Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2021, 13:38   #256
BHPian

Re: VW to launch Tiguan 5-seater SUV in 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Great comparison of some very close cars. You can perhaps include the C5 in this as well(close in terms of pricing, a bit larger but diesel only).
I'm somehow just not able to digest the pricing of C5 and it probably caters to a niche segment (since they continue to increase prices) and excluded it from list (added below now). So far I've only seen 1 C5 in Bangalore apart from the ones in the showroom which I happen to pass fairly frequently.

X1 has just become expensive and now interior, though classy, look pretty dated. Bangalore attracts close to 20% road tax for this segment of vehicles, which gets on road price in excess of 50L. With global chip shortage and no/minimal year end discounts (which used to be massive for BMW), the difference is just huge.

AWD/HTRAC/4x4 is something I may not need it but if I'm getting an option, I would probably opt for it just for better traction (or sense of it). For me, I definitely need something(from the list) that can seat 3 people at rear comfortably (something my Honda City provides pretty well).

With that, for me if I have to pick one, it'll be either the Tiguan(4Motion) or upcoming Tucson (HTRAC).

VW to launch Tiguan 5-seater SUV in 2021-screenshot-20211201-1.53.39-pm.png

Last edited by neel911 : 1st December 2021 at 13:56.
Old 1st December 2021, 15:02   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manpreetsj View Post
Completely second that thought of yours. Wish they can provide that sweet design on 18 inch wheels. Frankfurt design is too bland.
Exactly my thoughts. Wish they would have provided better design on 18 inch wheels. One question here: Can we upgrade the 18 inch alloys from outside, like are there any long term concerns that we have to think of?
I am really interested in facelift Tiguan but just can't digest these alloys. I believe a better looking alloys will completely uplift the overall appearance of car.
Ashu03 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 23:56   #258
Senior - BHPian

While the Tiguan (5 seater) exterior has timeless proportions, the interiors give vibes of the Mk7 Golf which shows in its design language. A screen (no matter how good) below the ac vents unfortunately come across as belonging to the earlier generation.

How much time before an all new Tiguan inside out arrives (globally), is a looming thought when I think about taking the plunge
Old 2nd December 2021, 06:51   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI View Post
While the Tiguan (5 seater) A screen (no matter how good) below the ac vents unfortunately come across as belonging to the earlier generation.
I don't think this is true. Look at the Audi Q2. The screen is above the AC vent but the car looks last-gen, doesn't it? Whereas the Q8 has the screen below the AC vents. So does the new Land Rover Defender. I think it's about the execution of the design more than the general placement itself which defines what looks contemporary and what doesn't.
Old 2nd December 2021, 09:31   #260
BHPian

Booked a black Tiguan yesterday, primarily because of 3 reasons:
1. Compass is too compact and my knee hits the console, had no such problems in the pre face-lift Tiguan
2. The XUV 7OO delivery dates extending to December 2022 have me worried

and

3. 'Kudi kehndi baby pehlaan Tiguan le lo, phir jinna marzi pyaar le lo!!'
reppy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 09:56   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy View Post
Booked a black Tiguan yesterday, primarily because of 3 reasons:
1. Compass is too compact and my knee hits the console, had no such problems in the pre face-lift Tiguan
2. The XUV 7OO delivery dates extending to December 2022 have me worried

and

3. 'Kudi kehndi baby pehlaan Tiguan le lo, phir jinna marzi pyaar le lo!!'
Even I am planning to cancel my XUV700 booking as I booked the car on November 23rd and god knows by when I will get it, maybe 2023

I am just waiting for the launch to see the pricing and car in flesh. Will book it after that. I believe you're buying from Gurgaon. Have you booked the car at Sohna road showroom or at MG road? I found Sohna road sales executive to be much more knowledgeable on the overall launch, price expectations, fuel economy I can expect and the delivery timelines. MG road sales executive told me sir we have got the official email from VW and Tiguan will be offered with 1.5 TSI engine instead of 2.0
Old 2nd December 2021, 12:18   #262
BHPian

Launching the 1.5 TSi Tiguan would be the perfect entry. Jeep has played right into the hands of VW by increasing the prices of the Compass. This has given VW plenty of flexibility in the pricing of the Tiguan.
For like to like variants, even if VW launch the 1.5 Tiguan at a reasonable premium to the Compass, there will be plenty of takers and this would directly hit the Compass.
I for one would certainly be interested.
Old 2nd December 2021, 12:27   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd de Souza View Post
Launching the 1.5 TSi Tiguan would be the perfect entry. Jeep has played right into the hands of VW by increasing the prices of the Compass. This has given VW plenty of flexibility in the pricing of the Tiguan.
1.5L TSI will place this in T-ROC replacement zone and slight premium over T-ROC pricing, lets say 24Lakhs ex-sh will have a lot of potential to kill the segment. Many would prefer it over Taigun or Kushaq or others in segment.

2L TSI may compete with Compass 4x4 and C5 and be accordingly priced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashu03 View Post
I found Sohna road sales executive to be much more knowledgeable on the overall launch, price expectations, fuel economy I can expect and the delivery timelines.
It will be very insightful if you can share the responses received on above points! Thanks

Last edited by manpreetsj : 2nd December 2021 at 12:28. Reason: Additional information added
Old 2nd December 2021, 13:52   #264
BHPian

Quote:
I am just waiting for the launch to see the pricing and car in flesh. Will book it after that. I believe you're buying from Gurgaon. Have you booked the car at Sohna road showroom or at MG road?
MG Road. Warmer people there for sure.
reppy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 13:58   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Included in the table below. Somehow I had ruled out Jeep Compass due to rear space, boot volume but it is one of the contenders
Hi Neel, is the ground clearance (unladen) of Compass really just 178mm? Tried searching for it but I only get ground clearance of pre facelift models. That’s too low for any sort of compact SUV if it’s correct.

Last edited by Sheel : 2nd December 2021 at 21:28. Reason: Capitalization of make / manufacturer / model. Thanks.
Old 2nd December 2021, 14:46   #266
BHPian

Quote:
1.5L TSI will place this in T-ROC replacement zone and slight premium over T-ROC pricing, lets say 24Lakhs ex-sh will have a lot of potential to kill the segment. Many would prefer it over Taigun or Kushaq or others in segment.
I too wish that happens but VW is in no mood of launching the 1.5 TSI version of the Tiguan, it will be only with the 2L TSI. Would have taken the 1.5 TSI for 24L ex if was available instead of TROC as it offers more space, better put interiors and better road presence. Official snippet from VW India website:
Attached Thumbnails
VW to launch Tiguan 5-seater SUV in 2021-screenshot-20211202-2.42.54-pm.png  

Old 2nd December 2021, 15:05   #267
BHPian

Quote:

2L TSI may compete with Compass 4x4 and C5 and be accordingly priced.

It will be very insightful if you can share the responses received on above points! Thanks
Sales executive has shared the following details:
1. Fuel Economy - we can expect a mileage of 8-10 KMPL in city and around 13-14 on highway
2. Expected price - 27-28 Lakhs ex-showroom
3. Car will be available in showroom on 7th or 8th December and test drive will commence from 15th December. Deliveries will start from mid January.
4. We can pre-book the car now with token amount of Rs 25000.

Now eagerly waiting for the launch.
Ashu03 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 16:10   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Sales executive has shared the following details:
1. Fuel Economy - we can expect a mileage of 8-10 KMPL in city and around 13-14 on highway
2. Expected price - 27-28 Lakhs ex-showroom
3. Car will be available in showroom on 7th or 8th December and test drive will commence from 15th December. Deliveries will start from mid January.
4. We can pre-book the car now with token amount of Rs 25000.

Now eagerly waiting for the launch.
If those numbers are true then its a decent price. It would go right against the Jeep Compass Model (S). I would definitely pick the Tiguan over that unless the diesel engine is a must. Though anything more and the more premium looking Kodiaq comes into the picture.
Old 2nd December 2021, 17:29   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartavya View Post
If those numbers are true then its a decent price. It would go right against the Jeep Compass Model (S). I would definitely pick the Tiguan over that unless the diesel engine is a must. Though anything more and the more premium looking Kodiaq comes into the picture.
Yes, it's a decent price and I would any day consider Tiguan over Jeep Compass if I'm in market for petrol engine because of powerful and peppy 2.0 TSI engine with DSG gearbox. But, we can't be sure with VW group basis our previous experience. Fingers crossed for 7th Dec launch.
Ashu03 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 20:18   #270
AKB
BHPian

Booked one at VW Gurgaon, MG Road. Dealership said expected price is 30L OTR (doubt that though, expect it to be higher) and that 25 pre-booking have been received at their dealership alone.

Seems like Tiguan will attract fair share of people who have been and will continue to wait for their XUV700 P AX7L (including me)

Hopefully the 5-6L premium is half justified, since by the time we get XUV700 its price would have increased from ~25L OTR to atleast 27 OTR
AKB is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks