However, I feel there are two generations of people that will choose XUV over the Innova (with varying degrees).

1. The ones who had the previous gen XUV (this is an educated guess and the number would depend on own experiences)
2. The ones who are upgrading to premium SUV's (read late 20's/early 30's and older affluent Indian- pandemic notwithstanding).

For me, personally, the Innova appeals very very little. I see it as a people mover that costs an absurd amount of money for what it offers. Reliable, sure. Trusted, sure. Good resale value? Sure. Dated? Yes. Boring? Yes.

I would not mind paying Innova money for the XUV 700, given all the tech and convenience it will offer, and if the spy images are anything to go by. I am certain there are more people with this thought process.

Just my two cents.
Coyote is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 21:27   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Mahindra XUV700 Personalised Safety Alerts feature teased.

XUV700 let's you to configure overspeed alert in your loved one’s voice.
THAT'S DAMN COOL, PERIOD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by warp_10 View Post
Scary to look at it breakdown in these stages. Is that a common thing to happen on these road tests ?? If launch is around the corner aren't these (hopefully niggles) supposed to be sorted out long before ?

Have been considering this car for my next upgrade. Let's see how it goes.
Come on man, claiming it as a breakdown would be plain rubbish without even knowing the full story, maybe someone got overenthusiastic upon looking at a test car with an open bonnet . A lot of people followed blindly and I was shocked to see something which is not even verified on the homepage (no offence to the esteemed moderators).

It could have been a result of mass reporting by several members to feature this news on the homepage and it created a significant effect on others too including prospective buyers.

Eagerly waiting for this one after the slight disappointment caused by the Kushaq launch.

Last edited by aah78 : 2nd July 2021 at 22:30. Reason: Pictures removed from quote. Please do not quote large posts entirely.
Lowflyer23 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 21:49   #357
One
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Launch not too far away Mahindra XUV700 spied in almost production ready guise.
Beautiful sunroof and the window size between C-D pillars. Should give an airy feel even with average headroom.

Last edited by aah78 : 2nd July 2021 at 22:29. Reason: Pictures removed from quote. Please do not quote large posts entirely.
One is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2021, 07:28   #358
Senior - BHPian

I have a feeling Mahindra might wreak Havoc in the segment with this XUV. If they manage to price it at Safari levels it's game over for Tata twins, and will also affect the Hector twins.

Waiting eagerly !
Old 3rd July 2021, 08:22   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS_12 View Post
Not particularly convinced on the position of this intake and I hope its for the intercooler and not the air intake for the engine itself

Attachment 2173851
Methinks it was totally staged to leak a photo of the engine bay.
The position of the air intake is perfect. My Grand Vitara has something similar, though slightly offset to the side. I have never face water ingress while driving in heavy rains or doing water crossings.
Old 3rd July 2021, 13:46   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
I have a feeling Mahindra might wreak Havoc in the segment with this XUV. If they manage to price it at Safari levels it's game over for Tata twins, and will also affect the Hector twins.

Waiting eagerly !
Only if they have worked on the suspension and the NVH levels, which is not something to write home about in the current XUV5OO. The engine has always been their strength, so I am sure it will only be better.

Last edited by Aditya : 4th July 2021 at 05:14. Reason: Grammar
avimal is offline   (5) Thanks Received Infraction
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks