Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2023, 16:53   #1261
BHPian

Re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Just placed order for my Punto at MakeMyHSRP after being redirected from SIAM site on selecting FCA as manufacturer, as BookMyHSRP mentioned they were not the authorized dealers for the make of my vehicle (probably this is the case for all vehicles which are not being sold actively today).

Once I entered details including engine and chassis, it showed list of FCA dealers in Bengaluru with earliest available slot with each. I selected KHT Prime since it is nearest to my house.

Paid Rs. 816 including taxes. The downloaded receipt contains some tokens/ code foils that apparently need to be handed over to the affixing dealer. It also mentions the dealer and appointment slot.

Lets see how it goes.
mayukh42 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2023, 17:33   #1262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh42 View Post
Just placed order for my Punto at MakeMyHSRP after being redirected from SIAM site on selecting FCA as manufacturer, as BookMyHSRP mentioned they were not the authorized dealers for the make of my vehicle (probably this is the case for all vehicles which are not being sold actively today).

Once I entered details including engine and chassis, it showed list of FCA dealers in Bengaluru with earliest available slot with each. I selected KHT Prime since it is nearest to my house.

Lets see how it goes.
Tried this route as well. It gets redirected to bookmyhsrp.com. Subsequently gets stuck with no dealers and fitment agents listed for Ford in Karnataka. Surprisingly UP and OD have a huge number of third party fitment agencies listed. Strange that they have not enabled that in Karnataka yet.
nareshtrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2023, 17:38   #1263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Subsequently gets stuck with no dealers and fitment agents listed for Ford in Karnataka.
Same experience - no dealer in Karnataka for Ford in bookmyhsrp.com. On the other hand, makemyhsrp.com gave me an appointment for 4/9 for my Polo at VW Whitefield (earlier appointments were available, but I am out of town for the whole of next week for Onam).
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2023, 17:44   #1264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaypatrol View Post
Guys, along with the HSRP they also send us a sticker which says need to be sticked inside the windshield. Is it mandatory? I recently lost it after a deep clean and now wondering where to get the sticker alone. Or do I need to place the order for a new HSRP to get the sticker and plate again?
For new car, the dealer pastes the sticker in the windshield (inside). I believe it is mandatory as per the RTO guidelines as I have seen all new cars with that sticker.
Not sure how to get a replacement for the sticker though.
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2023, 17:48   #1265
BHPian

I see the logic behind it but I also see the hassles this is going to cause. Why not provide an online option to get the HSRP shipped for older vehicles?

Last edited by Bhodrolok : 22nd August 2023 at 17:50. Reason: Added comment
Old 22nd August 2023, 20:27   #1266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh42 View Post
Thanks. Just in time. Met with a fender bender this morning and had to replace the HSRP. I was told by the Jeep dealership guy to go and file a police complaint etc etc.

Thankfully my daily login to Team BHP helped. Placed an order. Felt real easy. Now waiting for fitment date to see if this thing indeed works!!

Thanks for sharing
Old 22nd August 2023, 20:31   #1267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaypatrol View Post
I recently lost it after a deep clean and now wondering where to get the sticker alone.
Both makemyhsrp and bookmyhsrp offer the option of ordering only the sticker.
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2023, 21:46   #1268
BHPian

I have a KA vehicle but currently in Hyderabad. Is it possible to order online for home delivery in Hyderabad to fit here or I can select a Hyundai dealer in Hyderabad for fitment?
Old 23rd August 2023, 08:38   #1269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
I have a KA vehicle but currently in Hyderabad. Is it possible to order online for home delivery in Hyderabad to fit here or I can select a Hyundai dealer in Hyderabad for fitment?
You can select a local Hyundai dealer online and get it fixed. That option is there when you enter your vehicle details.
nareshtrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 09:35   #1270
Distinguished - BHPian

Front bumper on some cars like BMW F10 5 series is curved and has no number plate holder or holes to fix one. How does one go about fixing HSRP on such cars? I have been using a sticker on it for the last 10+ years :-)

Last edited by androdev : 23rd August 2023 at 09:44.
Old 23rd August 2023, 14:19   #1271
BHPian

I have few questions regarding HSRPs:

1. How to identify if the IND plate installed on my car is authentic? Are there any identification marks I need to notice?
2. How can one install an IND plate on an old car (read- Maruti Ritz 2009), & old scooter (read- Honda Activa 2011)?

Asking because it seems the state government has made it mandatory for all old vehicles to have an HSRP. I have already received 3 tickets for "incorrect number plate" this FY. I am looking to switch to an HSRP on all my vehicles as soon as possible to avoid being bullied by the cops.
Old 23rd August 2023, 14:57   #1272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Front bumper on some cars like BMW F10 5 series is curved and has no number plate holder or holes to fix one. How does one go about fixing HSRP on such cars? I have been using a sticker on it for the last 10+ years :-)
Even in some of the VW & Hyundai cars there are no holes provided for the number plate. One has to drill the bumper or the metal body and use the rivets to fix the HSRP.

Make sure that the HSRP is aligned properly otherwise it will be as described in the below mentioned thread:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ly-dealer.html (Brand new Hyundai Alcazar: Number plate riveted on crookedly by the dealer)
bobbyblr is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 15:24   #1273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvagarwal View Post
I have few questions regarding HSRPs:

1. How to identify if the IND plate installed on my car is authentic? Are there any identification marks I need to notice?
2. How can one install an IND plate on an old car (read- Maruti Ritz 2009), & old scooter (read- Honda Activa 2011)?

Asking because it seems the state government has made it mandatory for all old vehicles to have an HSRP. I have already received 3 tickets for "incorrect number plate" this FY. I am looking to switch to an HSRP on all my vehicles as soon as possible to avoid being bullied by the cops.
Call your Maruti dealer and enquire, I got mine from Tata dealer for my cars, paid 1000 each, took about a week, went there and got it fixed.

Alternatively book with SIAM, fill details and pay, after about 10 days, a guy came home and fixed on my '15 Jupiter, paid around 600.

It's easy.
Vinod_nair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 17:06   #1274
Distinguished - BHPian

I see some old cars with very small HSRP-ish number plates - look as if the plate belongs to a two-wheeler. Are they genuine? Are there any rules about the dimensions of the HSRP plate?

Online HSRP portals are showing only "Plate size : 500mm X 120 mm (20 inch X 5 inch approx)" as an option. I have an old Porsche 911 which has a front bumper with full of sexy curves and a large HSRP with a frame is going to hurt my feelings At the same time, I don't want to be stopped by cops because of this HSRP nonsense. Any suggestions?

High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-bmpr.jpeg
Old 23rd August 2023, 17:34   #1275
BHPian

Tried booking for my Nissan Terrano and got the below message:
You are not authorized to book re-order. For any query kindly mail to online@bookmyhsrp.com

Not sure why it is not allowing me to book.

Most Viewed