Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2024, 17:12   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Vehicle scrappage policy - Impact on Delhi-NCR cars?

The Apex Court appears to be now concerned about the real polluters. There is now a wake up call to target the real culprit after nearly a decade. Thousands of fit cars and bikes have been sacrificed due to unreasonable orders only considering the age factor earlier in 2016, by the NGT and in 2018 by the SC.

Link for the latest update:-

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india...790770707.html
Old 3rd October 2024, 18:29   #107
Team-BHP Support

Re: Vehicle scrappage policy - Impact on Delhi-NCR cars?

The biggest culprit in my opinion is Trucks entering in Delhi. In my opinion, a lot of businesses in Delhi still work on wholesale model i.e material is received in transition Delhi Markets, especially Old Delhi and then redistributed across other states. One can easily see such trucks in Sabji Mandi/ Ajmeri gate areas.

So, we see movement of goods both coming in and then going out of Delhi. This can be avoided. Such wholesalers must move outside Delhi and only smaller EV trucks should be allowed inside Delhi to cater for local consumption in Delhi.

Same for buses, we need to upgrade to EV's on all public infrastructure. High capacity premium buses should be deployed on point to point routes like Guragon/ Noida to New Delhi Airport/ Railway station so people can checkin at such satellite terminals and travel on public conveyance rather than taking their own cars.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks