Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2022, 19:33   #181
Senior - BHPian

re: Volkswagen Virtus, now unveiled

Front reminds me of the bygone days of Jetta

Car is absolutely eye-smacking in Red! I saw the Slavia in flesh yesterday and trust me these 2 sedans might have the potential to rekindle the taste in these sedans for prospective buyers of crossovers / hatchbacks.

Both cars are a beauty to savor!
gururajrv is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 20:57   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
One of the best side profiles in a sedan after a long time. Wish they had a better alloy design.
Damn hot, it looks so good I'm head over heels over the GT, the length that's added to the front end over the Slavia makes a world of a difference for me.

And I'm a skoda fan boy, I've never liked any VW car
KI07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 21:00   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Youtube.com/watch?v=XewTHWbZd2k
Honestly, this doesn't seem like much of an upgrade over the Vento to me (except for the 1.5 TSI). Will work for some who just want to stick with the brand and are looking for a lateral upgrade to replace their ageing Vento! Jetta is in a different league altogether though and Virtus doesn't cut it.
Old 8th March 2022, 21:04   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI07 View Post
Damn hot, it looks so good I'm head over heels over the GT, the length that's added to the front end over the Slavia makes a world of a difference for me.
Yes that is making a huge difference. How to make design classy, give it to VW. However I am seeing an overall decrease in the quality of materials used inside. Seats have poor materials and bolstering. The roof liner has quality issues. Also I find the fully digital instrument cluster and fully touch ac controls against my taste.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus, now unveiled-comparo.png  

Last edited by poloman : 8th March 2022 at 21:15.
poloman is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 21:23   #185
BHPian

Not sure if I missed it, but does this also have rear drums? VW have done a good job at hiding that from their website. Even the early reviews don’t talk about it.
AZ911 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 21:55   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrAgile View Post
Missing out on a Manual transmission in the GT is a real bummer, that too a big one. Where everyone was expecting VW to offer a manual with 1.5 in the fully loaded trim, what they did is removed the option of having a manual with 1.5 at all
Where did you find that MT is not offered with 1.5 TSI?
susinnis is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 22:02   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JShah View Post
That's a looker from VW, Honestly, Loved the classy, clean look in this, Reminds me of the Jetta from the first glance, Can go on to say that this is an updated Jetta?

Specs for comparision - Virtus Vs (Jetta)

Dimensions:
Length: 4561 mm (4659mm)
Width: 1752 mm (1778mm)
Height: 1507 mm (1453mm)
Wheelbase: 2651 mm (2648mm)
Bootspace: 521 litres (510 litres)

Pretty close specs, Looks like this one will grow on me.
Surely a strong contender to upgrade from my existing Jetta.
Good catch! I'll keep an eye on this as a replacement for my aging Elantra. The wheelbase in particular is very interesting, and this looks more appealing than the Slavia to me.

Combined with a 150HP turbopetrol + the DSG, my good experiences at the VW service center in Chennai, and BHPian sachin_cs's report on the driving dynamics of the Slavia (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...da-slavia.html (Rapid owner test-drives the Skoda Slavia)), I finally feel that I've found a car that could be a proper replacement for an Elantra from 17 years ago.

(I didn't know the Octavia 1.8 TSi existed when we bought the Vento, the Jetta 2.0 TDi was ruled out because of dieselgate and either way, felt very similar to the Elantra - not the feeling you want when you're spending 25 big ones on a car in 2016! And the Jetta 1.4 TSi could hardly have been classified as exciting.)
rkv_2401 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 22:54   #188
BHPian

That is a looker! Mature and classy with subtle
sportiness. I honestly prefer this over the Slavia which itself is a great looking sedan. This will surely age well than the Slavia.

Just saw a couple of renders on StayTunedIndia's instagram page on what the Virtus will look like with some lowering and better alloy wheels. Looks hot!

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/Ca2RxiHB...dium=copy_link

Volkswagen Virtus, now unveiled-img_20220308_224135.jpg

The yellow shade looks beautiful!
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Virtus, now unveiled-img_20220308_224158.jpg  

DIV17 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 23:07   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIV17 View Post
That is a looker! Mature and classy with subtle
sportiness. I honestly prefer this over the Slavia which itself is a great looking sedan. This will surely age well than the Slavia.

Just saw a couple of renders on StayTunedIndia's instagram page on what the Virtus will look like with some lowering and better alloy wheels. Looks hot!

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/Ca2RxiHB...dium=copy_link

Attachment 2282177

The yellow shade looks beautiful!
The yellow reminds me of the sunbeam yellow of the amg’s (not the same I know )
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 23:28   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by real_koolkrish View Post
Wow ! The Virtus looks much better compared to the Slavia. The dashboard looks more premium and well laid-out compared to the Slavia, which has a boring Beige and Black interior (yeah the Virtus also has this but the design on the Virtus along with the red theme and rectangular AC vents on the side looks a lot better IMHO ). Also, there is no cardboard like center line and the three spoke steering wheel looks more complete.

Attachment 2281910

This red color brake caliper looks stunning, but unsure whether it could make it to the production car.
100% agree with you. If I was in the market for a sedan, Virtus is what I would choose over the Slavia. The GT version.

What is a shame though, is the lack of a GT variant with Nardo Grey body paint and all other bits (roof, mirrors, grills, boot lip spoiler, et al) in glossy black paint. Would be a baller of an option.

Hot damn car!
Old 8th March 2022, 23:42   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrAgile View Post
Missing out on a Manual transmission in the GT is a real bummer, that too a big one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by susinnis View Post
Where did you find that MT is not offered with 1.5 TSI?
I was surpised too, because when you go to the VW page for prebooking, it only has three option (no 1.5 MT)
Volkswagen Virtus, now unveiled-screenshot-20220308-11.34.48-pm.png

But when you look at the brochure, they have mentioned a manual transmission with 1.5 TSI too
Volkswagen Virtus, now unveiled-screenshot-20220308-11.35.58-pm.png

Kind of confused but hope the brochure is right
shishir333 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 23:42   #192

Looks great, better than Slavia for sure. Does the car have lower gc as compared to slavia? Or would the lower gc be limited to the gt line?
My primary gripe with Slavia was the oddly high GC which made it look really odd from the side and back.
The images from VW seem to indicate lower GC, which in turns makes it much better proportioned
Old 8th March 2022, 23:53   #193
Senior - BHPian

Photoshop gurus, can anyone try throwing on the Slavia's alloys on the Virtus and post the render here? Might make for a very tempting looking car in all honesty.
akash_v12 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 00:23   #194
BHPian

My gut feeling tells me this is going to sell well in states like Punjab and Kerala where this has immense potential for mods and upgrades. Reminds me of the Esteem and 1st gen City as well as the international market civic from yesteryears, the early 2000s.

Quite a looker on the outside but interiors look tacky. Doesn't really live up to the near 20 lac price bucket range, be it looks of the interior or the plastics quality or seats.

Lets see if they improve some bits by the time it launches.

I'm really interested in this one now!
PrasunBannerjee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 02:01   #195
BHPian

The GT line looks damn hot. Honestly expected just a re-badged Slavia. If I were in the market for a 20L car, then I would have bought the yellow GT line and would have done the following mods straightaway:
  • De-Chrom all the exterior chrom bits
  • Wrap the red interior trims with matt-silver
  • Front parking sensors retrofit
  • Virtual Cockpit from global MQB-A0
  • Steering wheel from MQB-A0 Polo GTI
  • Audio system upgrade with subwoofer
  • Swap all cheap plastic bits such as headlamp switch, window switches, sun visors, etc. with parts from global MQB-A0 parts bin
  • One-Touch up/down for all 4 windows
  • Addition of felt liners for the door pockets and glovebox
  • Addition of liners for the upper part of boot which has exposed metal area
gopi_rm is offline   (14) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks