Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2021, 19:36   #241
BHPian

Re: VW to launch Tiguan 5-seater SUV in 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyutaghosh View Post
Honestly, i feel you should also consider the Hyundai Tucson diesel automatic. Even though an updated one will be due in a year, the current one is a very underrated car. Quite capable, and fits your requirement very well. You also get the AWD option on it. There are quite a few ownership threads on t-bhp. It is spacious, rides well, has a great engine gearbox combination, and a long feature list. Hyundai service is also reliable.
To be frank, I thought about it earlier. It's a great car that ticks most of the boxes but somehow I am not comfortable with the current-gen Tucson interiors. It looks outdated and with facelift around the corner, just don't want to invest big 30 lakhs and regret it later.
Ashu03 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 19:41   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashu03 View Post
Hi All. I spoke with multiple dealers in Gurgaon regarding Tiguan launch price and delivery dates. As of now, all have communicated the same thing - Tentatively it will be launched around 27-28 Lakhs (ex-showroom) and there will only be one model (Highline).
That will place this car at 32 to 33Lakhs price range on road in Gurgaon. In your case, in comparison to XUV700 AX7L P you will end up paying close to 9 lakhs extra. What you get is a better European package which comes with higher service/repair cost (including for DSG). Also at 33Lakhs, some may staft having doubts on why not extend a bit more and go for luxury brand, as you will end up using car for next 7-9 years (assuming).

10-15% lower onroad price of 29 to 30lakhs would help reduce confusion, but VW will for sure price it around 35lakhs on road
Old 29th November 2021, 19:49   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish84 View Post
I am also waiting for the Tiguan launch to upgrade from my Polo GT. 2.0 L engine and DQ381 (same as Octavia and Superb) makes it a desirable SUV now. My only concerns are:

1. I have read at multiple places that Tiguan and All space had very stiff suspension. I would assume not much would change in new Tiguan. How severe is the problem? Is it bone jarring for rear passengers? Is it worse than Seltos?

2. If I book immediately post launch, I am assuming there would not be any discounts. But can I at least buy a right priced insurance from outside? Or does a new exciting launch means that dealer could impose buying insurance only from them? I have read that even in XUV 700, buyers have bought their own insurance. So that should be possible for Tiguan too, right?

3. How is the width of rear bench and how big would be the middle hump? Would it be reluctant 5 seater SUV?
Adding my 2 bits to your queries basis my limited knowledge. Fellow BHPians can add more to it.
1. Yes Tiguan All Space suspension is stiff and given it's the CBU unit, VW has not done any changes to make it specific to our conditions. I am hoping that facelift Tiguan coming from CKD route and on seeing the reviews of last-gen Tiguan and Tiguan Allspace, VW will make tweaking's to it to make it bit soft. Again we can just hope with VW
2. You can definitely buy the insurance from outside. No dealer can force you to buy it from them on original price. If they still are adamant then you can negotiate with them basis outside price and in most of the cases dealer agrees to that and will nearly match it.
3. Middle hump is big and 5th occupant will be bit uncomfortable on long drives. It's a comfortable seater for 4 adults and a child as 5th occupant.
I hope it helps.
Old 29th November 2021, 19:57   #244
R_R
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashu03 View Post
Spoke to few dealer and they don't have any clarity. Some said Q3 2022 and some said early 2023. Also like you said, not happy with it's wild body design and front grill. Not sure what has happened to Hyundai designers recently. The current generation model in India looks really classy. Wish I could use the exteriors of current-gen Tucson and interiors of next-gen Tucson
Since Hyundai has already started road-testing the new Tucson in India (we saw a couple of spy shots a couple of weeks back, if you recall), I am hoping it'll be out by next summer or latest by end of 2022. But that's probably as long as I can wait, as my 2008 Grand Vitara can't be driven in NCR after June 2023 cause of the stupid 15-year rule. And of course, pricing is also an issue. I definitely can't stretch it much over 30L!
Old 29th November 2021, 20:00   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manpreetsj View Post
That will place this car at 32 to 33Lakhs price range on road in Gurgaon. In your case, in comparison to XUV700 AX7L P you will end up paying close to 9 lakhs extra. What you get is a better European package which comes with higher service/repair cost (including for DSG). Also at 33Lakhs, some may staft having doubts on why not extend a bit more and go for luxury brand, as you will end up using car for next 7-9 years (assuming).

10-15% lower onroad price of 29 to 30lakhs would help reduce confusion, but VW will for sure price it around 35lakhs on road
I have booked XUV700 AX7L Diesel automatic which is costing around 26 lakhs. As there is no diesel option in Tiguan, I have to go with Petrol. To be frank, the monthly run will be around 900 KMs and petrol will also do until it is atleast double digit mileage (10 KMPL). So the difference will be around 6 lakhs if VW price it sensibly
Old 30th November 2021, 10:21   #246
BHPian

In continuation of news on discontinuation of AllSpace, T-ROC is also discontinued, both of these being CBU.

From Tiguan 5 seater pricing perspective, T-ROC getting discontinued may imply competitive pricing planned for Tiguan 5 seater.

On contrary, discontinuation is either because it is completely sold out for 2021 OR they plan to reintroduce 2022 model early next year around 22-23 Lakhs ex-sh price point and place it between Taigun (18Lakhs ex-sh top model) and Tiguan 5 seater (26-28 Lakhs ex-sh top model).

7 days to go to get clarity (disappointed) on pricing & move on. Till then full interest in this car continues!
manpreetsj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 10:28   #247
BHPian

A petrol AWD, south of 30 lacs, is the SUV which may age with us for a decade or more!

With the stringent emission norms , the all India diesel ban for private vehicle may be coming sooner than we expected.

If the VW times the delivery month right for the Tiguan Facelift , I would happily let go of my XUV700 AWD booking
D_Security_Guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 07:57   #248
BHPian

Type of alloys VW offers in Europe vs. type of alloys planned for India!! Hope there will be an option to upgrade as well. These frankfurt 18inch suck! Even Polo top model has better alloys.
Attached Thumbnails
VW to launch Tiguan 5-seater SUV in 2021-screenshot_20211201075433_chrome.jpg  

Attached Images

manpreetsj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 09:15   #249
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by manpreetsj View Post
Type of alloys VW offers in Europe vs. type of alloys planned for India!! Hope there will be an option to upgrade as well. These frankfurt 18inch suck! Even Polo top model has better alloys.
Imagine the Ride quality on those 20 and 21 inch wheels (yes that is the size of those lovely looking wheels) and then the price of replacing the tyres and wheels when one inevitably bursts and bends because of such a low profile tyre.
Ride with the 18s was already quite stiff(see pre facelift reviews), so i don't think VW is doing anything wrong here by not offering bigger wheels.
agambhandari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 10:04   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Imagine the Ride quality on those 20 and 21 inch wheels (yes that is the size of those lovely looking wheels) and then the price of replacing the tyres and wheels when one inevitably bursts and bends because of such a low profile tyre.
Ride with the 18s was already quite stiff(see pre facelift reviews), so i don't think VW is doing anything wrong here by not offering bigger wheels.
Completely second that thought of yours. Wish they can provide that sweet design on 18 inch wheels. Frankfurt design is too bland.
manpreetsj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 10:14   #251
BHPian

I checked in Chandigarh regarding pre- booking the Tiguan, they haven’t started yet. Additionally as per the SA, there will be a virtual launch on the 7th and then a physical launch i.e test drive will be available from the 15th. As per him the deliveries will take place January onwards. So this launch seems to a never ending stretched one.
Old 1st December 2021, 10:29   #252
BHPian

I've tried to compare the dimensions of Tiguan with few other models. If someone could help validate it, that would really help. The Honda City is just there as I own it. Interior comfort, legroom, boot space and a good ground clearance being in Bangalore (not sure why we pay such a huge road tax as I've never seen a patch of well maintained road) is of utmost important.

The below data is taken from different sites so not sure if all is correct.
VW to launch Tiguan 5-seater SUV in 2021-screenshot-20211201-10.30.01-am.png

Last edited by neel911 : 1st December 2021 at 10:32.
neel911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 12:07   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
I've tried to compare the dimensions of Tiguan with few other models.
Attachment 2239699
Good summary but any particular reason why Jeep Compass is excluded in this?

This what i could find from Carwale on Compass: Dimensions: 4,405 mm L x 1,818 mm W x 1,640 mm H
Old 1st December 2021, 12:44   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsynch View Post
Good summary but any particular reason why Jeep Compass is excluded in this?
Included in the table below. Somehow I had ruled out Jeep Compass due to rear space, boot volume but it is one of the contenders

VW to launch Tiguan 5-seater SUV in 2021-screenshot-20211201-12.43.43-pm.png
neel911 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 13:14   #255
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Included in the table below. Somehow I had ruled out Jeep Compass due to rear space, boot volume but it is one of the contenders

Attachment 2239756
Great comparison of some very close cars. You can perhaps include the C5 in this as well(close in terms of pricing, a bit larger but diesel only).

We were in the market for the same segment around 2 years ago and to be honest, it was a no brainer for my dad and he picked the X1. It had the badge, design, power, space and the price premium was much lesser back then as compared to now. We ended up buying our first diesel car in the form of X1 only because diesel ended up being much cheaper than the petrol version. Price difference between a Tiguan and X1 was around 5 lacs but likely lower resale and relatively bland design and badge value of Tiguan made sure it wasn't even in contention. Yes the Tiguan had AWD but we had to be real and it was likely no use to us. And Yes the X1 is a FWD BMW but at the end of the day drives better than nearly all FWD cars on the market, if you're expecting 3 series level of involvement you're obviously in the wrong place.

I will say this that Tiguan and X1 are very close in terms of rear seat space, but tiguan edges forward by a small margin. But both of these are much better than compass and can genuinely be used as a family car. Tucson is also a great option if not looking for an enthusiast pick. Same for the C5; these are more comfort oriented.

There's hard to a choose a single best option for all the buyers in the segment and i would suggest everyone to take a TD with their whole family to make sure they like the car .(if you'll sit only in the driver seat on TD, you'll just end up buying the Compass or X1 )

Last edited by agambhandari : 1st December 2021 at 13:32.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks