Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2021, 09:51   #226
BHPian

Re: VW to launch Tiguan 5-seater SUV in 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonHyd View Post
Really love the blue color in the above picture. Compass can never match this car in space. While exterior dimensions are not very different, somehow compass feels claustrophobic inside. Moreover, neither of the two engines on offer on Compass can match the brutal acceleration of the 2.0 TSI. Compass is a great car, a great looker but is not enough to write Tiguan off.
True on the the power and space front, but the Compass has that X factor which Tiguan lacks. I have test driven both back to back (previous Tiguan), and the Tiguan drive was rather forgettable while I still remember the Compass test drive fondly.
nitkel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 09:59   #227
BHPian

Compass will always outsell the Tiguan due to its sheer vairant lineup which ranges from 18L to 30L. It also works against it (me for one) since some might feel weird having to spend 30L+ on a car which structurally is similar to the 18L car. XUV700 is another similar case. I like models with a very small variant lineup as it keeps the premium factor in tact. One of my reasons to prefer the Tiguan over the Compass (even at a +2L difference) is exactly this.

But as mentioned above the Compass is a heart over mind matter.
Old 27th November 2021, 11:19   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitkel View Post
True on the the power and space front, but the Compass has that X factor which Tiguan lacks. I have test driven both back to back (previous Tiguan), and the Tiguan drive was rather forgettable while I still remember the Compass test drive fondly.
Previous Tiguan was underwhelming both in interiors and power. The diesel engine was offered in a lower state of tune and the interior ambience was clearly a notch or two below Kodiaq. The exterior design(of Passat also) also was as boring as it can get. Compass on the other hand looks great especially in the dual tone red black. However, the upcoming Tiguan seems to be a step up in all the areas I believe.
DonHyd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 11:27   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Previous Tiguan was underwhelming both in interiors and power. The diesel engine was offered in a lower state of tune and the interior ambience was clearly a notch or two below Kodiaq. The exterior design(of Passat also) also was as boring as it can get. Compass on the other hand looks great especially in the dual tone red black. However, the upcoming Tiguan seems to be a step up in all the areas I believe.
Isn't this one just a facelift? Don't think the "driving feel" will change much irrespective of the more powerful 2.0 TSI.
Old 27th November 2021, 12:27   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Honestly interiors of previous gen Tiguan was much better than previous compass. While the layout is individual preference, the quality of Tiguan interiors were definitely better than previous compass.
On power, though on paper Tiguan had lesser power than Compass it was faster than Compass both in 0 to 100 / 140 (as per the reviews) and in gear acceleration too. Infact having driven both I felt Tiguan to be faster than Compass. While Comapss had a better ride quality, handling were more or less same.
New Compass have great interiors, hope new Tiguan has better too.
However, as mentioned in previous posts, Jeep has a cult following. This is exactly what driving Compass sales, it is the cheapest Jeep one can get in India and a lot of people buy for that Jeep brand. Where as for Tiguan it is another VW and anyone who wants a VW brand can even buy a Polo also.
Product wise once launched I am sure these 2 will be my favourite in that SUV segment, and picking one of them will be a difficult choice.
What makes it easier is if Diesel we have no option than Compass and Petrol it’s a no brainer Tiguan over Compass

Last edited by sunikkat : 27th November 2021 at 12:32.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 15:25   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarSprit_ssk View Post
Yes few dealers in Bangalore started taking prebooking from Monday. One of my friend has done pre booking.
Any idea what the booking amount is?

Drive on,
Shibu
Old 28th November 2021, 15:35   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Any idea what the booking amount is?

Drive on,
Shibu
Prebooking amount being charged is Rs.25000
CarSprit_ssk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 13:47   #233
BHPian

Interesting move from VW. They have discontinued Tiguan Allspace. In case VW plans to price 5 seater competitively, will this move help them avoid huge price gap between the two? Or just want to introduce facelift of Allspace next year via CKD route (similar to 5 seater).

https://www.cardekho.com/india-car-n...nued-28258.htm
Old 29th November 2021, 17:33   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manpreetsj View Post
Interesting move from VW. They have discontinued Tiguan Allspace. In case VW plans to price 5 seater competitively, will this move help them avoid huge price gap between the two? Or just want to introduce facelift of Allspace next year via CKD route (similar to 5 seater).

https://www.cardekho.com/india-car-n...nued-28258.htm
It could also be VWs way of quoting a higher price for the 5 seater Tiguan so that there is no comparison with the Allspace version
thesilentone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 17:38   #235
BHPian

Hi All. I spoke with multiple dealers in Gurgaon regarding Tiguan launch price and delivery dates. As of now, all have communicated the same thing - Tentatively it will be launched around 27-28 Lakhs (ex-showroom) and there will only be one model (Highline).
Delivery will start after 15th January. Pre bookings are open.

I am seriously considering Tiguan as my next car and need your suggestion. Below is the present status and my expectations from new car.

1. Currently I own XUV500 W10 AT Diesel. I am planning to upgrade my car and as of now I have booked XUV700 as it really looks compelling and Mahindra has done a really good job with ride, handling, interior quality and features.
2. We are a family of 4 members and as such 7 seater is not a requirement. But, due to limited options for spacious 5 seaters in the range of 25-32 lakhs, I have gone ahead and booked XUV700. As everyone knows about the waiting period, I will now get the car in November 2022 I am not willing to wait that long, hence started looking at alternatives.
3. I have set the on-road budget at 30 Lakhs but can extend it by few lakhs. My primary requirement is bit spacious 5 seater car (Only SUVs) with good interior quality, good engine performance (AT), great ride and handling.
3. Initially I considered Jeep Compass and C5 Aircross. After the compass facelift, it's interior quality has gone up by leaps and bounds and it really looks premium and obviously ride and handling is USP of Jeep. But, due to limited space, not so good AT engine performance and rattling issues faced by current owners, I decided not to go ahead with it. I really liked C5 Aircross but I am just not comfortable spending 38 lakhs on C5. it's way to high for what it offers.
4. At start, I never considered Tiguan for my next purchase. But, one fine day I started reading reviews of last-gen Tiguan and started liking it for what it offers as an overall package. Solid build quality, premium interiors, good ride and handling, spacious enough for 4 people. The only main issue was underwhelming diesel engine. But now with launch of next-gen Tiguan, we will get powerful 2.0 TSI 190 PS engine plus additional features. I am really convinced about this car and now seriously considering to buy it given it is launched around 27-28 lakhs (Ex-showroom).
5. My only fear is around 2-3 things - mileage with Petrol engine, DSG gearbox performance in long run and after sales support. Can any current Tiguan all space owner help with real-life city average (I am ok with 10-11 KMPL but single digit will be bit of concern), reliability of DSG gearbox and after sales support. I don't want to run to service centre every second day for different issues after spending my hard earned money.
Ashu03 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 18:06   #236
R_R
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashu03 View Post

I am seriously considering Tiguan as my next car and need your suggestion. Below is the present status and my expectations from new car.
I am also considering the Tiguan, and I have your concerns too. An additional one I have is that Tiguan comes with a space-saver spare tire rather than a full-size one. If one occasionally wanders off the beaten path, rough remote roads etc, I don't think I'll feel comfortable with just a space-saver tire. But I don't have to buy immediately; I can wait for well into 2022. So I am going to wait for the new Hyundai Tucson to be launched, which should be around the same price. It's also the same size, features etc., and more reliable, with a larger service network, and AWD with a full-sized spare. I am not too pleased with its wild body design, especially the front grill etc, but I'll wait and see it in metal before making up my mind. Unfortunately, both Tucson and Tiguan have DCT, though Tiguan's is wet and Tucson's is dry DCT. The Tiguan's 162TSI engine otherwise seems superb and probably better than the Tucson's. My thoughts, to further complicate your decision!
Old 29th November 2021, 18:30   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashu03 View Post
3. I have set the on-road budget at 30 Lakhs but can extend it by few lakhs. My primary requirement is bit spacious 5 seater car (Only SUVs) with good interior quality, good engine performance (AT), great ride and handling.
Honestly, i feel you should also consider the Hyundai Tucson diesel automatic. Even though an updated one will be due in a year, the current one is a very underrated car. Quite capable, and fits your requirement very well. You also get the AWD option on it. There are quite a few ownership threads on t-bhp. It is spacious, rides well, has a great engine gearbox combination, and a long feature list. Hyundai service is also reliable.
Old 29th November 2021, 18:42   #238
BHPian

I'm in wishful thinking mode right now, but am almost sure I'd be disappointed:
  1. Improved ride
  2. Fender/Harman Kardon audio system
  3. Double digit mileage for city use

In the mean time, I have read mixed feedback about how engaging it is to drive. Some people said it's forgettable and some have said it's quite engaging. Any color on this would be great.
Old 29th November 2021, 19:00   #239
BHPian

I am also waiting for the Tiguan launch to upgrade from my Polo GT. 2.0 L engine and DQ381 (same as Octavia and Superb) makes it a desirable SUV now. My only concerns are:

1. I have read at multiple places that Tiguan and All space had very stiff suspension. I would assume not much would change in new Tiguan. How severe is the problem? Is it bone jarring for rear passengers? Is it worse than Seltos?

2. If I book immediately post launch, I am assuming there would not be any discounts. But can I at least buy a right priced insurance from outside? Or does a new exciting launch means that dealer could impose buying insurance only from them? I have read that even in XUV 700, buyers have bought their own insurance. So that should be possible for Tiguan too, right?

3. How is the width of rear bench and how big would be the middle hump? Would it be reluctant 5 seater SUV?
Old 29th November 2021, 19:33   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_R View Post
I am also considering the Tiguan, and I have your concerns too. An additional one I have is that Tiguan comes with a space-saver spare tire rather than a full-size one. If one occasionally wanders off the beaten path, rough remote roads etc, I don't think I'll feel comfortable with just a space-saver tire. But I don't have to buy immediately; I can wait for well into 2022. So I am going to wait for the new Hyundai Tucson to be launched, which should be around the same price. It's also the same size, features etc., and more reliable, with a larger service network, and AWD with a full-sized spare. I am not too pleased with its wild body design, especially the front grill etc, but I'll wait and see it in metal before making up my mind. Unfortunately, both Tucson and Tiguan have DCT, though Tiguan's is wet and Tucson's is dry DCT. The Tiguan's 162TSI engine otherwise seems superb and probably better than the Tucson's. My thoughts, to further complicate your decision!
Yes I was also looking at 4th gen Hyundai Tucson but there is absolutely no clarity on its launch date. I have reached out to Hyundai India on Twitter but got no response. Spoke to few dealer and they don't have any clarity. Some said Q3 2022 and some said early 2023. Also like you said, not happy with it's wild body design and front grill. Not sure what has happened to Hyundai designers recently. The current generation model in India looks really classy. Wish I could use the exteriors of current-gen Tucson and interiors of next-gen Tucson
Ashu03 is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks