Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2022, 17:10   #226
BHPian

re: Volkswagen Virtus, now unveiled

Any idea about the pricing lovely people?
Any dealer info, scoop, etc?
Old 9th March 2022, 17:39   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by click View Post
Well I would completely disagree. When I was shopping around for a sedan and zeroed in on a Vento in 2013, I had combed through Jetta's, Octavia's and Laura's available then. In terms of exterior built quality and interior finishing, all were at par. The difference lay in the materials used, but each of them would have been a solid pick.

My 2013 Vento still feels very well put together and I think that would remain true for all Vento variants.

I am not at all saying that the Vento is not well put together. We own a Vento since 2018 and had a Jetta from 2015 to last month. So I have had extensive experience of both. The Vento is very solid and fuss free. But the Jetta was simply built to a higher standard. That could definitely be felt on longer journeys. According to me, the Vento has the best highway manners of any car under 20 L. And you are right, the quantifiable differences between the two are very few. But the Jetta felt like a major step ahead in the interior.

The seats were so much better to start with. Add to that the finish on the dash and door panels, armrest etc felt much more sturdy than the Vento.

I'm sure nothing will break in the Vento for a long time as well. But the plastics are nowhere near as nice. And if the Virtus is going to be even lower, it will be hard to accept.
sauravpat is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 18:35   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well I would completely disagree. When I was shopping around for a sedan and zeroed in on a Vento in 2013, I had combed through Jetta's, Octavia's and Laura's available then. In terms of exterior built quality and interior finishing, all were at par. The difference lay in the materials used, but each of them would have been a solid pick.
Definitely not! I had a Rapid for 6 years and it was no where in the league of the then Laura / Octavia or Jetta! Interior quality was durable in the Rapid / Vento, but the Jetta, Octavia or even the Laura were always in a different league. The interior quality was of a much higher level. Things like paint quality may have been at par, but surely we are comparing a 12-15 lakh car with 20-25 lakh car and they just cannot happen to be at par.
motorworks is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 18:55   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, but Jetta / Octavia had much better quality than Vento / Rapid inside out. Even the way they drove (not talking about the engine) was totally different. The interior quality were another thing which was not at all comparable. But then that was expected too as they were double the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_ank View Post
Any idea about the pricing lovely people?
Any dealer info, scoop, etc?
Estimate price is easier - put 50k plus or minus to Slavia variants

Last edited by sunikkat : 9th March 2022 at 18:57.
sunikkat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 19:01   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
One of the best side profiles in a sedan after a long time. Wish they had a better alloy design.
This profile makes it look like a common mans beamer.. i pray they launch a variant with all black interiors and red stichings. Will definitely go for it then.

Drive safe
navinkamath4657 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 19:46   #231

What a looker!
I kept ogling at Slavia when it was announced. Can't stop ogling now.
Just for the looks, I'd prefer the Virtus over the Slavia, as it feels like the Virtus will age well like Jetta and Polo.

Happy to VAG trying to spice up sedans. Hoping to see more sedans on the road than (pseudo) SUVs.
Sudarshan_SMD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 20:57   #232

This surely looks way more premium than anything in the segment . The proportions look perfect. Would’ve preferred a bit more character on the tail lights though.
feninrexo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 21:13   #233
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post
I was looking to prebook Virtus from the website but don't see an option to select 1.5 TSI manual,---
Seems like the 1.5 TSI manual will not be on offer.
Old 9th March 2022, 22:05   #234
mxx
BHPian

The side profile looks great, the best in under 20 lakhs. I did not like it when I saw the launch event photos. But in the other pics shared here, the design is very good
mxx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2022, 00:55   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
That's a shame, when they already have it on Slavia.

After a long time there is a car for sale in Indian Market that really looks hot, just by having a slightly extended front and perceptibly lower stance with a hint of spoiler, not to mention the dark alloys which will always have a dedicated fan base.

1.5 TDI was anyway not going to be an option, so the lack of a manual 1.5 TSI hurts.
mayukh42 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2022, 01:43   #236
BHPian

It’s quite surprising that almost all the comments here are about the looks - the exterior - while the tacky interior seems to have skipped all attention!

From what I experienced in my test drive of the Slavia, the plastics shall be hard, scratchy and dull. The leather on the seat and handles are more like rexine than leather. The door switchgear feels horrendous to the touch on the Slavia, do not expect it to be any better here. To mince no words, when it comes to quality and finesse of upholstery and plastic/switchgear parts bin, I don’t think either of the VAG twins could hold a candle to the Honda City, no offense.

The only sore point in the City is the ‘Chinese’ touchscreen - the ones on the Slavia/Virtus look sleek and modern.

Given that most of our experience of a car is going to be on the inside, I do not think one can discount such a cheap approach by VAG after spending 18-20 big ones!

PS - No debate on the exterior looks of the Virtus - properly drool worthy!
Pequod is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th March 2022, 02:11   #237
BHPian

Front = Jetta copy paste.
Rear = Very similar to the Honda city IMHO.

Overall its quite a looker and if the mid option is priced around 15-17 lacs OTR I think it will have a lot of takers!
Old 10th March 2022, 10:42   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequod View Post

The only sore point in the City is the ‘Chinese’ touchscreen - the ones on the Slavia/Virtus look sleek and modern.

Given that most of our experience of a car is going to be on the inside, I do not think one can discount such a cheap approach by VAG after spending 18-20 big ones!
For me the sore point in City is not the touchscreen but the high speed drive. City is a good ‘city car’ but out on highways > 100 it feels very unsettled and does not give confidence. Neither it is involving to drive. Now I have not yet driven Slavia or Virtus, but if it drives as well as Kushaq it is still much better than City. And the reviews also points towards ride and handling better in Slavia than City.
So if I am in the market looking for more fun to drive car, city doesn’t make a cut. I will need to finalise between Slavia and Virtus.

All these comparison are with 1 TSI, there is no competition for 1.5 TSI in the segment.
sunikkat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th March 2022, 12:43   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SN88 View Post

Rear = Very similar to the Honda city IMHO.
I believe the Rear has the tailight shape of Previous gen Audi A4 while the lights copy the new Audi A6
KI07 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2022, 13:03   #240
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
DSG stands for Direct Stress Generator

Add the following to the cost of the car:

1. 1.5 - 2 lakhs for one more DSG

2. A month or two to wait for parts to arrive, so the cost of hiring another car in the interim.

3. The stress of dealing with VW ASC and the likelihood of other damage to the car while waiting in the ASC.

And count the number of times you kick yourself for having knowingly bought a DSG.
EV NXT is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks