Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2021, 22:05   #721
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
The 10 lac variant is likely to be an elusive Eldorado which may never actually be seen on the roads and may be sold in very very limited quantities and may have very long waiting periods.
Thanks for sharing this. I hope the mid non-turbo 1.0 litre automatic variant is within 13L (ex-showroom).
Old 8th June 2021, 22:13   #722
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post
Thanks for sharing this. I hope the mid non-turbo 1.0 litre automatic variant is within 13L (ex-showroom).
Non turbo variant?

Sorry to burst your bubble but Kushaq will be getting only turbo engines according to company officials.

Can't wait for the official TBHP review. There's just too much speculation about the product here from dimensions to driving feel. Sick of this speculation and I have to say that Skoda has succeeded in keeping the flame alive here although I hate these new marketing methods. An absolute pain in the neck.
Turbohead is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 22:14   #723
BHPian

Quote:
I don't know if it's a typo, but there's no non turbo engine variant of kushaq, there are two engine options, 1.0 TSI and 1.5 TSI, both of them are turbocharged. The 1.0 tsi is found In polo, rapid and Vento, if you want to know about its performance. 1.5 tsi is in karoq and t-roc. Hope it helps you.
yesyeswe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 23:00   #724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1Ltr TSI (turbo) - If they price base Active variant ~10L and mid Ambition manual 11.5L, it is possible to get Ambition auto for 13L ex-showroom. Any increase in base variant price will have equal effect on other variant prices.

We have enough inside info from 'yesyeswe' regarding variant distribution& price right from initial days. Base price of 10.5L is what he mentioned many times.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2021, 12:49   #725
Distinguished - BHPian

All of the recent news bites seem to point to the VW taking a more aggressive pricing posture with the Taigun as compared to the Skoda Kushaq. Also, VW has the ability to differentiate within the Taigun range with a "GT Line", which gives them more pricing flexibility. Skoda does not have a separate line like that (none of the engines are powerful enough to be called an RS line). This now makes me believe that Skoda may not go below 10 lakh mark for the Kushaq and instead start it off at 10.5 or 10.99 lakhs for the base variant. They will leave the 9.99 starting price positioning to VW when the Taigun arrives.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 9th June 2021 at 12:51.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2021, 13:02   #726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
Yes, Kushaq’s 1.5 TSI motor will get the brilliant ACT as confirmed by Zac in an old tweet. This will make this engine the most fuel efficient in its segment.
Latest Tweet from Zac, confirming the same!

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-screenshot_20210609125549__01.jpg
sampadroy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2021, 11:09   #727
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda Kushaq's deliveries to start in mid-July.

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-1.jpg
Old 14th June 2021, 01:59   #728
BHPian

I spoke to the sales team lead of a Skoda dealer in Bangalore to check on the Kushaq and it’s availability. I’m specifically interested in the top of the line variant for the 1.5 manual and below are the details I got from him:

Price release around June 25

Price they are expecting for the 1.5 litre top variant car:

ex showroom of 17-18 lakhs for the manual
ex showroom of 19-20 lakhs for the DSG

I’ve already booked the Creta in the first week Feb (diesel manual SXO). The wait time coupled with the resignation/subsequent departure of my sales consultant at Hyundai (he was an acquaintance of my trusted SA) and the apathetic nature of his replacement has lead me to seriously consider cancelling the booking and look at the Kushaq. But if the prices quoted by the skoda sales person end up being realistic then I doubt I would consider it.
Dhananjay_Desai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 04:05   #729
BHPian

This is make or break for Skoda, they make great vehicles but hardly do the kind of numbers that they are targeting (5% market share). This product has everything in it to take the pie right from cars like nexon all the way to harrier and everyone else in the middle. But they need to get the price right. They need to have a basic model coming under 10L, and they need to keep top model under around 18L. That way they can eat a huge chunk of the market while still keeping the perceived quality of Skoda alive.
armaan_singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 08:09   #730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhananjay_Desai View Post
I spoke to the sales team lead of a Skoda dealer in Bangalore to check on the Kushaq and it’s availability. I’m specifically interested in the top of the line variant for the 1.5 manual and below are the details I got from him:

Price release around June 25

Did he mention the expected prices for the 1.0 TSI? Seems like the 1.5, especially with the DSG combination, could be pricier, assuming your dealer has got it fairly right.

If Skoda needs to get volumes here on the Kushaq, I suspect the 1.0 would have to do the bulk of the sales. For that, they will have to go more aggressive on the pricing on that, if their strategy is to give the 1.5 a more premium price tag.
Old 14th June 2021, 08:13   #731
Senior - BHPian

Skoda shouldn't aim high price for the 1.5 Kushaq.

They are establishing themselves in the market with Skoda VW Project 2.0, they are bringing lots of products to increase market share, and if they are serious about it, they should get launch prices of each product right. They already messed the prices of Octavia few days back, now the Kushaq is a bigger player for them.

Creta 1.4 SX(O) Turbo DCT tops at 17.67 lakhs ex-showroom. Skoda should price that 1.5 Kushaq Top Spec DSG at +15/20k at max. If not, I see that variant being discontinued within 1st Year due to less demand which inturn is due to high pricing.

While people usually don't buy a Top Spec DSG, that price itself will make them look at other cars, even if they intend to buy a Manual version of that car. Yes, that's how Indian's pretend when they are looking for a car.

Anyway, launch is not too far and we'll get to know the reality. Skoda you have good product in hand, Hyundai got away with premium pricing for Creta, but same won't be applicable to you.
CarguyNish is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 09:10   #732
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Skoda shouldn't aim high price for the 1.5 Kushaq.

They are establishing themselves in the market with Skoda VW Project 2.0, they are bringing lots of products to increase market share, and if they are serious about it, they should get launch prices of each product right. They already messed the prices of Octavia few days back, now the Kushaq is a bigger player for them.
Well that may be really impossible for Skoda in the current stage. Reason being that the 1.5 TSI engine is an imported engine, with very little localization. Also even the DSG gearbox for the Auto variant in also imported. So put together a imported Engine + Imported Gearbox, you would easily see a jump of over 3-4 lacs in the car price. But what Skoda should do is to add some other goodies to the car like a Digital Driver display and some nice black Alloy wheels, a Dual Tone Roof (With a Panoramic sunroof!) and make it like a special edition Monte Carlo edition to differentiate it from the masses. That way people may still be willing to pay the 18 Lacs ex showroom price for the car.
The 1.0 TSI engine is localized and the also so is the TC Auto gearbox and both of these are being used in the Rapid too where they have shown that they can be very aggressive on the price point. But still the difference remains that the Rapid is a 10 year old car, whose tool cost would have been amortized long time back, whereas Kushaq is a new car, where Tool cost Amortization would also need to be factored in to recover their investments.
I feel that Skoda will be competitive with the 1.0 TSI variants (even with Auto TC box) , but the 1.5 TSI and the 1.5 TSI DSG versions will surely be only for enthusiasts and will be on the upper end of the 15-19 lacs scale.
Anyway, I don't think it is too long before the car is unveiled and the mystery will be over! But to me it would be prudent for Skoda to take this approach.

Last edited by Behemoth : 14th June 2021 at 09:12.
Behemoth is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 09:48   #733
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
So put together a imported Engine + Imported Gearbox, you would easily see a jump of over 3-4 lacs in the car price.
Agreed, but this strategy reminds me of an old failure - the SCross 1.6.

The 1.0 + TC gearbox combination is competent, localized and likely to be more reliable. I doubt our market will pay a heavy premium just for a superior powertrain - unless justified with variant combinations and features.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 10:17   #734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM1706 View Post
Did he mention the expected prices for the 1.0 TSI?
No, sorry. He seemed fairly confident on the price for 1.5 TSI but did not say anything about the 1.0 TSI. I did ask him and his response was they are not sure on the pricing strategy of the 1.0 .

Maybe as Behemoth mentioned, the 1.5 would probably be targeted for particular customers and so the prices can more or less be guessed. But the 1.0 TSI being localised maybe priced by looking at the interest and market feedback maybe? What other reason can they have for keeping the price release date till so late?
Dhananjay_Desai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 10:23   #735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhananjay_Desai View Post

That is a good price for Kushaq Monte Carlo variant but not Style. They can't sell 1.5L+DSG top variant in big numbers anyway. Monte Carlo variant should have been launched with dual tone, bigger wheels, sporty interior etc. for the people who are ready to pay more than 20L.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks