Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2024, 12:27   #1366
BHPian

Re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Hi folks,
I have a HR26 registered car (registered in 2013) in Bangalore (KA). The SIAM website doesn't show HR state option and from google search I found https://hsrphr.com/ website for ordering the HSRP. However this site doesn't deliver in Bangalore. Does anyone know how can I get the HSRP delivered here in Bangalore for the HR registered vehicle?
Old 3rd May 2024, 00:22   #1367

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizz28 View Post
Hi folks,
I have a HR26 registered car (registered in 2013) in Bangalore (KA). The SIAM website doesn't show HR state option and from google search I found https://hsrphr.com/ website for ordering the HSRP. However this site doesn't deliver in Bangalore. Does anyone know how can I get the HSRP delivered here in Bangalore for the HR registered vehicle?
Not too sure if they deliver to another state other than the registered state but you can try using.the following website.

https://www.bookmyhsrp.com/index.aspx#
Old 3rd May 2024, 07:15   #1368
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizz28 View Post
Does anyone know how can I get the HSRP delivered here in Bangalore for the HR registered vehicle?
As far as I know, the upcoming 17 May deadline to affix HSRPs are for KA cars only, and do not apply to out-of-state vehicles.

Although they might assess differently if HR vehicles are anyway supposed to have HSRPs from earlier?
Old 3rd May 2024, 14:05   #1369
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
As far as I know, the upcoming 17 May deadline to affix HSRPs are for KA cars only
I think the deadline in Karnataka is 31 May '24, not 17 May '24.
Old 3rd May 2024, 14:54   #1370
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasar View Post
I think the deadline in Karnataka is 31 May '24, not 17 May '24.
Nope, the RTO deadline is 17 May but the cops will start levying automatic fines from 31 May.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2024, 15:27   #1371
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Nope, the RTO deadline is 17 May but the cops will start levying automatic fines from 31 May.
Well, seems like all the same.

If fines are not going to be levied between 17 & 31 May, there isn't much point having a 17 May RTO deadline. People will not bother....

Out of 4 vehicles we have, 3 already have HSRP but one is stuck though we ordered long back. The assigned date is 22 May. Whenever we call, they ask us not to worry as last date is 31 May & they will surely do it by that date.
Old 8th May 2024, 11:05   #1372
BHPian

Hi team,

When going through bookmyhsrp portal, I am getting a message that the right registration number should be entered. This is AP registered car (before bifurcation of state, less than 15 years). Any idea how to go about this situation?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 8th May 2024 at 12:37. Reason: Punctuation.
Old 14th May 2024, 00:05   #1373
BHPian

By going through few news articles and posts in this thread, for MH registered vehicles (Pre-2019), it is not possible to affix HSRP number plates as the HSRP implementation by MH Govt is yet to be completed?

I am driving my MH12 registered car in Bengaluru, hopefully I will be exempt from Challans after May 31st deadline?

Any one who is in same boat as me can confirm.
Old 15th May 2024, 01:05   #1374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sat123 View Post
By going through few news articles and posts in this thread, for MH registered vehicles (Pre-2019), it is not possible to affix HSRP number plates as the HSRP implementation by MH Govt is yet to be completed?

I am driving my MH12 registered car in Bengaluru, hopefully I will be exempt from Challans after May 31st deadline?

Any one who is in same boat as me can confirm.
Unfortunately, I don't think Bangaluru cops would love you enough to exempt you from an opportunity to lighten your purse

In 2021, after a March 2021 trip to Delhi NCR, I got MH-46 HSRP plates for my 2016 Toyota Etios Liva through the Dealer. I'm yet to attempt this exercise for my 2013 Ford Figo mainly because there's no Ford Dealer to go to for the plates anymore. As for my one solitary attempt at getting an HSRP for my 2017 RE Thunderbird 350, a conversation with the dealer I bought it from lead me to believe that it's now pretty much between me and the RTO, unless I want to swap of my bike for something new, which I don't.

For you, I'd recommend that a Pune RTO agent may be your best bet at getting HSRPs for your vehicle. And install the cab apps, don't risk interactions with the authorities after the end of the month, it's just not worth the time, energy, or experience.
dhruvtanwar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2024, 01:35   #1375
BHPian

I have a 2007 Model, Bangalore (Central) RTO registered Honda Activa.

Recently, the mandatory HSRP for old vehicles registered in Karnataka prompted me to apply for the same and my application on the HSRP portals were rejected with the following error that "Vehicle details available in Vahan but Maker of this vehicle Not Present in HOMOLOGATION but OEM/Manufacturer (Homologation) of this vehicle have not authorized you for the State/RTO of this vehicle, please contact respective OEM".

That is when I noticed that the manufacturer column on the RC card mentioned "Others" instead of "Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India (Pvt) Ltd"

I also noticed that there is a 'change of address' option for online RC service, however no option for 'rectify error in RC' which is unfortunate.

I might have to visit Bangalore (Central) RTO at HSR Layout and get this issue sorted out. Anyone has faced a similar issue and if so, how did you get it rectified? Will the RTO make the changes in the Vahan portal (instead of issuing a rectified RC card) so that the portal does not throw an error and the HSRP application goes through the system? Do I need to pay any fee for the error in the RC which was not of my making?

Last edited by ashkamath : 15th May 2024 at 01:37. Reason: Spelling correction
ashkamath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2024, 11:07   #1376
BHPian

I got defrauded by a fake website trying to order HSRP online.

Got a used car registered at HP88 RTO. Pretty smooth procedure; got the RC in 3 days but had to get the HSRP's on my own.

I made a mistake & instead on sticking to a trusted site clicked on the first site that Google propped up (makehsrp.in) & paid Rs. 899/- on 26th April 2024.

An acknowledgement flashed & then the page promptly went unresponsive, no acknowledgement email/SMS received from the site as is usually the case on recieveing an order. Big red flag right there. Thankfully I had taken a screenshot of the "acknowledgement" before it went cold.

I have waited for some time thinking sometimes such transcations fail for various reasons & the money gets refunded in 5-7 business days but nothing of the sort has happended. On trying to check the site a GoDaddy page comes up instead.

Life lesson cost: 899/-, gotta be more careful before parting with money.
Vtach is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2024, 23:51   #1377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkamath View Post
I have a 2007 Model, Bangalore (Central) RTO registered Honda Activa.

Recently, the mandatory HSRP for old vehicles registered in Karnataka prompted me to apply for the same and my application on the HSRP portals were rejected with the following error that "Vehicle details available in Vahan but Maker of this vehicle Not Present in HOMOLOGATION but OEM/Manufacturer (Homologation) of this vehicle have not authorized you for the State/RTO of this vehicle, please contact respective OEM".

That is when I noticed that the manufacturer column on the RC card mentioned "Others" instead of "Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India (Pvt) Ltd"

I also noticed that there is a 'change of address' option for online RC service, however no option for 'rectify error in RC' which is unfortunate.

I might have to visit Bangalore (Central) RTO at HSR Layout and get this issue sorted out. Anyone has faced a similar issue and if so, how did you get it rectified? Will the RTO make the changes in the Vahan portal (instead of issuing a rectified RC card) so that the portal does not throw an error and the HSRP application goes through the system? Do I need to pay any fee for the error in the RC which was not of my making?
I have similar predicament, I own a 2006 Honda Activa and the issue mentioned above applies to my scooter too. This scooter was used by my father and when the HSRP requirement came, I asked for the RC card and that was lost conviction ýtMy RTO agent doesn’t understand what I asked him to do that is adding the manufacturer name.
cs_rajesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2024, 00:17   #1378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_rajesh View Post
I have similar predicament, I own a 2006 Honda Activa and the issue mentioned above applies to my scooter too.
My Honda Activa is KA01 (Bangalore Central RTO) presently located at HSR Layout, Bangalore. I reside outside Karnataka and hence unable to visit the RTO personally to address this error in RC card. As the matter is pressing, I intend to visit Bangalore one of these days and get this issue sorted.

In mean time, Could you please personally visit your RTO and speak with any officer in the RTO? I think this is a correction in the RC Card and there are no proper guidelines / rules for these type of errors as they are not common. That is why the agents appear a bit hesitant / confused in this regard. A visit to the RTO and speaking with an officer there should be more helpful than the agent route.

If you do visit the RTO personally and receive any feed back or if you could get the matter sorted out, please post / reply the same in this thread and provide the requisite information, so that I too can get it done. Thanks
Old 20th May 2024, 14:10   #1379
BHPian

I had to get the windshield of my 2023 facelift Kia Seltos in Bangalore. Post this, I booked an appointment on bookmyhsrp for a replacement HSRP sticker and got an appointment getting it fixed at my home address a fortnight later. However, on the day, the person hemmed and hawed away saying he'll call back and never did. Waited a couple of days and called him back only to hear the exact same piece again.

Spoke to a person from the bookmyhsrp customer care (N.B. Utterly useless team) who could say nothing aside from "we will call back after some time saar". Never got a callback from them. Filed a grievance online and didn't get any confirmation on mail/SMS. Luckily I'd taken a screenshot of the ticket number and thought myself pretty smart, only to realize after calling up the bookmyhsrp team a couple days later to hear that they haven't received any such ticket and are filing a grievance on my behalf and I'll get a callback from their "senior person". No such call has been forthcoming. The site claims I can't even cancel the order.

Does anyone have any idea about the redressal mechanism? This is supposedly a government entity so I did expect gaps in their service, but this feels more like a cashgrab with zero accountability.
Old 23rd May 2024, 18:48   #1380
BHPian

Has anyone had an experience of the HSRP number plate falling off? I have fit the HSRP plates late last year when it was made mandatory in Bangalore. Got it ordered via BookMyHSRP and got it fixed in Trident Hyundai Whitefield.

Today morning I was driving from Salem to Bangalore. When I left from Salem I am sure I had my front number plate but when I reached bangalore I didnt find it. I havent stopped any where. I cleaned the car couple of days I didnt notice any lose contact (and I believe rivet is meant to be holding it tight).

Anyways lost the number plate, ordered another new one from BookMyHSRP website again but they wanted FIR / LostReport. I raised on online and submitted all the necessary document (RC, FIR, Rear Plate photo) and paid 500. Got appointment on 11th June with the showroom.

Questions that I want to ask are,

1. Has anyone faced this?

2. What care should I take so that it doesnt happen again? Even the first time I had the frame with the plate to avoid any damage.

3. As the appointment is on 11th June, how can I continue driving without having trouble with Bangalore Traffic Police? Can I take a printout and stick it or fix the old number plate for time being?
hardilip is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks