Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2021, 18:26   #106
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by youknowitbetter View Post
Thanks for a prompt response.. 2 additional points (I am quite excited at the moment!):

1. Do you think A4 will be phased out any time soon? The reason I am asking this is because A3 is stated to be launched next month and I should be similarly priced and q3 is supposed to be launched in Nov and I am hoping it should be priced of few lakhs higher. all in all, should I wait it out to see A3 and Q3?
They just launched the facelift of the A4 in 2021 Jan/Feb. The next gen B10 A4 is due out in 2023 and India will get it in 2024. So it's the best time to buy as it's in it's mid cycle refresh year right now.
Vid6639 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 19:36   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by youknowitbetter View Post
Thanks for a prompt response.. 2 additional points (I am quite excited at the moment!):

1. Do you think A4 will be phased out any time soon? The reason I am asking this is because A3 is stated to be launched next month and I should be similarly priced and q3 is supposed to be launched in Nov and I am hoping it should be priced of few lakhs higher. all in all, should I wait it out to see A3 and Q3?

2. can you share the contact details of the relevant sales person at Audi? So that I can get in touch with right person.
I was in a similar boat, I had kind of decided on the Q3 or next generation of the BMW X1. However, with the kind of discounts available on A4, I was very tempted. But, after the suggestions received from esteemed members in this forum, I have decided to stick to a crossover and skip the A4.

So, the question you need to ask is do you need a crossover or a sedan. The sedan vs crossover debate has been done to death, so no point in repeating the same again. But, I think it's very important to have that clarity before you start shopping for such an expensive car. If I could afford, I would definitely love to have a sedan for driving pleasure and a crossover for go-anywhere without fear. But, I'm afraid I can't have them both. So, going to stick to a crossover for now.

Another option is to check for used cars. But, since I keep my cars for minimum 10 years, I think it will not make sense for me.
adimicra is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 10:01   #108
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Does anybody know what discounts are available on The Audi A4 Premium plus In Chennai? Will the A4 be available at less than 40 lacks OTR in Chennai? Also, Is Audi Chennai a "Category A" or "Category B" dealership? Replies to these queries will very much be appreciated

Thanks
Abie
M A D over CARS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 12:20   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Stellar deal, especially the extended 3 years warranty cover! We just about managed to get the mats, car cover and logo flood lights in the price. Needless to say I will be opting for the 2+3 years extended warranty at the added price in the coming weeks.
You can always ask the dealer to give you the same deal since its basically same dealership. Wouldn't harm in trying.

Man it is so very tempting, but I guess I will have to let go off petrol as a fuel option because I drive around 1500-2000 km in a month.
I will wait to see the XUV7OO and then take a call.
sagpatel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 13:54   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Man it is so very tempting, but I guess I will have to let go off petrol as a fuel option because I drive around 1500-2000 km in a month.
I will wait to see the XUV7OO and then take a call.
For context - I was pushing for discounts on the A6 before I picked the A4. Audi SA said that he just wouldn't be able to match the discounts that they were offering on the A6 late last year since at the time A6 was the cheapest model available in their India lineup and the dealerships were receiving 'extra support' from Audi for lowering prices and pushing volumes. This translated to about 5-7 lacs in terms of Audi A6 OTR prices offered then vs now.

By extension, currently the A4 is the cheapest mainstream model in their India lineup (ignoring the Q2, which has seen v limited demand) - if / when they launch the new A3 & Q3, this may change and prices may go up, as they did for the A6, and as they seem to have done for Merc C with the introduction of the A.

Obviously this is conjecture - there may well be great discounts around the festive season / year end from Audi & other brands. Just some food for thought!
sohels is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 12:12   #111
BHPian

What do you guys think of the Q2?
I find the A4 too low for my liking, I managed to scrap a speed breaker right outside my house (though we were 5 people onboard). I have never scraped my GT TSI will 5 onboard (may be the shorter wheelbase helps GT in my case).
I like the fun-to-drive nature of the Q2 along with its compact size, rear legroom is decent but the rear seatback is slightly upright to my liking.
Also since A4 is being sold at 39L OTR, can we expect more discount during Diwali or year end?
What would be the ideal price for the Q2? I feel one can't spend more than 32-33 OTR on Q2 top end model (it misses out on powered seats, touchscreen).
sagpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 02:01   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Also since A4 is being sold at 39L OTR, can we expect more discount during Diwali or year end?
What would be the ideal price for the Q2? I feel one can't spend more than 32-33 OTR on Q2 top end model (it misses out on powered seats, touchscreen).
It all depends on two things.
  1. The availability of A4 and production capacity of Audi IN considering the different problems such as Pent-up demand, chip shortage, lockdowns (if any), etc.
  2. What Merc and BMW are going to do in terms of discounting and the sheer number of vehicles they would be selling at that point of time.

Audi A4 is already seeing its all-time low OTR prices currently and the demand for the car is also rising quickly due to its VFM quotient.
Although Audi is known for discounting and it's their simple Modus Operandi to sell more in the market and quite obviously, it works well.

Now the question is would Merc, BMW, and the other luxury car brands do the same in terms of discounts? Well for Merc, it's a NO due to their already announced ROTF Sales Model coming into effect from next month or so, (Q4 of 2021). For the other brands, we'll have to wait and see but yes, during the festive season and the CY End months, the discounts will be at an all-time high for this year. Would it be like previous years? No one knows!

Audi would be following the market. If other brands offer the same or a bit more discounts during that time, expect Audi to offer the same level of discounts as they're offering currently.
But if the other brands sell more and also offer more discounts than what they're offering right now, expect Audi to go higher too.

My speculative calculations speak that we may see an OTR of 36/37L on the Audi A4 PP and about 40/41L OTR on the Audi A4 TECH. Ofc, these figures may be more or even less depending upon how the market operates.

High waiting periods, chip shortage, reduced production capacity, and then high demand for the cars. The total scenario of this festive season and the Luxury car brands would surely try to capitalize this scenario to the best of their advantage.
Discounts are only high when the factory/ dealer has a lot of inventory to move. This year we're seeing 2-4months of waiting periods even on luxury cars! Never heard of this before! I am sure we can understand what is about to happen during the festive season.

Speaking about the Q2 now.
If the A4 PP is available at 39L OTR, in no parallel universe would I be spending more than 27/28L OTR on the Q2! Even that's high for that car!
Also, speaking of this universe, I would never buy an Audi Q2 right now when I know that the new-gen Audi A3 and Q3 are on their way to India!
sampadroy is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 08:12   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampadroy View Post
Speaking about the Q2 now.
If the A4 PP is available at 39L OTR, in no parallel universe would I be spending more than 27/28L OTR on the Q2! Even that's high for that car!
Also, speaking of this universe, I would never buy an Audi Q2 right now when I know that the new-gen Audi A3 and Q3 are on their way to India!
Agree. Another factor to consider is that the Q2 is a 'limited run' CBU that will become relatively difficult and costly to maintain in future. That way, the A4 is a SKD vehicle with assured mainline support for years to come.
itwasntme is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 09:34   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Amazing deal for an A4 premium plus at less than 40 lacs OTR - this is probably the luxury car deal of the year. A recently refreshed model, with an excellent 2.0 TSI engine, a new gen wet clutch DSG gearbox, stunning looks and Audi sophistication! Given the waiting times and chip shortages plaguing the industry, I would not expect deals to get any better. Even if Audi did not have production constraints, spill over demand from other manufacturers who are not able to meet their demand will mean more inventory getting sold. Buying in September also provides full year depreciation, so I guess many business owners will rush in towards end of the month and the deals may get less attractive.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 4th September 2021 at 09:37.
84.monsoon is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 10:18   #115
Team-BHP Support

The A4 at less than 40L on road is possibly the most VFM premium car you can buy in the country. I cannot think of any other car that is as VFM.

It's almost the same as the Superb and makes the Octavia pointless as 5-6L more gets you a fully loaded Audi. Heck the Citroen C5 is more than the Audi A4!

For an enthusiast the A4 might be watered down being front wheel drive vs the 3 series but the overall package is so sophisticated and classy. The 3 series cabin feels a notch down but the car is more fun to drive. If you need a classy premium sedan that looks and feels 50L, the A4 is it. It drives very well, is super refined with a cabin that is so hushed and serene. Where the BMW begs to be driven hard, the A4 prefers a smooth and relaxed driving experience and you learn to enjoy the cabin ambience and refinement over outright driving feel.

This actually leaves the C class middle of nowhere. Being the oldest gen here, it neither has the interior quality and feel of the Audi, neither does it have the drive dynamics of the BMW.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 4th September 2021 at 17:31.
Vid6639 is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 13:58   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Agree. Another factor to consider is that the Q2 is a 'limited run' CBU that will become relatively difficult and costly to maintain in future. That way, the A4 is a SKD vehicle with assured mainline support for years to come.
Absolutely!
The Audi Q2 is just a temporary, makeshift model from Audi as they had to offer something in the entry-level segment. That's all, that's the justification for the existence of that model in the current lineup.

As soon as the A3 and Q3 are launched in India, the Q2 would be taken off and discontinued soon. Then it would lead to another set of problems like high depreciation, lower resale market value, parts availability problems, etc.

Audi IN had brought in a handful number of cars through the Free Trade Quota CBU route in early 2020 and they're still struggling to sell that very same lot in India. 2021 is ending soon and the Q2s being sold currently are all 2020 made.

Our fellow members in the forum might be thinking about the Brand name, car performance, discounts, etc. while considering the Q2 but unfortunately, there's a much darker picture in the background.
Better to keep away our hard-earned money from the Audi Q2, in my frank opinion.
sampadroy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 16:44   #117
BHPian

If A4 and Superb L&K are priced similar, would A4 be a no brainer? Or should one weigh the luxury brand versus the overall cost of ownership and resale value?
Old 4th September 2021, 16:55   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish84 View Post
If A4 and Superb L&K are priced similar, would A4 be a no brainer? Or should one weigh the luxury brand versus the overall cost of ownership and resale value?
Depends on your priorities. A4 would have better NVH, better quality interiors, and be a touch nicer to drive owing to compact dimensions.
The superb would be the chauffeur driven choice, and the pick for airport runs and what not whilst remaining good to drive as well.
Routine Maintenance shouldn't be much different and resale could go in favor of audi but that really depends on the brands power during time of resale.
lamborghini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 16:57   #119
BANNED

Quote:
Absolutely!
The Audi Q2 is just a temporary, makeshift model from Audi as they had to offer something in the entry-level segment. That's all, that's the justification for the existence of that model in the current lineup.

Audi IN had brought in a handful number of cars through the Free Trade Quota CBU route in early 2020 and they're still struggling to sell that very same lot in India. 2021 is ending soon and the Q2s being sold currently are all 2020 made.

Our fellow members in the forum might be thinking about the Brand name, car performance, discounts, etc. while considering the Q2 but unfortunately, there's a much darker picture in the background.
Better to keep away our hard-earned money from the Audi Q2, in my frank opinion.
If you know of a Free trade CBU quota then do let me know as well . They did bring in the CBUs in the 2500 per year quota of homologation exempted cars. No discounts in terms of duty or GST.

As for the Q2, it has its own target market where in the compact size of the car is in fact its biggest USP. Not to forget the AWD and 2L TSI powertrain. Parts are MQB and there is quite a lot of common with other VAG products. Q2 is very good to drive and faster than A4 as well. Charm of the A4 lies in the rear seat and maybe the image that it projects. As a car, Q2 is much better suited to city usage. That size with this healthy Power and AWD and Independent rear suspension(cruicially missing from the cheaper cousins like T roc and Karoq), it is one unique package and a good option with the current prices if rear seat is not an important factor.

As for the Q3, that model is also over 2 years old internationally so stock clearance through Audi India as usual. Nothing to get excited about.
agambhandari is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 19:42   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely!

As soon as the A3 and Q3 are launched in India, the Q2 would be taken off and discontinued soon. Then it would lead to another set of problems like high depreciation, lower resale market value, parts availability problems, etc.

Sampadroy, you are right. The Q2 is the worst luxury car to buy in India. Period. It's pricing was a huge disaster by Audi India and those Audi India officials were mad when they launched the Q2. Unlike the A4 and the Superb which have differences in quality, refinement, tech and platform as Superb is MQB and A4 is MLB Evo, the Q2 is built on the TROC's platform. The loaded TROC costs just 25 lakhs on Road Bangalore whereas the Q2 which is built on the same MQB platform costs 62 lakhs on road Bangalore . Instead of Q2 its better to buy the A4 where you get the real Audi experience. Even the discounted A6 makes far better sense than the horrible Q2. I don't know when will Audi India launch the new Q3 and discountinue the Q2? People who will buy the Q2 over the TROC might be the ones who find the TROC compromised and are scared by the reliability of the TROC's DQ200. Even with good discounts which Audi IN is famous for, the Q2 is still an unworthy. Even the already overpriced Octavia will make the Q2 atrociously priced. The Q2's Quattro is not a real Quattro at all unlike the Q7, Q8 and A8. So definitely the Q2 is rubbish, unworthy and the worst luxury SUV in India. No offense to Q2 owners.
IREV is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks