Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2023, 15:49   #1231

Re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

I have an MH registered vehicle (2017) and keep traveling to Delhi (hometown).

Delhi cops don't bother much.

UP/Noida cops challaned me (amid the flow of autos driving on the wrong side passing us by) for not having HSRP. I have written to the DCP-Traffic etc but will consider it a miracle if they withdraw it .

Spoke to a dealer who said pre-2019 vehicles in MH can get HSRP along with sticker etc. but it won't be registered in RTO since it's not mandated. Assured me the HSRP would get me through avoiding the challans in the meanwhile.

Looks like I need to get a non-RTO registered HSRP and live with it till the MH notification comes out
Old 15th June 2023, 16:41   #1232

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhro1988 View Post
Since I have a long drive across GJ and RJ coming up and I was worried about this issue, I dropped an email to MH03 RTO and they replied back that HSRP is not mandatory for pre-2019 vehicles. Now I am armed with this email to fight any corrupt cops. I am sharing a screenshot of the email for the benefit of everyone.
Just a question for reference - how long did the RTO take to respond?
Old 15th June 2023, 17:54   #1233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL70 View Post
Just a question for reference - how long did the RTO take to respond?
I mailed on 21/2/22 and they replied on 23/2/22.
Old 20th June 2023, 13:20   #1234
BHPian

I wasn't sure where else to post this but I see RED Flags for a recent Bike Purchase.
Last Sunday I purchased a Dominar 250 from Bajaja showroom in Mayur Vihar.
The dealer did the registration and provided a printed receipt of RTO Payment.
It had a Registration Number (DL7SCQ****) and I received a sms as well that application has been received.
The dealer handed me what looks like a HSRP plate next day morning.
Its difficult to say if it's a Legit HSRP because it looks alike the one on my Car and another bike.
However, what makes me curious is the fact that Its been over 10 days and the Parivahan Portal says that my Application is still under Process for Approval by the RTO.
In addition to this, if I do a registration number search on mParivahan app, it says the DLSCQ**** number is not valid which means it's not registered yet ?
Also, I tried Digilocker but that too can't fetch the details.
I purchased a car last year and the process was swift. I got the Digital RC almost next day on the mParivahan App.

So my question here is that how are dealers able to provide HSRP without the bike getting approved from RTO ? This looks very shady. When I cross question the dealer he is asking me to wait and says the App Won't show and that he has given me a Printed page that should suffice as RC until I get my Smart Card RC.
Old 21st June 2023, 11:42   #1235

I got my new Jawa Bobbber from bangalore. The Dealer provided the HSRP but instead of riveting it, they just put the screws. When i questioned, they said it is not mandatory and all the vehicles are coming like that. When i said that police is fining due to this they said to tell police that the dealer himself provided it liek this, they will not fine.
I would like to knwo if it is correct. Is reveting mandatory for HSRP.
Not many google search results for the same hence asking here.
Old 21st June 2023, 14:14   #1236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankurup80 View Post
I got my new Jawa Bobbber from bangalore. The Dealer provided the HSRP but instead of riveting it, they just put the screws. When i questioned, they said it is not mandatory and all the vehicles are coming like that. When i said that police is fining due to this they said to tell police that the dealer himself provided it liek this, they will not fine.
I would like to knwo if it is correct. Is reveting mandatory for HSRP.
Not many google search results for the same hence asking here.
I had opposite experience when I purchased Suzuki Access. I asked dealer for the frame to go with the plates but he politely declined and said that RTO have instructed them to rivet plates directly to the vehicle without frames (and not to use screws).
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 21:23   #1237
BHPian

So my society roads got flooded during the recent rains in Gurgaon and front HSRP came out of approximately 30 cars (mine included) while driving through knee deep water.

I couldn't find mine when it all cleared so made a non cognizable report online and approached a number plate shop called Prakash Arts near Atul Kataria Chowk. He did charge 1300 Rs but managed to get me a new set of plates and sticker in just two days! I have checked the plates and they look authentic with all security features. But I also noticed that the shop was providing fake 'MLA' sticker with hologram to another Scorpio owner Now this has made me think if they can fake HSRP this well too! Anyway to check the authenticity anywhere? I also showed the plate to the dealer who said they looked genuine.
rodeoz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2023, 17:30   #1238
BHPian

For those in a similar situation, I'm sharing my experience if it helps.
I have a pre 2019 Mumbai rto car. Needed to drive it in NCR. In Mumbai I tried rto agents, car dealership etc with no luck.
Finally, I got the contact of Umrao Hsrp services in Gurgaon. They charged me about 1500 bucks and delivered genuine looking plates with stickers in 5 days. I'm happy with the outcome.
Contact number: +91 84478 78181
Old 18th July 2023, 22:49   #1239
BHPian

I recently replaced a cracked windscreen on my 2017 Nissan Sunny registered in Telangana. I'm trying to figure out how to obtain a replacement sticker for the windscreen. There's a https://hsrpts.com/ portal but which doesn't have an option to book for a replacement sticker.

Does anybody know how to go about this process in Hyderabad?
arnieshwartz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2023, 23:59   #1240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnieshwartz View Post
Does anybody know how to go about this process in Hyderabad?
I’m not sure about Hyderabad but I’m assuming that since HSRP is a countrywide requirement the process would be the same everywhere.

Here in Mumbai, the sticker is provided with a new set of plates. I ordered a new (replacement set since the original front one got slightly bent and i couldn’t bear to see it) set of HSRPs from the dealership I purchased the car from. I had to furnish a copy of my registration Smart card for verification. I got the new set of plates along with a new sticker and rivets home delivered the next day. Cost was Rs. 1000/-
Potenza is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2023, 09:51   #1241
BHPian

Folks - I have purchased a new vehicle, RTO has already issued the new registration no. and I was able to download the RC from the Digilocker App,

Need to know how many days before the HSRP is delivered and whether it would come to my home or the dealer. My location is Lucknow, UP
Old 26th July 2023, 15:34   #1242
Senior - BHPian

Anyone ordered replacement HSRP sticker for a MH registered vehicle online?
Please share details. Thanks.
Old 26th July 2023, 15:59   #1243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantanumishra View Post
Folks - I have purchased a new vehicle, RTO has already issued the new registration no. and I was able to download the RC from the Digilocker App,

Need to know how many days before the HSRP is delivered and whether it would come to my home or the dealer. My location is Lucknow, UP
I got my No. plate delivered on 24th Jul. All set for this one and now waiting for my BH RC.
Old 27th July 2023, 22:44   #1244

I have a Honda City registered in HP. I have the HSRPs on the car, but don't have the sticker. Bookmyhsrp site has now cancelled my application for 12-13th time, and I simply don't know how to put an end to this. Any leads or solutions?
Old 28th July 2023, 08:38   #1245
BHPian

My Crysta Z 2021 November. The plates have been riveted by the dealer at my home. He came to my home with the machine to rivet the HARP plates. He has also fixed the sticker himself on the car. Dealer said that the plastic RC cards are not in stock at KA-03 and hence we need to download from net.

I went on a long drive to western ghats immediately after taking delivery to test the vehicle and police stopped me on the mountains and asked on pollution details. I was surprised as I thought that new cars with less than 1 year need not have pollution done. But as there is no such sticker on the windscreen, I talked to the officer and he let me go. I still don’t don’t know why the dealer or manufacturer didn’t put the green pollution sticker. It is becoming hard to keep up with the ever changing laws and it is a BS6 car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks