Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2020, 11:25   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata's new Nexon ad seems a little overboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Even our one TEAM BHP members have had to defend themselves against this troll army even when TATA ended up admitting the issue and replacing the parts of his AMT system.
I think as BHPians we should make a conscious effort to not let any amount trolling come in. There are other platforms which specialize in that
TBHP is a forum where we can express ourselves and see through the layers(with the help of more competent BHPians) which others cannot. That's why we are here and lets keep it that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
All of us make mistakes and have room for improvement. What matters is being capable of receiving genuine feedback (even if it's negative) and working on our weak points. Applies to all of us including TATA.
Golden words, you just summarized it perfectly

Last edited by vb-saan : 15th December 2020 at 08:12. Reason: Quoted post edited/deleted.
shancz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th December 2020, 14:08   #32
Senior - BHPian

Where is the ad released? I dont have cable TV so dont know if its a TVC. Havent seen it on Youtube yet. Saw it on TeamBHP only!

Looks like a performance appraisal self-evaluation video for the Nexon team
2000rpm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th December 2020, 15:02   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Where is the ad released? I dont have cable TV so dont know if its a TVC. Havent seen it on Youtube yet. Saw it on TeamBHP only!
It's on Youtube. The controversial part appears somewhere in the middle of the video.

Below is the link.

Last edited by Tojo_GotBhp : 14th December 2020 at 15:02. Reason: Typo
Tojo_GotBhp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2020, 06:28   #34
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: If you want to post fanboy messages, please go to FB or Twitter. We have ZERO tolerance towards the same. A member has been banned on this thread, and many others have in the last week.

In case you come across any fanboy post, please do "report" it.

Thanks for the support & understanding

Last edited by GTO : 15th December 2020 at 07:22.
GTO is offline   (39) Thanks
Old 15th December 2020, 10:09   #35
BHPian

Seems to be a case of the social media agency's creative going off-brief. Can't imagine Tata Motors would conceptualize this for sure. However proofing at the brand's end seems to have gone horribly wrong. Having said that, it is absolutely an unpardonable mistake and all responsibility must lie on brand's shoulder.
Annibaddh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2020, 10:09   #36
BHPian

Off late I am seeing lot of Tata Nexons and Tiagos driven very badly in highways of our area as if “I have a safe car and I can drive rashly”. I think Tata should convey this through their advertisements that, We are giving you safe cars, but at the end of the day safety is in the hands of the driver.

This will be a more proper TVC from a brand like Tata.
indrasis_gun is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th December 2020, 11:50   #37
BHPian

This is So, Sooo, SOOOO Amateurish. And in such bad taste.
What's happening, TATA? The Tanishq ads were polarizing alright, but this is plainly repulsive in its folly. Seriously, is this targeted at a potential buyer and you expect to influence him with this crap???

Frankly, I was feeling good about the strides Tata Motors had made, culminating in its current sales upswing. The agony of my Indigo ownership experience had been long forgotten and I was actually looking forward to buying the Harrier.
The recent fracas with Suzuki and Hyundai over the NCAP's were bad enough and we now have to digest THIS???

The one SINGULAR brand value that defines and differentiates TATA is TRUST. Each instance like this one erodes the TRUST we place in the brand TATA. Don't play with your crown jewels.
KANNURAN is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th December 2020, 13:07   #38
BHPian

Hmm. Tata got carried away, eh? Here goes most of the good will they've earned during the GNCAP fiasco

This is just as misleading as that EcoSport advertisement we all jumped on; maybe even worse as this is downright misleading, irresponsible and frankly dangerous. There is no irony or metaphors to be thoroughly analysed. I prefer Tata's cars in general over Maruti and Hyundai and I applaud their efforts for bringing safety to the mass market; but this was hard for me to digest.

Hyundai's mode of damage control after the NIOS/Seltos debacle, was to put more emphasis on the "BeTheBetterGuy" campaign on safe driving behaviour on roads.
Even though I no longer trust their cars, I applaud Hyundai for that. That's a way more immediate issue we have to tackle on Indian roads.

Tata would've scored more brownie points if they emphasised on putting forward such a similar campaign on road safety instead of this ill-advised piece of misinformation that relies on Tabloid journalism-esque sensationalism feeding the internet hour by hour.

With Mahindra right on their back with recent launches that have successfully passed the crash tests, and readying a new arsenal with Ford, Tata will no longer enjoy the same status quo of being the safety leader in their segments as before.

Can't wait for news like Nexon owners suing Tata after driving into oncoming trains for misinformation, even though I genuinely hope no such harm befall any poor chap. You get what you give.

What's next? A campaign encouraging people to crash their cars and post the picture in the internet, so they can get a new one?

Last edited by GipsyDanger : 15th December 2020 at 13:13.
GipsyDanger is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th December 2020, 14:03   #39
BHPian

Isn't the ad claiming that Nexon made "safety a talking point" among common man. They were showing various tweets, discussions and memes that made safety a talking point.

To me the only claim Tata Motors is making in that part of the ad is - Making safety a talking point among common man. I am sure they have done and have done a very good job at making people think about safety while buying a car.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata's new Nexon ad seems a little overboard!-capture.jpg  

Last edited by Sedate : 15th December 2020 at 14:06.
Sedate is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th December 2020, 14:04   #40
BHPian

My only advise to Tata's social media team: "Reclaim your life"

Happy that a forum like ours exists where we, including Tata product owners, praise them immensely for their good safety rating achievements, at the same time not shy away from honestly criticizing them for their missteps without showing any bias.

Last edited by klgiridhar : 15th December 2020 at 14:23.
klgiridhar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th December 2020, 14:41   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedate View Post
To me the only claim Tata Motors is making in that part of the ad is - Making safety a talking point among common man. I am sure they have done and have done a very good job at making people think about safety while buying a car.
I agree to this. They did make safety a talking point. A 3 second portion with various tweets and discussions. Though they should've chosen something else interesting for the 'meme' photo in the center!
Goandiaries is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th December 2020, 20:22   #42
BHPian

I always held Tata in high regard for their emphasis on safety and always argued in their support even though their engines and overall quality is perceived to be lower than some other brands.

But these kind of ads leave a bad taste and almost remind us of political ads(unlimited exaggeration).

Automobile and politics is a terrible combination.
Old 15th December 2020, 22:23   #43
BHPian

This can't be just an agency oversight like many have claimed. Ads like this that define a product usually have to be approved by the Marketing higher-ups (at Tata) before the creative agency can publish them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedate View Post
To me the only claim Tata Motors is making in that part of the ad is - Making safety a talking point among common man.
I believe that was the original intention, but many a common man think (I've had many personal anecdotes) that the Nexon and Altroz are like "tanks" they can play bumper cars with. I blame Tata here for not correcting perceptions here. They promote stuff like "India's safest car", "5 star rated car" and so on; how do you even verify this?! Even the Volvo XC90 is not marketed like this.

They've played well with the Indian mentality, especially the easily-gullible segments that these cars target, who have been conditioned to reward high-mark scorers and bash up poor performers.
hortons15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2020, 23:14   #44
Team-BHP Support

Won't read much into it.

It's a thin line separating cheeky from ridiculous, and it's difficult to gauge accurately 100% of the time.

They took some solid shots at competition recently, but should avoid becoming the Chuck Norris of the Indian Automotive meme scene.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2020, 00:18   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
In an country full of WhatsApp university graduates,

Along with this logic, they don't forget to sprinkle some patriotism and support for our home grown brands. Where were these geniuses when Etios and Polo had good rating almost an decade back!
I would bet anything on whatsapp graduates being better than twitter humanities post graduates.

Every local car manufacturer tops the sales chart in their respective countries and natives actively buy them. Americans take pride in their ford, chevy, gm. French in their peugeot, renault. Italians in their fiats and ferraris. Checzs buy skodas and swedes their volvos. Japanese buy their hondas, toyotas, daihatsus, suzukis, nissans. South koreans take pride in their hyundai's and kia's and top ten selling models are between those two. We have been browbeaten and as a young industrialist country we should also take pride in our industrialist achievements but keyboard warriors moral crushing job is still rampant.

Steve jobs presentation is revolutionary because somehow he is the first owner to speak directly to buyers but forgetting our own Dhirubhai's annual general meetings where he spoke directly to thousands and sometimes lakhs of his buyers or Godrej's invention of vegeterian soaps, comes natural. It is know as protectionism and few will definitely promote and indulge in it. No one should guilt and shame them for their choice or being vocal about it. Even keyboard warriors must be knowing that countries on their own also indulges in it. Communist china is a big example of it. EU also indulges in it. European countries own shares in car companies and protect their assests.
Sran is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks