Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2023, 18:30   #1291
BHPian

Re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Got the HSRP installed of our Nissan Terrano too today. Took only 15 minutes. Visited Renualt Showroom at Silkboard at 9:45AM. Mohan was the contact person there. He got the plates out and within 15 minutes they were installed.
The only different i saw was for Terrano , there is a front and a rear windshield sticker posted . But for my coroalla only the front facing sticker was posted, nothing on rear, as my father had gone to get the same done from Nandi Toyota, so was not aware if front is getting posted or both front and rear.

Last edited by Dushie : 8th September 2023 at 18:52.
Old 11th September 2023, 10:09   #1292
BHPian

I got the HSRP fitted on my 2018 Hyundai Verna at Advaith Hyundai, JP Nagar Bengaluru on Saturday. When I booked online on the bookmyhsrp website in August, the nearest Hyundai dealer it was showing was Advaith on Residency road. Thankfully, seeing my regular service history they dispatched it to JP Nagar from Residency road.

Advaith JP Nagar, tried to wrangle an additional 125/- as fitment costs but I put my foot down as the invoice clearly showed the charges (rs 778/-) included fitment.
DigitalOne is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2023, 10:46   #1293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekswarup View Post
Hi All,

Have been trying to get booking of HSRP via the hsrphr.com website. Tried chrome (normal + incognito), edge but still getting "Your vehicle detail didn't match with vahan service"

Any solution to this?

Excel Motors (Faridabad) go to guy is charging Rs. 2700/- for HSRP booking, which I feel is highway robbery.
Did you get a resolution to this? I get this same error.
Old 12th September 2023, 21:26   #1294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dushie View Post
Try placing your order from ordermyhsrp and see if it works. They charged additional Rs 59 but we got ours quickly.
Total amount paid was Rs 826 which included Rs 59 convenience charge.
Link:
https://www.orderyourhsrp.com/oem_details_old.php

My Father got the HSRP installed on our old 2006 Toyota Corolla today, we had called the number shared after booking from order your HSRP. They confirmed number plates would arrive by 12 PM Today. My father drove and got them changed at Nandi Toyota, he said there were not too many cars coming in for changing the plates, so it did not take much time and its done. Now waiting for Friday as i would be going to get the same changed for my Nissan Terrano too.

In my case, the Indiranagar RTO has registered the manufacturer name of my Duster as R.N.A.I.P.Ltd (Renault Nissan Automotive India Private Ltd) instead of Renault India Pvt Ltd. So I will need to go to Indiranagar RTO in Bengaluru and try to find a way to fix it. I have checked with agents, but they were unaware of the process to change the name of the manufacturer in RC and Vahan Portal.

Last edited by DustyWanderer : 12th September 2023 at 21:31. Reason: To improve the answer
Old 15th September 2023, 13:23   #1295

Has anyone successfully got a replacement HSRP for a new car? Mine is a Skoda one from KA, and I haven't been able to.
I've tried makemyhsrp and bookmyhsrp and they don't allow me to place a replacement order.
Old 16th September 2023, 08:04   #1296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
Did you get a resolution to this? I get this same error.
It’s been quite a while. I recall changing browser to Edge / Opera helped.
prateekswarup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 08:30   #1297
BHPian

How important / critical is the windshield sticker that comes along with the HSRP plates? My Nexa dealer has misplaced the sticker while delivering our new car.
Old 16th September 2023, 08:44   #1298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyWanderer View Post
In my case, the Indiranagar RTO has registered the manufacturer name of my Duster as R.N.A.I.P.Ltd (Renault Nissan Automotive India Private Ltd) instead of Renault India Pvt Ltd. So I will need to go to Indiranagar RTO in Bengaluru and try to find a way to fix it. I have checked with agents, but they were unaware of the process to change the name of the manufacturer in RC and Vahan Portal.
But why is it necessary to get it corrected? Did you face any issue with the HSRP plate.

Asking, because I also booked HSRP for my 2013 Duster and it is same for me at Book My HSRP site. On my RC the MFR is R.N.A but it detected on Book My HSRP site as R.N.A.I.P and listed all the Renault showrooms for selection.
I believe it is just a categorization in the portal to list the right OEM dealers.

Last edited by HillMan : 16th September 2023 at 08:48.
HillMan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 14:57   #1299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
But why is it necessary to get it corrected? Did you face any issue with the HSRP plate.

Asking, because I also booked HSRP for my 2013 Duster and it is same for me at Book My HSRP site. On my RC the MFR is R.N.A but it detected on Book My HSRP site as R.N.A.I.P and listed all the Renault showrooms for selection.
I believe it is just a categorization in the portal to list the right OEM dealers.
Hi,

Yes, now there is no need to correct the manufacturer name to Renault India Pvt Ltd in parivahan portal as the Bookmyhsrp website has updated their application with an additional form to upload our RC document as a soft copy and for us to enter other additional details.

I am also able to order HSRP for my duster through Bookmyhsrp website today.

Thank you for your reply.
DustyWanderer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 15:28   #1300
BHPian

Got the HSRP installed on my 2010 FIGO. It was a 10 min job at Cauvery Motors at Magadi road, Bangalore. The front plate was riveted as the bumper was fiber, however the rear plate was fixed using screws. Asked them to rivet it as well however they said its difficult on metal and may not fit well. Left it at that. Got the registration sticker also fixed on the windshield. Overall a hassle free experience. The driving from home and back itself took over an hour! Bangalore weekend traffic!!
Old 16th September 2023, 22:22   #1301
Senior - BHPian

Got the HSRP done on both my cars this week

It was a great experience at Maruti for my alto as the responsible person was available on phone to guide me and ensured I was comfortable inside and seated while they did the installation. It took hardly 5-10 min and photographs were taken promptly and I received VAHAN portal SMS immediately.

It was an unpleasant experience at Toyota though. Rather completely opposite. The number mentioned was never answered and I had to reach via their front desk number. It took 15-20 min and staff were friendly but they appeared clueless and I am yet to receive any SMS update from VAHAN. They also demanded 100rs for installation, I didn’t want to argue for a small amount but I could definitely see the difference between Maruti and Toyota , that too for a car costing 4 times more.

This was not my regular Toyota dealership for service so I guess I can live with that and I will never visit them again.

Last edited by rajshenoy : 16th September 2023 at 22:23.
Old 17th September 2023, 08:39   #1302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogWheel View Post
How important / critical is the windshield sticker that comes along with the HSRP plates? My Nexa dealer has misplaced the sticker while delivering our new car.
The sticker is mandatory and comes along with the HSRP plates. All the vehicles since 2019 have it pasted through the dealer. The system is for reducing thefts and making it a little difficult for changing plates and coloured stickers together.

If the dealer misplaced it, better apply for duplicate sticker. Ideally the dealer should come forward to pay for it.
Cops wouldn't accept your explanation anyway and will be happy to make a challan for you.

Last edited by HillMan : 17th September 2023 at 08:43.
Old 18th September 2023, 12:29   #1303
BHPian

Any leads for HSRP vendors for MH registered vehicles? I have an MH registered A-Star which is sparingly used. We didn't transfer registration to KA as the vehicle is very old and we somehow always kept planning to sell it, which never happened.
Old 19th September 2023, 16:20   #1304
Senior - BHPian

Name:  HSRP Error.png
Views: 643
Size:  56.6 KB

My friend got error as in screenshot while trying to register for HSRP. Sorry about the quality of the screenshot, message suggested and mismatch of the vehicle details on vahan portal OR a blacklisting.

This was triggered by a pending speeding ticket issued in Kerala and the RTO has put the RC status as blacklisted. This was released after paying the fine online and he could book HSRP through the website
Old 19th September 2023, 21:48   #1305
Senior - BHPian

I recently picked up an Ather from Pune. I'm in the process of transferring it from MH to GA plates. However this will take time. The rear HSRP is damaged. I got a foam plate sticker in a simple font and stuck it over the HSRP with double sided tape. However it's not looking too good.Was thinking of drilling out the rivets and fixing some neat plates till the GA registration comes. When I go to get the new GA plates, I'll remove the aftermarket plates and fix the original MH HSRP's with nuts and bolts.
Will the RTO guys make a problem if they see that the rivets on the original HSRP's have been removed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks