Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2021, 16:55   #1
Senior - BHPian

Autobahn Skoda is no longer an authorised dealer in Mumbai

Autobahn Enterprises Private Limited is no longer the authorized dealer of Skoda India. As a result, retail and after sales services have ceased from January 26, 2021.

Autobahn Skoda is no longer an authorised dealer in Mumbai-autoskoda.jpg

Skoda has sent out an email to customers to notify them regarding the closure of the dealership. The company has also asked customers to take the cars that had come in for aftersales service back.

Cars that are yet to be serviced will be shifted to the nearest dealership (Modi India Cars Pvt. Ltd.). The company has also requested permission for the same from the customers. Customers would also have to be present when their cars are being shifted.

Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!
TusharK is online now   (33) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 18:46   #2
BHPian

re: Autobahn Skoda is no longer an authorised dealer in Mumbai

Autobahn is also a Kia dealer in Mumbai.

My experience with Autobahn was very mixed: more negative like not giving invoices on time, saying IT systems were down more than once. Changing my Skoda Assure plan to a lower plan without my permission.

In a way, if Skoda has done this due to customer complaints, bravo Skoda!
Sidban85 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 19:23   #3
BHPian

Is this specific to Skoda or does it include VW as well?. I guess in both their workshops they have shared space for Skoda and VW. One a good note, Skoda seems to removing Deadwood. My personal Autobahn experience with VW has always been below par.
WhiteFang is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 19:36   #4
BHPian

Good riddance. Autobahn tried many tricks to hoodwink the family. Terrible, terrible dealer. All the good SAs left them 3-4 years ago.
andafunda is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 20:21   #5
BHPian

Is this applicable for all cities?
Old 27th January 2021, 22:44   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Personally liked Autobahn as a dealer when I had my Superb. The car gave various problems, but I did find the Autobahn team always proactive and built a good equation with them over time. Think it is probably Skoda’s loss that they have lost this dealer - but was probably obvious given that Autobahn Kia is just down the road from where Autobahn Skoda was, and with Skoda targeting the Seltos directly with the Kushaq, there probably was a choice that had to be made. Know that Modi has the JLR dealership - not sure what other brands they have.
Hayek is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 23:03   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
Personally liked Autobahn as a dealer when I had my Superb. The car gave various problems, but I did find the Autobahn team always proactive and built a good equation with them over time. Think it is probably Skoda's loss that they have lost this dealer - but was probably obvious given that Autobahn Kia is just down the road from where Autobahn Skoda was, and with Skoda targeting the Seltos directly with the Kushaq, there probably was a choice that had to be made. Know that Modi has the JLR dealership - not sure what other brands they have.
Agree!
I too had a similar experience and was fairly ok with their service center at sewri in the latter half of the ownership experience of the Laura.
But then again this was 3 years ago and as another member posted : most of the good guys left.

Modi seems to be a new and upcoming big player : I believe they have Honda and Hyundai too.
However, in my opinion, neither of these brands are known for stellar after sales service - so I would wait and watch how Modi Skoda works out.
lamborghini is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 00:06   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
Personally liked Autobahn as a dealer when I had my Superb. The car gave various problems, but I did find the Autobahn team always proactive and built a good equation with them over time. Think it is probably Skoda’s loss that they have lost this dealer - but was probably obvious given that Autobahn Kia is just down the road from where Autobahn Skoda was, and with Skoda targeting the Seltos directly with the Kushaq, there probably was a choice that had to be made. Know that Modi has the JLR dealership - not sure what other brands they have.
The new dealer is Mody Group not Modi - (Gautam & Vikram) who have JLR, Audi & MG amongst others. They are two different groups.

Yes Kia Autobahn will relocate to the Skoda location at Prabhadevi from Worli. While Mody has already opened their showroom at Worli close to the Ducati Service Centre.
milin is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 08:03   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Autobahn Skoda is no longer an authorised dealer in Mumbai

I have never liked Autobahn as a dealer, nor its promoters. Am happy to see Skoda severing ties with them. They conducted way too many malpractices.

Here is the email that Skoda sent out. Imagine being asked to move your car in the middle of a service. Only with Skoda . Couldn't they give like an advance notice or something? This has been planned for months now. Or tell Autobahn to stop accepting cars for service from 1st Jan?

Quote:
Subject: Regarding your ŠKODA vehicle
To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Valued Customer,

This is to bring to your attention that Autobahn Enterprises Private Limited will cease to be the authorized dealer of Skoda India (a Division of Skoda Auto Volkswagen India Pvt Ltd) with effect from 26th January 2021.

As per our records, we understand that your Skoda vehicle is presently lying at the dealership facility of Autobahn Enterprises Private Limited for after-sales services. In order to ensure that no duress or inconvenience is caused to you on account of the closure of Autobahn Enterprises Private Limited with effect from 26th January 2021, please note that we propose to transfer/shift your Skoda vehicle to Mody India Cars Private Limited (nearest dealership) for repair/ service of those Skoda vehicles which have not been repaired till 26th January 2021 and are presently lying for repair/service at the dealership facility of Autobahn Enterprises Private Limited.

Given the above, we seek your written consent to shift your car as mentioned above and request that such consent be provide in writing to us by communicating the same on xxx@skoda-vw.co.in within 31st January 2021. We also request your presence at the time of shifting the car to other workshop in order to ensure the condition of your car.

Further, in the event that you are not willing and agreeable to transfer/shift your Skoda vehicle to Mody India Cars Private Limited within the timelines indicated herein, we request that an email communicating such dissent also be duly provided to us in writing.

Warm regards,

Customer care|1800-123-090909

ŠKODA AUTO VOLKSWAGEN India Private Limited
GTO is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 10:23   #10
BHPian

Looks like they've been auto-banned.

Good riddance I say. Hated Autobahn VW, which is where I got my my cars serviced when they were in warranty.

Besides the usual useless service add-ons that were added without consent, they even attempted to change small parts on my car. Nothing major, thankfully. Stuff like swapping out my pristine rubber mats with torn ones.

Needless to say I shifted to my FNG as soon as the warranty ended.
mango_pal is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 31st January 2021, 14:52   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFang View Post
Is this specific to Skoda or does it include VW as well?. I guess in both their workshops they have shared space for Skoda and VW. One a good note, Skoda seems to removing Deadwood. My personal Autobahn experience with VW has always been below par.
A really good question! Had a word with a workshop representative from one of the Mumbai VW branches and this seems to be the case too (change has happened). The official reply that I got was "We are yet to receive more information on the same and will revert back to you". Good riddance I guess.
Old 1st February 2021, 12:35   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda Auto India has unveiled two workshop facilities today in Mumbai, in association with Mody Skoda, at Mahalaxmi and Kurla respectively.

Autobahn Skoda is no longer an authorised dealer in Mumbai-20210201_122417.jpg

Autobahn Skoda is no longer an authorised dealer in Mumbai-smartselect_20210201122412_chrome.jpg

Quote:
One of the new workshop facilities is strategically located at Mahalaxmi Bridge, Dr E. Moses Road, Mumbai, Maharashtra and covers 15,850 square feet. The workspace, equipped with 12 bays, has a capacity to service 4,600 Skoda vehicles per annum and has over 40 dedicated aftersales personnel.

The second workshop at 326, Mathuradas Vasanji Road, Bail Bazaar, Kurla West, Mumbai, Maharashtra covers 21,000 sq. ft. The workspace, equipped with 25 bays, has a capacity to serve 7,400 vehicles per annum, with more than 60 dedicated aftersales personnel.
Source
Old 4th February 2021, 12:25   #13
BHPian

Anyone here (Autobahn customers) who had bought their B2B service package? This was different from the one Skoda offered, and had additional coverage on service, spares and consumables.

I have written to Skoda India after reading this thread, in order to ask confirmation and as to what happens to the money paid to the dealer for this.

When I called Autobahn right now, they said it's "apparently some dispute and we are trying to resolve it." Kind of worried now, let's see what happens. Will keep you all posted if and when I receive any communication.

Cheers,
R_S
Old 10th February 2021, 11:48   #14
Senior - BHPian

Today morning I tried to book my service at Autobahn at their Goregaon workshop and was surprised to see that the numbers were not being answered. Searching the Skoda website, I saw that the dealership has been removed.

My personal experience with Autobahn Skoda ( Sewri / Kurla and Goregaon) has been actually quite decent. On the otherhand, my experience with Autobahn VW Goregaon Service Centre (it is next door) has been below par.

Lets see how the new folks are!

P.S: I'm surprised to have not received the communique on dealer closure.
MileCruncher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 12:19   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadie_swift View Post
Anyone here (Autobahn customers) who had bought their B2B service package? I have written to Skoda India after reading this thread, in order to ask confirmation and as to what happens to the money paid to the dealer for this.
So, after no response to mails and DMs, finally escalated on Twitter to Zac Hollis.

Was pleasantly surprised with his immediate response, I hope the rest of the team is as prompt as him.

Linking the tweet thread here - https://twitter.com/Zac_Hollis_/stat...902502400?s=19

In his email response to me Zac has unambiguously reassured that Skoda India will be honouring all service packages and extended warranties sold by the terminated dealer, and that they'll be calling me to explain this porting process.

Let's hope all goes smoothly. As someone who's only ever owned Marutis and Hondas in life, I knew owning a Skoda was going to be an adventure, but I didn't expect it to start this way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
My personal experience with Autobahn Skoda ( Sewri / Kurla and Goregaon) has been actually quite decent.

P.S: I'm surprised to have not received the communique on dealer closure.
Same for me - my experience with Autobahn too was quite decent. Also haven't received any prior comm from Skoda regarding closure of dealership. I think they only sent it to customers whose cars were at the service centre or who had confirmed service bookings at the time of termination of the dealership.

Will keep you all posted on future developments.

Cheers,
R_S

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks