Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2021, 15:36   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW to launch Tiguan 5-seater SUV in 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_R View Post
The Tiguan 5-seater is likely to be around 30-32L, give-or-take, OTR, I should think. Anything above that, for a 5-seater, will bring it in Kodiaq 7-seater territory, which will make no sense.
No way Tiguan 5 seater would be 30 to 32 lakhs. Most likely the top end might be in the range of 35-40 L. Even Compass and Octavia top end is ~ 35L and Tiguan was priced higher than this in the previous generations
Old 8th November 2021, 16:23   #167
BHPian

I spoke to a few VW SA’s in the NCR, the general view as per them is that the launch has been pushed to 2022 and the reason given is the chip shortage. Looks like deliveries will only start by Feb-March 2022.
Old 8th November 2021, 16:32   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by troika View Post
I spoke to a few VW SA’s in the NCR, the general view as per them is that the launch has been pushed to 2022 and the reason given is the chip shortage. Looks like deliveries will only start by Feb-March 2022.
So this will launch after Kodiaq? Another example of VW being deprioritized post Skoda taking over?
Old 8th November 2021, 17:07   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyutaghosh View Post
So this will launch after Kodiaq? Another example of VW being deprioritized post Skoda taking over?
Yes, looks like it’ll come after Kodiaq. VW seems to be totally clueless. They have messed up the launch of such a capable car. There’s a limit to the customers patience. A lot of people have been looking forward to this launch since Apr2021
Old 8th November 2021, 17:22   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by troika View Post
Yes, looks like it’ll come after Kodiaq. VW seems to be totally clueless. They have messed up the launch of such a capable car. There’s a limit to the customers patience. A lot of people have been looking forward to this launch since Apr2021
Wait for it. They will not only mess up the timing, but also for sure the pricing
They will price it too close to the Kodiaq and then launch it also after that. Dont know how many takers will be there for the Tiguan.
Old 8th November 2021, 21:07   #171
BHPian

Was kind of expecting inordinate delay and went ahead with different product. Have waited for this from May-21 onwards. If VW can't launch one there are other products to choose in market.[/quote]

That is the issue that I have been facing. If, I need a Petrol SUV under 30 L OTR there is no other option. The Jeep Compass and XUV 700 are the only options that I am getting. The others are either are diesels or are not driving great. So the only other option apart from Jeep and XUV 700 is Tiguan. I dont want to upgrade to Taigun/ T-Roc as their rear seat space is lesser than Vento. So its boiling down to Tiguan vs (Compass/ XUV 700). The compass does not have paddle shifters or sports model which is a critical for highway driving / sudden overtakes. So its coming to Tiguan vs XUV 700. May be people may go the XUV way.
Old 8th November 2021, 22:28   #172
BHPian

Quote:
That is the issue that I have been facing. If, I need a Petrol SUV under 30 L OTR there is no other option. The Jeep Compass and XUV 700 are the only options that I am getting. The others are either are diesels or are not driving great. So the only other option apart from Jeep and XUV 700 is Tiguan. I dont want to upgrade to Taigun/ T-Roc as their rear seat space is lesser than Vento. So its boiling down to Tiguan vs (Compass/ XUV 700). The compass does not have paddle shifters or sports model which is a critical for highway driving / sudden overtakes. So its coming to Tiguan vs XUV 700. May be people may go the XUV way.
Have you considered Hyundai Tucson? Its a great SUV, has Petrol and will be less than 30 lakhs. The current model will be replaced with an newer one so there are some good discounts to be had too.
Old 9th November 2021, 13:26   #173
BHPian

Tiguan will be around 35-40 OTR and not 30. Better to check XUV700, safari, Tucson. Remember at new year all manufactures will increase the price.

Last edited by hrishig : 9th November 2021 at 13:27.
hrishig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 13:37   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
Tiguan will be around 35-40 OTR and not 30. Better to check XUV700, safari, Tucson. Remember at new year all manufactures will increase the price.
If possible can you check with Pune VW dealer about the launch date? as I know B U Bhandari VW dealership has good record of giving correct information.
Thank you

Last edited by MayurS : 9th November 2021 at 13:39. Reason: Added question mark
Old 9th November 2021, 17:23   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk1972 View Post
Have you considered Hyundai Tucson? Its a great SUV, has Petrol and will be less than 30 lakhs. The current model will be replaced with an newer one so there are some good discounts to be had too.
Yes PK, I tested both the petrol and diesel vehicles and the SA gave me like a good 60 minutes with each of the car. I liked the Diesel better than the petrol and the refinement of Tucson diesel was super. The 8 speed auto box was very good and closest to DSG. The only issue i did not want to go ahead is after spending 24-28 L did not want to see a new car in the next 6 months or one year. But Tucson was the best car i test drove based on my experience. The SA told me he has flexibility to give discounts and insurance offers up to INR 1.5 L if I can buy before Diwali. But the petrol engine was ok types. I would any day buy the diesel of Hyundai, they make good CRDI engines
Old 9th November 2021, 17:43   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
No way Tiguan 5 seater would be 30 to 32 lakhs. Most likely the top end might be in the range of 35-40 L. Even Compass and Octavia top end is ~ 35L and Tiguan was priced higher than this in the previous generations
While I tend to agree with your view, what I feel VW could do is to get an aggressive pricing. This is not a CBU and hence that could give some cost advantage as compared to previous editions which were CBU's. Tiguan is VW's best selling SUV globally, but they have never been a starter in India. From a product positioning not sure how VW is thinking about competition and which are their competitors
Old 9th November 2021, 19:20   #177
BHPian

Even from my interaction with VW in mumbai they seemed pretty confident about the launch in Nov, but that was almost a month back.
Though I am not in a hurry to buy anything this year and maynot even buy an alternative at this point in time, the entire Tiguan delay fiasco puts distaste for the brand.
The cherry on top of this distasteful cake will be shocking pricing (not the good kind) in q1 of next year.
Old 18th November 2021, 18:34   #178
BHPian

VW Tiguan Facelift Launch - December 7th, 2021

Looks like the Tiguan facelift is coming next month. Just saw this upload by the Volkswagen India Instagram account.
Attached Thumbnails
VW to launch Tiguan 5-seater SUV in 2021-tiguan.jpg  

VivekCherian is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 18:43   #179
BHPian

Re: VW Tiguan Facelift Launch - December 7th, 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivekCherian View Post
Looks like the Tiguan facelift is coming next month. Just saw this upload by the Volkswagen India Instagram account.
Was about to post this. So after almost half year delay it does get launched in 2021 and deliveries start 2022. From marketing stand point they have met their targets for launches in 2021 . Sign off let's take the fat bonus.

From a customer stand point it's good that we will to get a 2022 vehicle that will hold it's resale value.

Now the big question. Kitna mein bechogey VW? For how much price will you sell VW.
CircleOfLife is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 20:35   #180
Distinguished - BHPian

Anything below 35 lacs OTR Bangalore, and I am definitely Interested. I can't convince myself to spend 33 big one on Jeep compass no matter how hard I try, that engine just does not cut it. The engine on the Tiguan though will keep you grinning for years to come!!

Last edited by AtheK : 18th November 2021 at 20:47.
AtheK is online now   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks