Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2021, 18:23   #1
BHPian

Additional contactless DL related services introduced

Team,

Certain services regarding Driving License and Certificate of Registration have been made completely online. Now these services can be availed without going to RTO. With Aadhaar authentication, on voluntary basis, anyone can get the benefit of these contactless services.

This will reduce the compliance burden on citizens, helping them to avail these services in a hassle free, contact less manner. This will also reduce the footfall in the RTO office, which will further increase efficiency of the RTO offices as well.

The website can be accessed through this link

The list of services are as below.
Attached Thumbnails
Additional contactless DL related services introduced-image1.png  

Y@SH is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 11:13   #2
BHPian

Re: Additional contactless DL related services introduced

Just yesterday, I applied for a duplicate driving license online, since my older one has cracked.

The entire process took under 10 minutes to apply and the process was quite seamless (as long as you successfully reach the right website: https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/sar...teSelection.do)
The details were also pre-filled based on driving license number. One of the options to apply for a driving license was also change in photograph.

On a side note, it was more cumbersome to apply for Kotak net banking than to apply for a duplicate driving license.
hridaygandhi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 11:58   #3
BHPian

Re: Additional contactless DL related services introduced

Update on RTO Online Service for Duplicate DL

I wanted to check which step the application has reached, and to my surprise, it showed "Upload photo and signature pending" which was done while applying itself.

When I reached the screen to upload them, the uploaded photo and signature (done while applying) were already visible. Nonetheless, re-uploaded the signature and the photo (which have to be under 500 pixels and 20 kb) and hit process.

I suppose the website will take time to become more reliable, the process reminiscent of the older IRCTC website.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks