Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2021, 22:17   #1051
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview

Skoda Kushaq mentioned in Next Level Skoda Strategy 2030, presenting its goals for next ten years.

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-24_skoda_kushaq_wp1440x915.jpg

On the way to becoming the leading European brand in India, Russia and North Africa.

Quote:
The ‘EXPLORE’ priority includes establishing ŠKODA as the leading European car manufacturer in the growth markets of India, Russia and North Africa by 2030. This will result in a global sales potential of 1.5 million units per year. The company is responsible for these regions within the Volkswagen Group. Production of the KUSHAQ – the first ŠKODA model to be launched on the Indian market under the INDIA 2.0 project – started just recently. In the medium term, there are also plans to offer the KUSHAQ in other emerging markets.
Source
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2021, 22:38   #1052
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400notout View Post
All the best Lateesh! I wish the king in ambition variant in your awkward parking space.
Thanks! Eagerly waiting for Skoda's announcement on 28th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400notout View Post
Being an ex owner of the Chevrolet Spark, I would know that feeling. We are beyond damage
:-) I owned Spark for 10 years (2009-2019) and clocked around 105000 km before selling it. Chevrolet A.S.S was very bad but I liked that cute little car very much. I had to sell it because of relocation and there was no one to take care the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post
Congratulations!

Is there a Skoda dealer in Kannur? I was under the impression that the nearest one is in Kozhikode.
Thanks!
They have sales outlet in Kannur but main dealer is in Kozhikode. Service is currently handled in Kozhikode but Kannur outlet takes care of pickup and drop. New service center in Kannur is opening in a month. It was suppose to open this month but got delayed due to lockdown.

Last edited by Latheesh : 24th June 2021 at 22:45.
Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2021, 22:44   #1053
Distinguished - BHPian

ŠKODA Kushaq, deliveries to start from 12th july.

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-1.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2021, 23:05   #1054
BHPian

Can anyone please help me with expected additional features in style variant over ambition ? Any confirmed optional features here ?
I want to go for 1.5 DSG but also thinking about 1.0 TC ambition. So just wanted to understand what features I would be missing on if I go for 1.0 TC ambition.
Any colour recommendation ?
Old 25th June 2021, 00:27   #1055
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulraag View Post
Hi Latheesh, congratulations on your booking. I couldn't help notice that your location is Kannur (I am from there too). I thought the Skoda Sales outlet, if I remember correctly Pinnacle has been defunct for over a year now. Have they resumed business or is this a new outfit? I had driven by few months back and I believe they still had the shutters down.
Thanks!
Same outlet is taken over by EVM and main dealer is EVM Kozhikode (booking form shows EVM Kozhikode address). There is nothing in the outlet other than couple of staffs and a test drive car. Service is currently handled in Kozhikode but Kannur outlet takes care of pickup and drop. New service center in Kannur is opening in a month. It was suppose to open this month but got delayed due to lockdown.

Last edited by Latheesh : 25th June 2021 at 00:30.
Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2021, 01:36   #1056
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousnewbie View Post
Can anyone please help me with expected additional features in style variant over ambition ? Any confirmed optional features here ?
I want to go for 1.5 DSG but also thinking about 1.0 TC ambition. So just wanted to understand what features I would be missing on if I go for 1.0 TC ambition.
Any colour recommendation ?
As of now i was able to get only one source @

I feel colours are personal choices, for me i feel if red is available in Base variant i would go with it as it makes up a contrast combination, if im planning for higher variants i would go with Carbonsteel. Orange even being signature colour hasn't appealed much to my taste

I have prebooked Kushaq Base in red colour last week ( Bangalore), i kept Creta Diesel E variant Grey Colour on Hold till the prices are revealed ( Vehicle alloted and dealer agreed to hold till month end ( only booking not vehicle)), really confused for now as i'm looking for VFM and better interior space ie: good to drive (no over speeding ), around 300 too 500 kms run per month, should get a smile on turbo kick and not shell out lakhs on after modifications after purchase.

Last edited by challa : 25th June 2021 at 01:45.
challa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2021, 01:49   #1057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Thanks!
Same outlet is taken over by EVM and main dealer is EVM Kozhikode (booking form shows EVM Kozhikode address). There is nothing in the outlet other than couple of staffs and a test drive car. Service is currently handled in Kozhikode but Kannur outlet takes care of pickup and drop. New service center in Kannur is opening in a month. It was suppose to open this month but got delayed due to lockdown.
This is good to know, last year during the lockdown the only functional service center was EVM Ernakulam. It is great to see them taking over more dealerships in the state. My experience with EVM has been great, they have been quite professional and transparent in their dealing. Hope Skoda prices Kushaq sensibly and that you have many years of happy ownership.
rahulraag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th June 2021, 08:32   #1058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by challa View Post
As of now i was able to get only one source @ https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=rAlnGw3y1R0

I feel colours are personal choices, for me i feel if red is available in Base variant i would go with it as it makes up a contrast combination, if im planning for higher variants i would go with Carbonsteel. Orange even being signature colour hasn't appealed much to my taste
“Yes carbon steel for top variant and red for rest of the variants are my choices as well. Just wanted to get an idea of variant wise popular colour choices.”

Quote:
I have prebooked Kushaq Base in red colour last week ( Bangalore), i kept Creta Diesel E variant Grey Colour on Hold till the prices are revealed ( Vehicle alloted and dealer agreed to hold till month end ( only booking not vehicle)), really confused for now as i'm looking for VFM and better interior space ie: good to drive (no over speeding ), around 300 too 500 kms run per month, should get a smile on turbo kick and not shell out lakhs on after modifications after purchase.
“Congratulations!! More than money, aftermarket mods are usually not niggle free which is very frustrating. Creta base is very ill equipped and I have heard that they discreetly took away some features from the base variant. I think Kushaq will be more value for money considering most of “must have features” are standard across the range with few “good to have” features(tpms, additional airbags, etc) optional. I think the car buying ecosystem is due for a major overhaul where all the features would be optional and you would get to assemble your car like a desktop.
Rear seat width is an issue though along with sub par bootspace but I am most concerned about the peppiness of 1.0 L turbo. These new age turbo engines do produce a lot of power for the displacement but would 115 ps be enough for an SUV ? My Honda city churns out same number of horses and I am very happy with the performance but then the drag coefficient and weigh is on the lower side for a sedan. Australian Kamiq 85 kw (115 bhp) reviews are positive though.”

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 25th June 2021 at 10:07. Reason: Typo
curiousnewbie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2021, 09:23   #1059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousnewbie View Post

“I am most concerned about the peppiness of 1.0 L turbo. These new age turbo engines do produce a lot of power for the displacement but would 115 ps be enough for an SUV ? My Honda city churns out same number of horses and I am very happy with the performance but then the drag coefficient and weigh is on the lower side for a sedan. Australian Kamiq 85 kw (115 bhp) reviews are positive though.”
The European Kamiq too has had mostly positive reviews, especially on the 1.0 L TSI engine. In fact, in the early prototype drives too, they were impressed with whatever little they could sample. Given that the Kushaq is modestly sized, and therefore may not be too heavy, I suppose this engine should be enough.

As for your other concerns, I take your points on the width of the rear bench and the smaller sized boot as those have weighed on my mind as well. I like the way the Kushaq looks and the lack of a few extra cms and the not-so-aggressive stance don't distress me so much. I am a sucker for the classic European looks, so am fine there.

Otherwise (assuming the test drive, feedback from other sources, especially the official Team BHP review, and the pricing), I can live with the rest of it. Lack of a pano sunroof, virtual cockpit, even the rear discs, assuming the NCAP ratings are reassuring, are not deal breakers for me.

As for the ASS, the point on which Skoda gets really and consistently pummeled, I am willing to give this new 2.0 project a chance. Now, after the renewed approachability and a sense of unprecedented seriousness they are showing, I am cautiously optimistic.

Last edited by RPM1706 : 25th June 2021 at 09:51. Reason: Typos
RPM1706 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2021, 09:34   #1060
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by challa View Post
A...

I have prebooked Kushaq Base in red colour last week ( Bangalore), i kept Creta Diesel E variant Grey Colour on Hold till the prices are revealed ( ...
I would say even if the Kushaq is a little over your price expectations, choose it over the base Creta for the safety kit like ESP which are true life savers and cannot be added aftermarket.
Old 25th June 2021, 09:50   #1061
Senior - BHPian

Here is a short video!

This link has ~ 50 pictures.
https://www.news18.com/photogallery/...e-3887297.html

Last edited by Latheesh : 25th June 2021 at 10:03.
Latheesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th June 2021, 10:58   #1062
BHPian

I feel the Skoda market research team has stumbled on some great insight. I was looking for a D segment car, but it seems Kushaq's ~150 BHP engine and comfortable seating for 4 is more appropriate for my nuclear, city-based family. Coupled with compact dimensions, luxurious interior, and safe build, Kushaq has started to make a lot of sense for families with 2 adults and young kids. Also, as someone commented before, women/men, all would love to drive it!

Or I am just ruminating after the shock of Octavia pricing.

Last edited by vb-saan : 25th June 2021 at 11:51. Reason: Slightly edited to avoid any perceived gender bias. Thank you!
shobhit.shri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2021, 11:18   #1063
Distinguished - BHPian

German auto journal Auto Bild forecasts the prices of Kushaq ranging from ₹ 9.0 - 12 lakhs ( 1.0 L)

Quote:
There are no official prices yet, but in order to steal the buyers away from competitors such as Kia Seltos or Ford EcoSport , a price between 10,000 and 13,000 euros has to be realized.
Link

More pics from the drive:

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-1624539000_skodakushaq2.jpg

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-1624538997_skodakushaq1.jpg

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-1624539015_skodakushaq7.jpg

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-1624539097_skodakushaq42.jpg

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-1624539059_skodakushaq26.jpg

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-1624539054_skodakushaq24.jpg

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-1624539056_skodakushaq25.jpg

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-1624539082_skodakushaq35.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 25th June 2021 at 11:26.
volkman10 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 25th June 2021, 11:28   #1064
BHPian

I think I missed the update on the sunroof! Glad to see it's there, makes the cabin look much airier.

If there are no side airbags, then a change of seat covers is definitely up for grabs, that's probably the only thing that's needed to change the look of the interiors which in my opinion is quite drab at the moment.

Or wait till Monte Carlo launches...
Old 25th June 2021, 11:39   #1065
Distinguished - BHPian

I also went ahead and pre-booked the Kushaq with the Gurgaon based dealer. My choice was for the 1.0 Style AT variant in Carbon steel colour / or Red colour when we see.
Honestly in the price band of 10-20 lacs there are very few good choices and to me this is a decent choice. Though it will not be able to match our current Laura on fuel economy and boot space, it does get many additional features like 6 Airbags, better GC, better Infotainment. What ultimately swayed my decision to make the booking was the warranty terms of 4 years /100,000 km (and extended warranty upto 6 years).
We had even been considering the new Octavia and I did see the L&K variant in Lava Blue at the Gurgaon dealership (and loved it) but it is missing several things even at that price : ventilated seats, sunroof, diesel engine and is at 33L ex showroom, so we felt it is better to go for Kushaq at 15 lacs price (on road).
Have made a booking but we will take a final call once we see the car in flesh.
Behemoth is offline   (12) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks