Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2021, 17:24   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyTraveller View Post
Bangalore dealer is offering only 4 Lakhs as discount. I checked a few days back. Unless the difference between 330i and A4 is more than 5 lakhs, I will not go for A4. I am pretty clear on that.
The offer was made even without a visit to the showroom. I am sure I will get a better discount once I show more interest. Negotiation skill will also be key here
Carry your cheque book - I think you can get at least another 2-3 Lakhs as you will see the sparkle in their eyes.

If you can wait till "Gauri-Ganesha" you can save more I am positive. Even more for Diwali or Xmas
Equus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 13:17   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsynch View Post

In the opening commercial discussion only, I was offered a 6L discount at the list price and another 1L off on a 5-year comprehensive service plan + extended warranty, RSA.
What was the OTR price before and after discounts?
Hows the space at rear?
I am also planning to take TD of A4 in coming weeks.
Old 23rd June 2021, 13:30   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
What was the OTR price before and after discounts?
Hows the space at rear?
I am also planning to take TD of A4 in coming weeks.
OTR is around 53L, came down to 47L.

5-year comprehensive plan is for 4.5L, agreed to do it for 3.5L

The rear seat as compared to Honda City is good, not very good but comparable. Feels roomier though especially in leg/knee space.

let us know your experience of TD and offer if any.
Gsynch is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 14:06   #49
BHPian

Quote:

The rear seat as compared to Honda City is good, not very good but comparable. Feels roomier though especially in leg/knee space.

You should push for more. Ask them if they can give the 5-year plan inclusive in 47 otr. That would a decent deal IMO.

BMW is showing signs of starting discounts on 3 series. Just yesterday I saw ad on a portal about offer from BMW on 330i Limo. With that Audi should definitely offer you a better price.

Good luck!
the_skyliner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 14:52   #50
BHPian

Quote:

Is this for Premium plus or Technology variant? Also individual or company registration?
Old 23rd June 2021, 15:13   #51
BHPian

Quote:

At this price, right now, the A4 is not at all VFM and is strictly a "NO-NO" Purchase.
If you can get the car (Technology Variant), currently, at 45L OTR with the Comprehensive Pack, then only it's a good deal, or else it'll be a wastage of precious money. (p.s. The same car was available at around 37-41L OTR, Mumbai, in March/April this year).

Within the next few months, as the stocks pile up, you might get good offers from BMW and might even get a 330i Sport at this price point, more or less.
Even the Jaguar XE and the Volvo S60 should be considered at this price point, especially when checking out the A4.

IMHO, if you're not in a hurry, you should definitely wait for a few months more (CY End Months, Nov-Dec) and should check out the competition as well.
The A4 is strictly a 40L car and spending more than that would be money wasted. If and when the A4 is available at 40L, then only its VFM and a great deal.

Also, pretty sure, within the next few months, you'll see good discounts on the new Octavia (80% of the A4) and the Superb (30% more from the A4), and those cars would be far more VFM at such prices.

Bonus point: If it helps, as per my latest Dealer Sources, The A3 and Q3 are just months away. The A3 might launch this December and the Q3 is planned for a Feb/March 2022 launch. It's better to wait...

Last edited by sampadroy : 23rd June 2021 at 15:35.
sampadroy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 15:22   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampadroy View Post
The same car was available at around 37-41L OTR, Mumbai, in March/April this year). [/b][/i]

The A4 is strictly a 40L car and spending more than that would be money wasted.[/b] If and when the A4 is available at 40L, then only its VFM and a great deal.
So 37-41L was for technology variant or premium plus?
I agree with you on VFM part. If its 40L or less then only one should even consider it.
sagpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 15:47   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
So 37-41L was for technology variant or premium plus?
I agree with you on VFM part. If its 40L or less then only one should even consider it.
Hi!
As far as I remember, the 37/38L was for Premium Plus and 41L was for Technology. If you check out the other threads many Senior and Distinguished BHPians have even mentioned getting such offers in March/April, this year.

ALSO, in March, I was offered the Premium Plus Variant of the A4 from Gurgaon at an ex-showroom price of 35L. This happened over a single call and without any persistent or hard negotiations.

As I already said, the A4 is strictly a 40L car, and only if it's available at such a price or lower, one might call it a VFM purchase, or else simply money wasted.
sampadroy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 18:33   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampadroy View Post
IMHO, if you're not in a hurry, you should definitely wait for a few months more (CY End Months, Nov-Dec) and should check out the competition as well.
The A4 is strictly a 40L car and spending more than that would be money wasted. If and when the A4 is available at 40L, then only its VFM and a great deal.

Bonus point: If it helps, as per my latest Dealer Sources, The A3 and Q3 are just months away. The A3 might launch this December and the Q3 is planned for a Feb/March 2022 launch. It's better to wait...
Thank you for the sane advice and I concur with you. I am not eager to go ahead with this and it was my first attempt to start engaging with Audi guys to start the process. The price quoted here is the price without even asking for any offers.

I intend to wait for few months to see better deals in the market.

As shared by the SA, Q3 should be launched in early 2022 itself and at A4 price point which I guess would be a better value but may not see the level of discounts available with A4.
Gsynch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 19:40   #55
BHPian

Quote:
As shared by the SA, Q3 should be launched in early 2022 itself and at A4 price point which I guess would be a better value but may not see the level of discounts available with A4.
Whatever be the case, if the Q3 is launched at the same price as that of the A4, Audi IN which happens to suffer from Perception Problem at the moment will be committing a serious pricing mistake. It'll only lead to cannibalization of A4 sales numbers and that will not help Audi IN.

IMO, Audi needs to have a price gap of at least 5L between the top variants of the Q3 and A4 notwithstanding the discounts.

Even if the new Q3 is launched at the price of the A4, it'll be seriously close to the GLA and X1 pricing and way more than the XC40, given Audi's current predicament it'll not make things easy for Audi and ultimately they'll have to give bigger and bigger discounts to move stock.
sampadroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 20:26   #56
BHPian

Seems the consensus here is 40lakh OTR is a reasonable price for A4.

What would be a reasonable price for A6? Would it be a better buy than 330i at the same price? 330i sport may be available at around 48-50 OTR.
Old 6th August 2021, 11:27   #57

Think twice about buying this brand of vehicle . I have had an A4 for the last 3 years . The service experience atleast in Mumbai is horrific

1. Complaints come back unattended
2. Theft of fuel from vehicle is common
3. Joyrides by the service Center .

Recently my vehicle was sent to Audi Mumbai south Jubliant Motors. It came back after running 212 KM while in service and consumed 3/4th tank of gas

I am shuddering to think that in this age of COVID who all took joyrides in my vehicle . I got it re sanitised and fumigated .

I have made the mistake of owning all three brands from the VAG stable , VW , SKoda and Audi . In my experience in all 3 , nothing short of crooks .
redjeck is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 9th August 2021, 06:48   #58

Too much Audi negativity on this forum 😞. Heavily biased towards Bmw among the big 3. However the truth of the matter is Audi is the best as a luxury car with a smooth drive excellent fit and finish. BMW maybe good at handling but passenger comfort is terrible especially on our roads. Mercedes is running after gains sacrificing quality and only the CBUs retain the build quality.
haskelerator is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 08:29   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haskelerator View Post
However the truth of the matter is Audi is the best as a luxury car with a smooth drive excellent fit and finish. BMW maybe good at handling but passenger comfort is terrible especially on our roads. Mercedes is running after gains sacrificing quality and only the CBUs retain the build quality.
Completely agree with this post, I wasn't even an Audi fan earlier when BMW had its E90 3 Series, that was a proper drivers car, compact, hydraulic steering and very slick and agile with good fuel efficiency, those generation Audis were sorely lacking in tech, comfort and driving pleasure.

Now the tables have turned, BMW has become longer, roomier, way less fun to drive, light and awkward steering, with a horrible exterior and interior design while Audis have silently become more refined, better built than ever before with best in category tech and number one in comfort and space management, Mercedes to me is a joke today, specially the C Class and its ramshackle build quality.

I'll buy the A4 all day long, even at a premium over the other 2, at about 40L on road, it is a steal.

Last edited by dark.knight : 10th August 2021 at 08:31.
dark.knight is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 09:33   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyTraveller View Post
Seems the consensus here is 40lakh OTR is a reasonable price for A4.

What would be a reasonable price for A6?
I was quoted 41 lakhs for A4 Technology variant and 56 lakhs for A6 Technology variant. Both OTR.
cataclysm is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks