Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2021, 01:29   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda City: Best selling mid-size sedan of 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoConsultant View Post
A. Looks - Although looks is a subjective matter, the new City is easily the best looking product in its segment (Verna is just over-styled imo) and looks much better that the new (again overly done) Creta

B. Build quality - The fit and finish of the cabin and the plastics used are much better than Verna or Creta (have personally test driven all these cars), the head unit is much inferior in comparison but is livable for someone who is using a touchscreen for the first time. Agreed, NVH levels are bad in comparison and Honda should have done better in this department

C. Brand - The trust that the City brand has build over the years is the reason for its relatively higher sales numbers. Based on past performance, it is expected to have lesser major mechanical failures than the Koreans

Buying new or used is a personal choice and for people who wish to keep their car for a longer period (8-10 years), buying a new City makes a lot more sense than a used Altis or Octavia

Being an owner of the 5th Gen City, I know my opinion would be slightly biased but I feel you are being too harsh and critical by saying that we are fools to make this decision. Hope you have done your share of research and test drives before arriving at this conclusion.
If you like your car then that is all that matters.I apologize if you feel slighted but i didn't mean personally. The new City doesn't warrant the high price nor the cache combined with iffy build. I would wait for the facelift and i'm sure there will be one. The center console is by far the worst of any compact sedan i have come across.

Last edited by nickatnite : 27th January 2021 at 01:30.
Old 27th January 2021, 08:47   #32
BHPian

I am a very happy Honda customer, have owned the City ZX 10th Anniversary Edition for 11 years and currently using the City 4th Generation in its 6th year. Both cars have given me an absolutely hassle free ownership experience with regular maintenance and a very reasonable cost of ownership (service and mileage). Yes there are flaws like with any product but overall there is more to be happy about than not.

While I agree that Honda is stretching the price-value equation of the 5th Gen City and that hurts as a customer but given the lack of competition in C+ sedans (Verna being the only real competitor, Ciaz and Rapid being now rather old) and the departure of the Civic, Honda seems to be juicing the orange with the pricing. Those who wish to opt for SUVs like Creta/Seltos will anyway not choose the City if there is a price discount. The Corolla Altis and Octavia are both solid cars but in a very different price segment and both have their challenges - the Altis is fairly plain for the price it charges in terms of features and I still worry about Skoda's long term reliability and service. (A good friend who owns a Superb tells me that Skoda is a great car to own if you have another one around at home)
sunilrs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 14:24   #33
BANNED

I had test driven the new Honda City CVT, found the interiors to be a bigger step up compared the 4th gen city I own. The plushness of interiors were the first thing I noticed when I entered the cabin. But the current suspension did not go well with me, although it is very plush, I felt the joy of driving has taken a slight hit. The rear end is encountering increased vertical movements with people sitting at back. Honda City is still a great candidate for a comfortable fuss free sedan. My 4th gen Honda City ivtec has completed 99,000+ kms with out any mjajor issue apart from the suspension change. It may be attributed to the 195 section tyres I have been using for well over 75,000 kms.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks