Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2021, 17:25   #16
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
re: The BS6 Isuzu MU-X, now launched at 33.23 lakh

It is overpriced by atleast 5-6 lakhs if not more. I don't know what justifies the price difference between v cross and this car. For a couple more lakhs(which will be more than recovered at the time of resale), one can buy fortuner with 500 NMs of torque and excellent after sales support and gangster image. God bless Isuzu India.
DonHyd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th May 2021, 18:05   #17
BHPian

I think the 3 liter version in 2021/22 Thailand avatar is worth a wait. It will then be a level playing field, except for the dealer/service network ofcourse.
Attached Thumbnails
The BS6 Isuzu MU-X, now launched at 33.23 lakh-2021isuzumuxfront6.jpg  

The BS6 Isuzu MU-X, now launched at 33.23 lakh-2021isuzumuxthailandspec3.jpg  

niruvrs9669 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th May 2021, 18:24   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

This is ridiculous pricing. The interior is exactly the same as the D-Max V-Cross launched in 2016 at 12.5 lakhs and the MuX launched in 2017 at around 26 lakhs. At that time, the MUX at least had a larger and more powerful engine than the V-Cross. Now, both cars have ancient interiors, an underpowered engine compared to class rivals and paltry features compared to the competition.

Picture of the interior of the "new 2021"MUX from the Isuzu India web-site.

It even comes with the old 7 inch touchscreen - it must be the smallest touch screen in this and at least 2 lower segments.
Attached Images

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 10th May 2021 at 18:25.
84.monsoon is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th May 2021, 18:50   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Here are the prices of the updated BS6 Isuzu MU-X

4x2 Auto: Rs 33.23 lakh
4x4 Auto: Rs 35.19 lakh Ex-showroom.

Attachment 2154085
I am literally right now.

What is Isuzu thinking, they seem to be in self destruct mode. The only reason someone would buy the MUX over the Fortuner is the price, now with that no more being the point of contention, they can bid this car a good bye from India soon.
humyum is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2021, 19:06   #20
BHPian

I think Isuzu must have read somewhere about India's favourite "ek ke saath ek free!!" model. That's what they have to follow pretty soon when the inventories start piling up at the distributor end. Jokes aside, without heavy discounts it will be almost impossible to sell.
If it was with the 3.0 it still might have been an alternate to the 2.0 Endeavour but now its just dead on arrival.
racer_7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2021, 20:16   #21
BHPian

As per the website, it is a 3-litre version only.

https://www.isuzu.in/news/isuzu-laun...-suv-in-india/

The mu-X is powered by the 3.0 litre ISUZU Ddi VGS Turbo Hi-Power engine which gives a maximum power output of 130 kW (177 PS) and a maximum torque of 380 Nm with a superior flat torque curve. The mu-X will be available in both 4×2 and 4×4 variants with a 5 speed sequential shift Automatic Transmission. The 4×4 variant sports a ‘shift-on-the-fly’ 4×4 select dial for an excellent off-roading capability.
hok kolorob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2021, 21:10   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hok kolorob View Post
As per the website, it is a 3-litre version only.

https://www.isuzu.in/news/isuzu-laun...-suv-in-india/

The mu-X is powered by the 3.0 litre ISUZU Ddi VGS Turbo Hi-Power engine which gives a maximum power output of 130 kW (177 PS) and a maximum torque of 380 Nm with a superior flat torque curve. The mu-X will be available in both 4×2 and 4×4 variants with a 5 speed sequential shift Automatic Transmission. The 4×4 variant sports a ‘shift-on-the-fly’ 4×4 select dial for an excellent off-roading capability.
You must be seeing the previous version details.
Both the website and the brochure says it is a 1.9L engine.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ISUZU-mu-X.pdf (11.64 MB, 329 views)
starter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2021, 22:46   #23
BHPian

Quote:

4x2 Auto: Rs 33.23 lakh
4x4 Auto: Rs 35.19 lakh Ex-showroom.
To be frank, this car is not going to win any beauty competitions against the Fortuner or the Endeavour. What it could have won was a price competition, but with these prices, the Isuzu MU-X is obviously dead-on-arrival. Had they launched the Thailand version at these prices, they would've had a fair chance. And why did they not differentiate the front fascia of the MU-X from the D-Max? With this face the MU-X looks more utilitarian and agrarian than the Fortuner and the Endeavour, both of which look more modern and luxurious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niruvrs9669 View Post
I think the 3 liter version in 2021/22 Thailand avatar is worth a wait. It will then be a level playing field, except for the dealer/service network ofcourse.
True that!
Miel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2021, 09:01   #24
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: The BS6 Isuzu MU-X, now launched at 33.23 lakh

Quote:
Doesn't make a difference whether Isuzu launches the MU-X in a lockdown or not, because no one is buying it anyway . You know who I feel bad for? Their dealers who will be saddled with stock of a 40-lakh SUV they simply can't sell. I wouldn't even recommend this SUV at the inevitable 5-lakh rupee discounts that will come soon. There are so many better options in the market.
GTO is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 11th May 2021, 20:07   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
If am not wrong, this BS6 version is powered by the same engine as in the V-Cross - 1.9L
Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
You must be seeing the previous version details.
Both the website and the brochure says it is a 1.9L engine.
This DODO is dead on arrival thanks to the short shortsightedness of this company in India. They may as well just pack up and leave. This engine doesn't make torque until 2000 rpm. A fully loaded MUX will be so turbo-laggy !!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
You know who I feel bad for? Their dealers who will be saddled with stock of a 40-lakh SUV they simply can't sell.
These poor chaps have been sitting and swatting flies for over a year since the BS-6 Norms came into effect. I have no clue how they pay their rent and salaries depending on this stupid company. I feel the dealers should dump Isuzu and take a Kia dealership or something.

Last edited by 4x4addict : 11th May 2021 at 20:14.
4x4addict is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 12th May 2021, 23:36   #26
BHPian

I wonder how could Isuzu be so optimistic in pricing the MU-X .
Sure, it may be a capable 4x4 but with low brand presence, 2013s interiors and limited dealer network, the indian consumer would simply choose a fortuner 4x4 .

With the newer generation already on sale in Thailand, this car is long in the tooth now.
Isuzu should know that the indian consumer is smart and demands latest offerings.
Storme5257 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2021, 12:28   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
These poor chaps have been sitting and swatting flies for over a year since the BS-6 Norms came into effect. I have no clue how they pay their rent and salaries depending on this stupid company. I feel the dealers should dump Isuzu and take a Kia dealership or something.
What I've noticed, could be wrong, is that there are hardly any standalone Isuzu dealers. Most of them have other major dealerships and the Isuzu shops are just a small outlet that incurs minimal expenses. Also most of them hardly have any inventory, just the solitary display/test drive car - one each of V Cross and MUX.

Anyway, this is not a sustainable business model for anyone and unless they get their act together they cant remain in business for long.
autotranny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2021, 12:43   #28
BHPian

Not sure why we are failing to understand that Isuzu is primarily a commercial vehicle manufacturer, and passenger vehicles just seems afterthought. Maybe the margins are not high in d-max range (including s-cab), but from what I have seen, it seems Isuzu dealers move considerable volume of commercial vehicles each month. And mostly there is only one dealer per major city or economic hub, so its not like they are spread wafer-thin. As a customer, I have seen that their operations are very lean, and their workshops are filled with 10s and 10s of d-max and s-cabs
Comrade is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2021, 12:43   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme5257 View Post
I wonder how could Isuzu be so optimistic in pricing the MU-X
Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
Anyway, this is not a sustainable business model for anyone and unless they get their act together they cant remain in business for long.
Given their approach towards the Indian market, I am sure they are not here to break any grounds. Rather, this seems to be more of a "checkbox" being ticked in terms of geo presence, as mandated by some top honcho in Isuzu management. I cannot think of any other rational explanation to this.

Last edited by cool_dube : 13th May 2021 at 12:44.
cool_dube is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2021, 18:55   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Given their approach towards the Indian market, I am sure they are not here to break any grounds. Rather, this seems to be more of a "checkbox" being ticked in terms of geo presence, as mandated by some top honcho in Isuzu management. I cannot think of any other rational explanation to this.
Actually, its not just India - their home market, Japan still gets the same MuX as we do. Only Thailand gets the new one, and possibly Malaysia too. Whilst I don't clearly understand their business rationale, I'm just hoping that a change happens sooner than later. Till then we can swoon over the latest iterations from Thailand.
Attached Thumbnails
The BS6 Isuzu MU-X, now launched at 33.23 lakh-vcross.jpg  

autotranny is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks