Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2021, 20:01   #466
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscosity View Post
Is this really true ? Do companies have no control on getting their vehicles selected for a GNCAP ? Can't companies encourage or express their interest to GNCAP to test their vehicles ?
I thought they could sponsor a car for GNCAP and that is what I believe Tata did for the Nexon. So I find the response from Zac to be an evasive one. Maybe someone should Tag GNCAP on the same tweet and ask them to clarify
vsrivatsa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th March 2021, 20:08   #467
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Is public interest already started fading? We had multiple pages of discussions every day and we can see that it has reduced now to 1 page a day in last 3 days. That is a good sign!
Everyone waiting for the price unveil. This thread will again explode post that.
AZT is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th March 2021, 21:50   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I thought they could sponsor a car for GNCAP and that is what I believe Tata did for the Nexon. So I find the response from Zac to be an evasive one. Maybe someone should Tag GNCAP on the same tweet and ask them to clarify
Great idea of Tagging GNCAP. Hopefully someone reading this message & having a good twitter following can do this favor to get some fun started ?

I personally think his reply is not just an evasive reply but it may actually be a misleading one and also a factually incorrect statement. Hence i was asking if someone who has more knowledge on this GNCAP process can corroborate his statement.

Also,we know THAR was tested around the launch time itself. Going by his logic, does it mean GNCAP did a huge favor to THAR buyers by testing it so early on their own and without Mahindra having any role to play in it ? If they know Kushaq is a safe car, shouldn't they try to get it GNCAP tested as soon as possible rather than saying they don't have any control on the process ?
viscosity is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th March 2021, 11:28   #469
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda Kushaq's Monte Carlo Edition likely to debut a year after launching the standard model of Kushaq.

Quote:
- Kushaq is scheduled to launch in June 2021, with deliveries starting a month later.

- Rapid gets a Monte Carlo Edition with visual updates for Rs 30,000 in India.

- In Europe, the Kamiq SUV comes with a Monte Carlo Edition.

- The Kamiq Monte Carlo may be a source of inspiration for Kushaq.
Quote:
In India too, Tornado Red colour can be given with black highlights in this special edition of Kushaq. Treatment of black and red colour will not only be seen in its interior but also according to Indian Customers, options of two different themes and some extra can be given. Features such as a powered driver seat, digital instrument cluster, large panoramic sunroof or glass roof can be offered in the Kushaq Monte Carlo Edition.
Link
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th March 2021, 11:35   #470
Distinguished - BHPian

Apart from the five colours at the time of unveil, Skoda Kushaq will be available in Black Colour at the time of launch

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-smartselect_20210327113421_twitter.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 27th March 2021 at 11:39.
Venkatesh is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 27th March 2021, 15:59   #471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Apart from the five colours at the time of unveil, Skoda Kushaq will be available in Black Colour at the time of launch ]
Fail to understand that as a business leader and representative of a particular brand, why should Zac be de- selling anything that comes out of the Skoda factory, even if it is something as minor as a colour variant (black). If not convinced, don't launch it. But don't go around pointing out it's flaws.
MarutiGuy1977 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2021, 19:25   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Apart from the five colours at the time of unveil, Skoda Kushaq will be available in Black Colour at the time of launch

Attachment 2137432

Link
He goes on to criticize the color and even suggests an alternative. Might he have mean't to say that there would be no black color at launch?
Nexusios1521 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2021, 20:32   #473
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2137432

Link
May be a typo!!! He just missed a word "no". Instead of "no black color at launch", it became "black color at launch".
headbanger is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th March 2021, 01:01   #474

He might be correct. The first car they test is selected by GNCAP as I understand.

Quote:
How does Global NCAP select cars for test?
The cars to be tested are bought by the agency from a showroom. Global NCAP uses cars in base trim for the test and the idea is to establish a baseline level of safety a buyer gets even on the most affordable version of a car. Carmakers, however, are allowed and encouraged to send an improved or higher-spec car with more safety features for an additional crash test and rating too. The Tata Zest, Volkswagen Polo and Honda Mobilio have been tested twice, while the Renault Kwid has been tested four times since 2016.
Source : https://www.autocarpro.in/news-natio...-to-know-44534
Old 28th March 2021, 01:05   #475

Ive heard, that from a from a manufacturing perspective black paint is also the most difficult to execute (prone to paint dust, air bubbles,etc leading to high rejection). Might be that they don't want to commit to a timeline on that. Undercommit - Overdeliver !
Old 28th March 2021, 19:32   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
May be a typo!!! He just missed a word "no". Instead of "no black color at launch", it became "black color at launch".
Yes. That's correct. Clarified by Zac
Attached Images

skarthiksr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th March 2021, 19:37   #477
BHPian

The test drive event will happen in June. A bit too far away I think.

Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-screenshot_202103281934592.png
abhishek_hch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2021, 22:19   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek_hch View Post
The test drive event will happen in June. A bit too far away I think.

Attachment 2138013
Just hope that its in first week of june and not last week of june. Otherwise Skoda is really testing the patience of its potential customers.
Old 29th March 2021, 07:58   #479
Senior - BHPian

A friend visited me in his Yeti yesterday and we checked our parking space constraints and we could park it after couple of try. Overall dimensions of Kushaq is close to Yeti.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview-img_20210329_075151.jpg  

Latheesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 08:40   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
A friend visited me in his Yeti yesterday and we checked our parking space constraints and we could park it after couple of try. Overall dimensions of Kushaq is close to Yeti.
With all due respect, apart from the length - Kushaq doesn't even come close to Yeti in dimensions. It's too short and too narrow !
rahulvv is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks