Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2023, 09:41   #1336
Senior - BHPian

Re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Is HSRP mandatory for a 15+ year old vehicle? Friend's 16+ year old car with MH registration did the passing last year. Is HSRP required or is it an optional thing? No police or anyone has asked him about this till now.
Yes, age immaterial. In fact we brought it on ourselves with all sorts of weird lettering on plates. I got my 10+ year old car plates changed.

So they are mandatory - period
Old 23rd December 2023, 10:14   #1337
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumobom4 View Post
Any way to order only the windshield sticker for a BH number vehicle registered with Mumbai Central RTO? MY dealer never affixed the sticker when I got the car and I didn't notice at the time.
t
I hd a similar situation with my KA plated car. I tried applying on the website but the option was not thee. Called up Celex- the HSRP supplier, who claimed the option was there.

To cut a long story short, I took screen shots and wrote to Celex and they corrected things in 6 hours.
Old 3rd January 2024, 17:35   #1338
Distinguished - BHPian

How to get HSRP in Jharkhand? My cars are 15+ years old.

I see a few websites like https://hsrpplate.site/ taking details of the car and owner's contact. Will these be genuine HSRP with the unique code? Do they ship it to given address and how much they charge?

Thanks.
Old 14th January 2024, 10:03   #1339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrayden View Post
I too was thinking about the PPF solution myself. But the pre-application process that is needed for PPF involves some kind of cleaning. I'm wondering if that cleaning process itself might cause the lettering to come off. If you have researched the PPF solution any more please let us know if you have any more details.
I'm sorry, but the PPF solution was just my theoretical approach. I didn't do any research on it. More than the cleaning, I'm sceptical about the perfection in which anyone would be able to apply the PPF actually. As all the letters are embossed, getting the PPF to blend in around each letter might be a task.
anaghp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2024, 12:22   #1340
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Yes, age immaterial. In fact we brought it on ourselves with all sorts of weird lettering on plates. I got my 10+ year old car plates changed.

So they are mandatory - period
When did this happen? I did the vehicle's 15 year passing in 2023. At that time, the RTO people didn't ask about my plates at all.
Old 21st January 2024, 09:21   #1341
BHPian

Bhpians
This is the HSRP of my activa 2014 model. In this format, first line denotes the ‘the State code and registering authority code’ i.e. “RJ 14” and second line is the number of vehicle “DT3249”. This is a govt approved format.

High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-img_20240120_151956.jpg

But in present HSRP format for 2 wheelers has changed by the suppliers. I noticed that for the last few years, 2 wheeler plates (HSRP) are supplied in wrong format. Now (for example) the first line is “RJ14D” & second line is “T3249”.

Has the motor vehicle act changed the format for registration plate (balancing alphabet in each row)? Is there and process to select the number plate format while ordering HSRP?

Thanks
Old 21st January 2024, 09:25   #1342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Alok) View Post
Bhpians
This is the HSRP of my activa 2014 model. In this format, first line denotes the ‘the State code and registering authority code’ i.e. “RJ 14” and second line is the number of vehicle “DT3249”. This is a govt approved format.

Attachment 2561871

But in present HSRP format for 2 wheelers has changed by the suppliers. I noticed that for the last few years, 2 wheeler plates (HSRP) are supplied in wrong format. Now (for example) the first line is “RJ14D” & second line is “T3249”.

Has the motor vehicle act changed the format for registration plate (balancing alphabet in each row)? Is there and process to select the number plate format while ordering HSRP?

Thanks
Yes, now the HSRP plates have balanced the characters as you have mentioned. AFAIK customer doesn't have any option to choose a different format like what you have for your Activa.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 21st January 2024 at 09:35.
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2024, 10:14   #1343
BHPian

Does anyone know how to get/apply for the HSRP RTO sticker (which is stuck on the windshield of the car)?
Old 23rd January 2024, 16:42   #1344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman. View Post
Does anyone know how to get/apply for the HSRP RTO sticker (which is stuck on the windshield of the car)?
You can request only for the HSRP windshield sticker. The service provider in my case has the option just to request for the sticker(refer the image below- 3rd option).

High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-screenshot-20240123-163912.png
Old 9th February 2024, 11:46   #1345
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India,

Quote:
Originally Posted by UP!!!! View Post
Finally I was able to receive the HSRP number plates along with stickers for MH registered car which is currently in a small town of UP.
I used https://www.bookhsrponline.com/ as suggested by kdp and they couriered the HSRP plates to my hometown.
This is for a friend who has a Pre-2019 MH registered Hexa.
I pointed him to this thread and he says the url for the website of the HSRP vendor doesn’t work anymore.
Any pointers will help.
Old 10th February 2024, 18:17   #1346
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman. View Post
If your car is a Pre-April 2019 registered car, you can go to the Siam website and then it will navigate to the correct HSRP vendor website once you choose the carmaker and other details. You will then get an option to order for the “Sticker only”.

However, if you have a newer car registered April 2019 or later, you will have to reach out to your dealer and ask them to place the order for the sticker.
Old 10th February 2024, 19:27   #1347
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Pre-2019 MH registered Hexa..
I booked the plates for my Safari about a week back. SIAM redirected me to makemyhsrp (Celex). The page does open.

Bookmyhsrp worked for me for Maruti & Bajaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Yes, now the HSRP plates have balanced the characters as you have mentioned.
This part may not be so - I saw a HSRP plate on a bike with KL registration. The placement was different from what KA registered vehicles have. KA vehicles do have a balanced split, while the KL one was not so. Having said that, I dont have any way to comment on the authenticity of the plates on that KL bike that I saw.

Last edited by condor : 10th February 2024 at 19:30.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2024, 23:32   #1348
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I booked the plates for my Safari about a week back. SIAM redirected me to makemyhsrp (Celex). The page does open.
I hope I understood correctly - your safari is MH registered?

Btw look at the post of @UP!!!! that I’d quoted in my earlier post - the website he mentioned bookhsrponline dot com and that was the one I found doesn’t work anymore.

Last edited by NPV : 10th February 2024 at 23:34.
Old 11th February 2024, 07:23   #1349
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I hope I understood correctly - your safari is MH registered?.
Saar, I know my surname makes me eligible to be from either side of the border

Btw, I dont know if the query from your friend is for plates in MH or KA. If in KA - then out of state vehicles should not be subject to the requirement here. If it is in MH, then suggest to wait another week till the KA web traffic reduces. And then go thru SIAM website.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2024, 13:52   #1350
BHPian

I have a 20 year old Wagon R in Pune, due for registration renewal for second time. Will they enforce HSRP plates or any fine for not having one if I take it for renewal now? (So far there is not much of a push from Govts for HSRP for old vehicles.)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks