Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2021, 19:53   #1006
S15
BANNED

Re: Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
I think there is a segment of buyers (specifically young urban women professionals)
Interesting post. However my observations with young women professionals who I happen to know, and work with have been quite the opposite. My experience is limited to lawyers, both litigation as well as corporate, and in my interactions with them, the interior fit and finish, colours, material choices and ambience are at the very top of their list. Simply put, they will not buy a car with a dingy interior, or one that makes them not feel special.

And, needless to say, they have this weird obsession with beige, wood, large windows, and a general sense of airiness.

I guess it comes as no surprise (to me, at the very least), that a lot of them drive Ciaz, and rave about it no end.

So I find it quite interesting that young women professionals that you have interacted with found, arguably the most boring, borderline obsolete interiors in the segment to be an USP.

PS: A friend who drives a Ciaz struggled to close the door on my polo, and then blamed me for buying such a crappy car.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 23rd June 2021 at 20:02. Reason: Minor typo. Thanks.
S15 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 19:57   #1007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S15 View Post

So I find it quite interesting that young women professionals that you have interacted with found, arguably the most boring, borderline obsolete interiors in the segment to be an USP.

PS: A friend who drives a Ciaz struggled to close the door on my polo, and then blamed me for buying such a crappy car.
I think all will agree that women, like men, have a wide range of preferences and tastes.
nitkel is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 20:01   #1008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S15 View Post
Interesting post. However my observations with young women professionals who I happen to know, and work with have been quite the opposite. My experience is limited to lawyers, both litigation as well as corporate, and in my interactions with them, the interior fit and finish, colours, material choices and ambience are at the very top of their list. Simply put, they will not buy a car with a dingy interior, or one that makes them not feel special.
By far, I ain't an expert on the fairer sex. But from whatever I have observed in my part of country, Sonet is an absolutely smash hit with girls. Don't know the exact reasons, but the number of GTX+ automatic variants of Sonet particularly in darker shades is popular among the circles.
Let's see if Kushaq manages the same sort of attention.
headbanger is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 20:18   #1009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
Let's see if Kushaq manages the same sort of attention.
The only thing that can kill Kushaq as a product is it’s PRICING.

My colleague just cancelled his EcoSport booking.

Our chit chat a month back…
Him- I booked Ecosport..
Me- Why?
Him- I want a SUV within a budget and must have is sunroof
Me- wait for a month, Skoda Kushaq the creta/seltos rival prices gonna be revieled it will be competitive.
Him- 22/06/2021 I want to book Kushaq, do you have any contacts at Skoda
Me- Gave him contact details
Him- If i get sunroof within 13lakhs(max) i am going for kushaq or else have to look for other options.

This is the reason i want Skoda to be very aggressive on pricing, Kushaq as a product can pull potential buyers from both the Sonet+Venue & Creta+Seltos territory.

Last edited by any23 : 23rd June 2021 at 20:19. Reason: addition of info
any23 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 22:26   #1010
Senior - BHPian

Sharing my pricing guesstimate and reasons. Net net each next variant or change from MT to AT should result in an on-road price differential of around 1.8 to 2 lakhs in most places.

I believe Skoda will have a good case in hand if they stick with the same. Most variants should undercut the competition by close to 70k with the competition offering some more features in each comparative variant while Kushaq keeping the lead in engine throughput although being and looking slightly smaller than them.

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-kushaqpricing.jpg

Last edited by dipen : 23rd June 2021 at 22:34.
dipen is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 22:44   #1011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Sharing my pricing guesstimate and reasons. Net net each next variant or change from MT to AT should result in an on-road price differential of around 1.8 to 2 lakhs in most places.

I believe Skoda will have a good case in hand if they stick with the same. Most variants should undercut the competition by close to 70k with the competition offering some more features in each comparative variant while Kushaq keeping the lead in engine throughput although being and looking slightly smaller than them.

Attachment 2170214
The pricing looks sensible to me with the justification provided. Skoda, price the Kushaq this way and see the ball rolling in your park. Please give us a reason to see discounts kicking up on the Korean twins!
Definitely, the hottest launch of the year.
Old 23rd June 2021, 23:04   #1012
Senior - BHPian

I shown few videos of Kushaq to my mother (68) and she did not like it. She loved the red monte carlo edition Rapid I brought home for test drive couple of months back.

Few more new pictures (source - twitter, Abhay Verma @AbhayV)
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-20210623_231109.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-20210623_231116.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-20210623_231123.jpg  

Last edited by Latheesh : 23rd June 2021 at 23:19.
Latheesh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 23:47   #1013
BHPian

Looks fantastic in grey and red! The rear bumper is almost flush with the tailgate - wonder why they didn't make it protrude a bit more. It would've made it look more balanced and offered better protection. They weren't constrained by the 4m limit anyways.
This should offer the ideal upgrade to a lot of satisfied Polo, Vento and Rapid owners. The jump to the 30L+ Octavia was a little too daunting and most would've migrated to other brands.
thechinmay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2021, 00:42   #1014
BHPian

When can we expect Monte Carlo edition? Is it advisable to get aftermarket virtual cockpit?

I really the new Octavia & T-roc virtual cockpit
anto1212 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2021, 03:45   #1015
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anto1212 View Post
When can we expect Monte Carlo edition? Is it advisable to get aftermarket virtual cockpit?

I really the new Octavia & T-roc virtual cockpit
Well I remember reading somewhere that it would get launched next year, why don't you look at volkswagen Taigun, it's coming up with the virtual cockpit, it would save you a lot of money and hassle to get the unit.
Old 24th June 2021, 08:22   #1016
Senior - BHPian

I just cannot stand the sight of the vintage frame type wipers especially in the rear (that too, in a VAG!). Begs to be replaced with a frameless version right after delivery
GeeTee TSI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2021, 08:49   #1017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI View Post
I just cannot stand the sight of the vintage frame type wipers especially in the rear (that too, in a VAG!). Begs to be replaced with a frameless version right after delivery
Good thing is Polo rear wipers including the housing is available at around Rs600 in Amazon. It should be an easy replacement for many who needs a frameless blade wiper.
highwaypatrol is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th June 2021, 09:50   #1018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI View Post
Yep, that's ugly. However, I am happy to see these little things in Kushaq. It screams cost cutting from VAG, which means Skoda is desperately trying to bring down the cost and price it sensibly. I seriously hope they price it well.
Old 24th June 2021, 10:13   #1019
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Contrary to the general sentiment in the forum, IMO, for many buyers, bigger size does not directly translate to a better car or a car they are willing to pay more for. I think there is a segment of buyers (specifically young urban women professionals) who want the higher seating position and visibility that an SUV offers - however find that sub-10 lakh compact SUVs do not offer the kind of aesthetics, sophistication and feel-good factor they seek. Yet, they do not want a large car because of loss of maneuverability and parking issues. Price is not the major factor for these folks, as they have high disposable incomes - a lakh or two here or there is not an issue for them, as long as they get exactly what they want.
I beg to differ, or rather offer a different perspective. We're in the market for a new car under 14 lakhs ex-showroom and Jazz was one of the contenders. Initially when we sat in the car (family of 4 - 2 adults and 2 kids) we felt the car to be spacious and comfortable. Just yesterday me and my wife test drove the Jazz and City. My wife is driving after a hiatus of 2-3 years and she immediately put the Jazz in the backburner and brought the City to the top of the list. Reason - the back seat is not sophisticated/plush/spacious enough for the kids. It appears size does matter. Or I may add size "available" does matter... sort of like a bachelor youth eyeing a 2BHK or newly weds opting for a 3BHK.

Regarding the Kushaq's dimensions it is ample enough when looked in isolation. But people make decisions at the margins. Skoda should price it appropriately so that the question in the buyer's mind is Is the 2-3 lakhs premium over the Venue/Sonet worth the extra 200mm? and never Is the 50k - 1 lakh premium over the creta/seltos worth the engine/performance/fit&finish?

If it is the latter, they're going to be DoA.
sramanat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th June 2021, 10:26   #1020
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Kushaq 1.5 TSI MT in Carbon Steel colour, media drive reviews to go live on June 26,11am.

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-fb_img_1624510514836.jpg

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-fb_img_1624510520597.jpg

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-fb_img_1624510523487.jpg

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-fb_img_1624510525877.jpg

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-fb_img_1624510528150.jpg

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-fb_img_1624510530373.jpg

Source : MotorBeam

Last edited by Venkatesh : 24th June 2021 at 10:30.
Venkatesh is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks