Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2021, 18:27   #46
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Kia Seltos to get a panoramic sunroof soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRanger View Post
Fully agreed. There are 3 points where the new Hyundai Creta scores over Kia Seltos- despite having similar powertrains and polarizing looks)-

1. Softer suspension, leading to a more compliant ride.
2. Panoramic sunroof- a first-in-segment
3. Paddle shifters for easy manual shifting in automatic variants- again a first-in-segment

It may be noted that Kia Seltos offers a wider choice to customers. E.g., a manual option in turbo engines and 6 airbags in lower-than-top variants
PLUS, Electronic Parking Brake with Auto-hold. Total game-changer once you use it.
iamitp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th March 2021, 19:29   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRanger View Post
It may be noted that Kia Seltos offers a wider choice to customers. E.g., a manual option in turbo engines and 6 airbags in lower-than-top variants
Seltos doesn’t give the 1.5L petrol manual/CVT in either HTX+ or GTX+, only available in the HTX.

Creta gives the 1.4L turbo in SX and SX(O) with the DCT but not the manual.

Seltos offers an automatic diesel in the lower HTK+ variant, Creta doesn’t offer one in the lower S variant.

Seltos doesn’t offer the 1.5L diesel manual in the top of the line GTX+, Creta offers all engine’s in the top of the line SX(O) trims both with manual and automatics except the turbo.

If we add up both cars it comes out almost similar to each other in terms of total number of options for buyers, only difference being the variant-engine-gearbox combo.

-6 airbags part I agree Creta only offers in the SX(O) and Seltos in GTX(only 1.4L turbo manual) and GTX+.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th March 2021, 13:29   #48
BHPian

Great move by Kia. 3* + sunroof = 5*

There is no better formula to erase the dismal 3* safety rating from the brains of the Indians than offering sunroof. Well done Kia.

Last edited by kpkeerthi : 26th March 2021 at 13:32.
kpkeerthi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2021, 13:47   #49
BHPian

Will they offer a rear washer/wiper on lower variants? Or sunroof is all it needs to sell?
Old 26th March 2021, 23:49   #50
BHPian

I'm excited about this new update of Seltos. However, I have long been wondering - Why isn't anyone talking about the 7 Seater Seltos (Alcazar rival from Kia's stable)?
Has anyone heard anything about that anywhere?

From what I remember, Kia was supposed to launch a new model every 6 months. Can we expect a Kia 7 Seater this year or early next?!
Old 27th March 2021, 00:13   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber_Samurai View Post
I'm excited about this new update of Seltos. However, I have long been wondering - Why isn't anyone talking about the 7 Seater Seltos.......From what I remember, Kia was supposed to launch a new model every 6 months. Can we expect a Kia 7 Seater this year or early next?!
Kia is rumored to be planning a 7-seater MPV based on the Seltos platform for India, which would be launched instead of a Kia version of the Alcazar.

Source: https://m.indianautosblog.com/exclus...ocally-p319750
Old 27th March 2021, 00:26   #52
BHPian

In the current variant lineup of the Seltos, If one needs an automatic car with safety features, one has to buy the top end GTX+ only

The Creta has a much better spread of features among it's variants, coupled with features like a panaromic sunroof that attract attention and a much better dealer network, no wonder it is selling more that the Seltos.

I had ruled out buying a Seltos for precisely this reason and was looking at the Creta SX IVT. I sincerely wish that Kia atleast matches the Creta on safety features in the lower variants.

With the Skoda Kushaq launching as well, I hope the extra competition forces Kia to make the right choices.
Vedant Gupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2021, 14:27   #53
BHPian

I hope Kia also provides better safety features with this Update.
Currently the Seltos HTX doesn't even have Hill hold assist or Vehicle Stability Management, it's truly shocking . The Creta on the other hand gets panoramic sunroof and these safety features, No wonder creta has trumped the seltos.
911CarerraS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 18:28   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Could Kia be referring to the added features Seltos here? ‘Coming soon’

Rumour: Kia Seltos to get a panoramic sunroof soon-d7b640ba8b9a4d9b92cd6b3c38ff66ee.jpeg
CEF_Beasts is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 10:15   #55
Senior - BHPian

Updated Kia Seltos launch on April 27, 2021?

Kia could launch the updated Seltos on April 27, 2021.

Rumour: Kia Seltos to get a panoramic sunroof soon-download.jpg

There have been rumours suggesting that Kia is working on an update for the Seltos. While we don't know if the car would receive a minor facelift, it is expected to come with a panoramic sunroof option.

Unlike the Hyundai Creta, the Seltos was only offered with a regular sunroof. Most of its rivals like the MG Hector and the Tata Harrier also come with a panoramic sunroof and the upcoming Mahindra XUV500 is also expected to get one.

The introduction of a panoramic sunroof could be seen as a move to revive Seltos sales, which have taken a hit following the initial surge in demand.
TusharK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 10:52   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Could Kia be referring to the added features Seltos here? ‘Coming soon’

Attachment 2139127
May be Kia India will launch Seltos Gravity Edition. It was launched in South Korea as a top trim in July 2020. The Gravity edition gets a new studded front grille, distinctive 18-inch alloy wheels. The most awaited Panoramic sunroof could be a part of the new edition along with new Kia logo

Rumour: Kia Seltos to get a panoramic sunroof soon-20210401_104651.jpg

Rumour: Kia Seltos to get a panoramic sunroof soon-20210401_104702.jpg

Last edited by Venkatesh : 1st April 2021 at 11:09.
Venkatesh is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 11:14   #57
BHPian

After the horrible crash test results, I hope KIA has paid more focus in this update to the overall improvement of the bodyshell, footwell and other safety parameters. Adding toys like a bigger sunroof can boost the sale for sure but that doesn't mean consumers are to be taken for granted by selling them coffins.
sub.g84 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 13:50   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
May be Kia India will launch Seltos Gravity Edition. It was launched in South Korea as a top trim in July 2020. The Gravity edition gets a new studded front grille, distinctive 18-inch alloy wheels. The most awaited Panoramic sunroof could be a part of the new edition along with new Kia logo

Attachment 2139278

Attachment 2139279
The front now looks 100% XUV like!

Panoramic sunroof must be the reason why people are favouring the Creta. BetweenKia & Hyundai, they should own the segment!
1.2TSI7DSG is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 20:53   #59
Senior - BHPian

Got to know from a reliable source, updated Seltos launch is on 21 April. It would come with panaromic sunroof, peddle shifters and electronic parking brakes. It will take sibling rivalry with Creta to a whole new level!
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 21:05   #60
BHPian

Kia now looks more like an XUV. Although panoramic roof and other gizmos should not make a difference until a 20 lakh car is being built with an unstable structure. There are no 2 ways about that.

Most Viewed