Smartkey 236 54.50%
Smartphone App 21 4.85%
Wearable Band 22 5.08%
Other (please specify in your post) 5 1.15%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 433. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2021, 13:54   #61
BHPian

Re: Conventional vs Flippy Key vs Smartkey vs App vs Band | Your preference?

Voted for the smart key.

While the conventional/ flipkey may not appear trendy and modern, the wrist band would take away the freedom to wear watches of one's own choice or even appear overdone , even as the app based smartphone control would infact disconnect the user from the vehicle.

A smart key just fits the bill.
Old 12th February 2021, 22:06   #62
BHPian

Anytime for the smartkey , you get in the car with the push of request button, just come out and lock it, it's so convenient. There is no need to worry to get locked outside when your keys are inside, the new car sensors are too smart, looks like the manufacturers have thought about every possible scenario. Also to add switching off the car with the press of a button in traffic is God sent!

I have had my share of the good old conventional metal keys, but after a couple of years, the wear and tear takes the sheen out of the key.
Old 18th February 2021, 19:56   #63
BHPian

How did I not think of this. Conventional or flippy keys just for their application as an improvised weapon in case, god forbid, we need it. The roads are a dangerous place and a key can inflict a lot of pain to someone for long enough to escape or buy us a few seconds in a life and death situation.. Call me immature but I just watched a mob lynching except, the mob was just watching. Life over anything.
Old 18th February 2021, 20:03   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viXit View Post
The roads are a dangerous place and a key can inflict a lot of pain to someone for long enough to escape or buy us a few seconds in a life and death situation.. Call me immature but I just watched a mob lynching except, the mob was just watching. Life over anything.

I sincerely suggest you please don’t ever think on those lines. God forbid but if you encounter situation like this with say goons, please surrender and cooperate. This may buy more time and life. For road rage again try to diffuse situation instead of showing any kind of aggression. If at fault, plead, beg or cry but no arguments, leave aside any fight.

Last edited by Wanderers : 18th February 2021 at 20:06.
Wanderers is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 20:09   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
I sincerely suggest you please don’t ever think on those line. God forbid but if you encounter situation like this with say goons, please surrender and cooperate. This may buy more time and life. For road rage again try to diffuse situation instead of showing any kind of aggression. If at fault, plead, beg or cry but no arguments, leave aside any fight.
I understand and mean it only as an absolute last resort.

I was probably not in the right frame of mind. The incident I just learnt of, wasn't one which could have been de-escalated. They were out to kill them.

I have read ajmat's whole thread on de-escalation and keep going back to keep things fresh in my mind. You can never be too safe.

Only as an absolute last resort.
I sincerely thank you for your concern. I will definitely keep this in mind sir.

Last edited by viXit : 18th February 2021 at 20:10.
viXit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2021, 11:35   #66
BHPian

I always loved BMW 530i SPORT display key. I also noticed few key conversion videos, but they were mostly US/non-India regions .

Came across this, It's from accessory shop in India.

mytbhp_turbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2023, 13:55   #67
BHPian

Very old thread, but I have a question which seems like it belongs here.
Is there anyway, we could retrofit an app for a car key?
I have an incorrigible habit of losing keys and wallets and licences. Digilocker/MParivahan saved the licences, and gpay/Fastag the wallet.

The home keys are now number pad ones...would love to have something like that on the car. Is there anything like that in the market?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks