Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2021, 10:14   #16
BHPian

Re: Ford rejigs Figo, Aspire & Freestyle variants...yet again!

Ford clearly seems to have lost interest in the Indian market (did they ever have any?). How else do you explain a brand which has so many desirable models globally (Fiesta, Fusion, Escape, Edge, Explorer being in my list of desirable designs) work as a Tier 3 player in India ?

Both Toyota and Ford have always remained step motherly in their treatment of the Indian market. Now with Honda trying hard to join this elite club, I wonder what choices do we have left. I know this topic has been discussed endlessly on this forum but unfortunately it still remains a mystery to me ! Oh well ..
JayKavadi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 12:22   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Time for Ford India to wake up and smell the coffee!

-All variants of the Figo, Aspire, Freestyle and EcoSport need the Sync 3 system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Heck cheaper cars get it.
-Figo, Aspire, Freestyle and EcoSport need a major update/facelift.
-No need to add/delete variants every 6 months!
-Endeavour needs the 2L bi-turbo immediately.

Such fabulous cars like the Figo, Aspire are not able to sell because Ford is not interested in making changes to them. Just variants re-jigs isn’t going to get you somewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
That would be update no. 1/10 for 2021.

The Titanium which started as the top model in Ford's line up has now become like a base model with so many deletions of features every few months. It doe not get Automatic Climate Control and Rear Wiper.

Ford should come up with an app where you enter the Model, Model Year & Month and Engine Variant and the app should tell you what features you are getting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Are they doing it on purpose to keep the "internet pulse"(google searches & social media interactions) beating on brand Ford in India?

If a kind soul can list in a spreadsheet every feature each model had at every time period, he should be given the Nobel Prize equivalent of the car community.
All these pointers are very valid and Ford needs to work these ASAP to survive here and the feature shuffle has been from a long time and more so in the recent years. If Ford confuses customers every month, I'm afraid that Ford will shut shop in India soon. Feature consistency and wide product range is the need to the hour. Also, AT(petrol and diesel) are more of a necessity these days

They can bring in their global cars such as Edge and Kuga with 1.5 or 2.0 engines and these can turn tables for Ford.

For the last quote, that dude will go bonkers because by the time you book the car and by the time you get your car delivered, you'll realize that some feature has been added or removed and the poor SA can't be blamed in such a scenario because he himself will not know the "dynamic" decisions made by Ford as Ford diligently follows in the disclaimer statement "specifications and features are subject to change without notice it's present in the EcoSport brochure.

I was in the same scenario 3 years ago but each time I drive my car, it negates that sour experience I had and I got to learn a lot more on how to negotiate .Not everyone would be crazy enough to get what they want without giving up
jithin23 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 11:52   #18
BHPian

A clear sign that Ford is not interested in selling these models in India and with few or no upcoming lineup of launches their commitment to India is highly debatable. Usually when financial results are not in favor for a long time we see some re-orgs in corporates. But Ford didn't even do that when they had a chance post nullifying Mahindra/Ford JV. Clearly their intent is to not put in much time and effort in India.

I am quite disappointed by their recent outlook specially when they did make some good decisions around bringing down service costs and longer factory warranty. They definitely make good sturdy cars which are reliable too. Would be quite sad to see them leave, but the inevitable is going to happen sooner or later.
Old 6th April 2021, 13:35   #19

I went to look at the Figo Petrol about 3 weeks back. The person said Ford has the Ambiente variant only in the price list and it is not sold. So only the Titanium and Tiranium Blu variants are available.
Old 6th April 2021, 15:01   #20
BHPian

Why ford is not trying an elongated version of ecosport platform to provide an alternative MPV ( a comfortable 3 seater) to Ertiga, XL6? This can show some interests from the common pool of buyers other than ford lovers or just enthusiasts alone. Look at Renault with Triber they have created some segment for themselves in sub 4m with sheer VFM. Is ford even thinking about this? They are in India for quite good number of years and they cannot follow somebody's trails to establish themselves.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks