Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Ford EcoSport with or without the Tailgate mounted Spare wheel. Which one looks better ?
The tailgate mounted Spare wheel looks good. Should have retained it ! 540 77.47%
The new clean look of the tailgate devoid of the spare looks better. 92 13.20%
Both are ok. Frankly I cant see the difference ! 65 9.33%
Voters: 697. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2021, 16:05   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport SE variant dealer dispatches begin; no tailgate-mounted spare

Another lame ad attempt by Ford.

Ford EcoSport SE variant dealer dispatches begin; no tailgate-mounted spare-d58e287503614fd4964c12915d6eda64.jpeg
CEF_Beasts is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 17:06   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lina View Post
The ecosport line up is a total mess. One of the reasons I am waiting for the kushaq/taigun twins is because of the confusing line up that ecosport has. Otherwise, I would have gone for this car.

The S version has weird orange colouring inside which I do not want. It is only available in manual.
However, the S variant is the only one with ISOFIX and top tether anchor points.

The Titanium+ model comes in automatic and non-funky interiors but does not have ISOFIX points.

What is the logic in any of this? Also, casual buyers will miss out on important safety features for no fault of theirs.
As an EcoSport TDCI owner for more than 7 years, I would say it is still the king in terms of build and driving dynamics in its segment. However, as much as Ford or we EcoSport lovers try, we can't deny the fact that it is now showing it's age. I'd say wait for Kushaq and Taigun, they might offer a better overall package. But if your major requirement is the most fun to drive compact SUV with a sorted steering this side of 20 Lacs, the EcoSport still remains the top choice IMO.
It would be useful if early EcoSport owners can comment on their experience with the facelifted EcoSport because while checking out a relative's facelift one, I somehow felt that the doors didn't had the same heft as those of the original model. It could be a result of cost cutting or me being simply paranoid.

Last edited by Lowflyer23 : 2nd March 2021 at 17:18.
Lowflyer23 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 20:28   #123
Senior - BHPian

My assessment of this “new” launch is : Stock Clearance.
New and improved Ecosport to come in a few months time according to my sources.
gsferrari is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 20:42   #124
BHPian

How can it be stock clearance when they are deleting a feature? Do you guys mean they have more car frames than wheels and to clear the stock they are giving cars without spare wheel? I really doubt if that's the case.

What I think is, Ford is doing some sort of market research to see whether customers will accept a non-tailgate mounted version when they launch the facelift Ecosport. The facelift is definitely in the works as seen from various scoops and it may make sense to delete the tailgate mounted spare wheel to save some cost by designing a weaker/vertically opening hatch. They probably want to know whether potential customers will be ok with it or will they reject this model and prefer the regular Ecosport style. If that's the case, I think it's a good strategy because it's better to try and fail in the outgoing model than gamble with the facelift and loose all sales.
nagr22 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 20:48   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari View Post
Sir, you might be correct in your own way. But its very hard to agree with this statement, as waiting period for Ecosport is more than a month. They are not even offering any discounts and willing to lose business at dealer level if we stress on discounts. I've checked with multiple dealers in Bangalore.
ramki.grandhi is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 21:16   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari View Post
New and improved Ecosport to come in a few months time according to my sources.
This is not stock clearance. The new Ecosport will not come before the end of 2022 (Brazil launch first) and Ford needs to do something to keep the Ecosport relevant in a very crowded sub 4m crossover market now.

The move to add features to the Titanium spec. was great and this variant under 10L ex showroom is super value for money and a great buy today.

The SE variant move although controversial is definitely getting media space and people are talking about the Ecosport again (good or bad doesn't matter as this move isn't going to lose them sales).

This is only a variant and I honestly don't understand the hate people are giving Ford since the regular variant with the tailgate mounted spare is anyway still going to be available, so if your are considering the Ecosport you can choose the variant you want !
fiat_tarun is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 21:26   #127
Senior - BHPian

So finally we'll get to see lot's of dented tailgates in the Ecosport. The wheel was acting like an 'airbag' shielding the tailgate from minor dings. The tailgate mounted spare had become a hall mark of the Ecosport. Will also become that much difficult to check air pressure in the spare.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 2nd March 2021 at 21:28.
Durango Dude is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 21:31   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
This is not stock clearance. The new Ecosport will not come before the end of 2022 (Brazil launch first) and Ford needs to do something to keep the Ecosport relevant in a very crowded sub 4m crossover market now.

---- --
Ford exits Brazil market .The future of gen next EcoSport is unknown as of now.

Link (After more than a century, Ford ends production in Brazil!)
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 21:55   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Ford exits Brazil market .The future of gen next EcoSport is unknown as of now.

Link (After more than a century, Ford ends production in Brazil!)
Only manufacturing has been stopped at Brazil. Their sales and product development centre continues and the Brazil market will be catered to with imports from their other production locations.
fiat_tarun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 21:58   #130
Kln
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
So finally we'll get to see lot's of dented tailgates in the Ecosport. The wheel was acting like an 'airbag' shielding the tailgate from minor dings. The tailgate mounted spare had become a hall mark of the Ecosport. Will also become that much difficult to check air pressure in the spare.
The new SE variant has no spare wheel. Instead, as per new norms, it will have TPMS, and a puncture kit.
Kln is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 22:26   #131
BHPian

Is it an experiment to get market response on Ecosport without tailgate mounted spare wheel ? Probably they're not considering it for next gen Ford Ecosport and would like to get public opinion by having both the options available.

IMHO and as an owner of Ecosport, this is one of the USP which helps Ford Ecosport to stand apart in the most crowded segment.
Old 3rd March 2021, 08:34   #132
BHPian

What a dumb choice. That tail mounted spare was the signature design of the Ecosport which made it the best looking among all the cars in the segment. Without that it is visible that our ecosport is just a cut short version of the ecosport in the brazilian market or elsewhere.

This was exactly the problem of the xuv 300, such an unbelievably ugly side profile in an otherwise brilliant car.

That spare wheel managed to hide that imbalance very well. But now it will be very evident. Maybe not as bad as the xuv300, but still very much visible.
SaiSW is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 08:41   #133
Senior - BHPian

Since it's about looks, voted for both are ok. I owned one from June 2013 with the spare and I don't see the looks as an issue. Not having a spare is a bummer tho!
Nilesh5417 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 09:01   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Funny take! But you are Durango, it will be easier to check air pressure, because there is no spare at all.

Voted for option 1. I loved the ecosport just for the butch looks due to the rear mounted spare. Also the new alloy design was hottt !

Last edited by Raghuwire : 3rd March 2021 at 09:03.
Raghuwire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 09:08   #135
Senior - BHPian

While I definitely prefer the design with the spare wheel (it is after all the signature look of the car which lends it a butch character), I have no issues with Ford offering this variant. This is only a variant and if a customer prefers the cleaner look, then why not offer him that possibility? The tailgate with wheel mounted will anyway continue to be available, so there is no problem for either sets of customers.
arindambasu13 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks