Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2023, 22:19   #1201
BHPian

Re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

A friend of mine has taken delivery of his car outside of Karnataka and is in the process of getting it registered in Bangalore. He has paid the road tax and the status is now reflecting in Vahan , however the team in RTO office has not provided any clarity on how they will share the HSRP and how can we get it fixed on the car. Wondering whether any BHPians are aware of the process to get the registration plate fixed in such situation. Will we have to get the HSRP fixed through dealers or are there any external agencies who will get this work done for us. Any inputs here will be of great help.
Old 27th February 2023, 10:21   #1202
BHPian

My vehicle is registered in TN and I just been to Gujarat road trip. Traffic police stopped in MH but they didn’t ask about the HSRP but in Gujarat they wanted to fine 1000 rupees for not fitting HSRP plates. They said it’s mandatory for all vehicles to fit HSRP plates. I told them that in TN it’s fitted only on new vehicles but not on old.

In fact I checked in driving school in Chennai and they told RTO is not issuing HSRP for old vehicles but only for the new.

So any idea how to avoid fines by another state traffic police if the registration state is not providing HSRP to old vehicles.
Old 7th March 2023, 22:04   #1203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayuresh View Post
Shows this to me:
Server Error in '/' Application.
Ran into this initially.

Then realised that the images on the left and the boxes on their right are NOT co-related. Just ignore the images and fill in the details.

Have ordered HSRP today. Cost was Rs1107.13. Will update on getting them verified from Pune RTO.
mygodbole is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 07:19   #1204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mygodbole View Post
Will update on getting them verified from Pune RTO.
Thanks. What is the procedure really? You get them by courier and then take them to RTO for verification? Or the vendor sends verified by RTO plates only? And how do you get fixed - some roadside shop?

Also does this cost include 2 number plates (front and rear) or 1? I presume both have to be changed.

As such, in Maharashtra, not too many pre-2019 vehicle owners are buying this as yet. Not sure why Govt hasn't announced anything regarding this. I remember whenever in the past they changed the standard of the plate there used to be announcements and drives to change the plates. Even at workplaces they used to arrange this.
Old 10th March 2023, 11:40   #1205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napo View Post
A friend of mine has taken delivery of his car outside of Karnataka and is in the process of getting it registered in Bangalore. He has paid the road tax and the status is now reflecting in Vahan , however the team in RTO office has not provided any clarity on how they will share the HSRP and how can we get it fixed on the car. Wondering whether any BHPians are aware of the process to get the registration plate fixed in such situation. Will we have to get the HSRP fixed through dealers or are there any external agencies who will get this work done for us. Any inputs here will be of great help.
This whole process is unclear. My dealer in Bangalore is saying that its sent by RTO, but has no way to track the order and says it takes anywhere from 2 to 6 days. My car delivery is currently on hold due to this as the leasing company through which I am buying the car has insisted that the car be delivered only after the number plates are installed and a picture shared with them.

In principle, I agree that this is a good step and every car going out of the showroom should be with a valid number plate. But wish there was some transparency and a way to know when the number plates are going to be made available. 6 days to deliver a plate is atrocious, that too in an urban center like Bangalore.
Old 10th March 2023, 11:54   #1206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagarjun View Post
This whole process is unclear. My dealer in Bangalore is saying that its sent by RTO, but has no way to track the order and says it takes anywhere from 2 to 6 days. My car delivery is currently on hold due to this as the leasing company through which I am buying the car has insisted that the car be delivered only after the number plates are installed and a picture shared with them.

In principle, I agree that this is a good step and every car going out of the showroom should be with a valid number plate. But wish there was some transparency and a way to know when the number plates are going to be made available. 6 days to deliver a plate is atrocious, that too in an urban center like Bangalore.
HSRP usually gets delivered within 2-3 days once registration formalities are complete at the RTO. Usually there is some lag by the dealer to finish the formalities (specially for company lease) and they may try to blame it on the RTO. We have purchased 2 cars (not lease) and a scooter in last 1-2 years and plates were available within 2 days of RTO registration completion.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 10th March 2023 at 12:02.
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 12:51   #1207
BHPian

Quote:
6 days to deliver a plate is atrocious, that too in an urban center like Bangalore.
Took the RTO 40 days after registration to send the HSRP plates to a Tata dealership in Hyderabad, for my new Safari.

Although I suppose it's possible that they were sent the plates much sooner and the dealership lied about not receiving them.

Last edited by Safari Persona : 10th March 2023 at 12:53.
Old 11th March 2023, 23:05   #1208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayuresh View Post
Thanks. What is the procedure really? You get them by courier and then take them to RTO for verification? Or the vendor sends verified by RTO plates only? And how do you get fixed - some roadside shop?

Also does this cost include 2 number plates (front and rear) or 1? I presume both have to be changed.
Update No. 1:

The Rs1107.13 is for TWO number plates (front and back) and a THIRD 'number plate that is a set of stickers for the front wind screen. FOURTH, the price includes the frame since I was not sure whether I needed it or not.

NO feedback from the website, the phone numbers are not operational/responding. Pathetic.

1 (07/03/2023): Ordered HSRP from https://www.bookhsrponline.com (a company called Godawari); Filled up the details, uploaded Aadhar, RC front and back. Online payment via internet banking/upi/other methods. Got one SMS, stating order number, vehicle number, chassis number and engine number and specifically saying 'Booking successful'.

2 (08 and 09/03/2023): Experience: NO, and I really mean NO feedback from the website. No response to calls on phone numbers on website. Either it is 'Phone is switched off' or 'The number you are calling is not responding'. And here I am, worried about my money

No email confirmation on payment received for services purchased.

3 (08 and 09/03/2023): Kept checking on the website 'Track your order'; input phone number and RC number.

4 (09/03/2023): 5pm, with me checking the 'Track you order' tab, I get the message that the order has been 'processed'.

5 (10/03/2023): All through the day, the 'track you order' tab states order is 'processed'.

6 (11/03/2023): 1633hrs Saturday, another SMS saying 'Order No xxxxx dispatched with yyyyy courier' and one tracking number.

So, tracking on courier website. That says package received and dispatched to Pune.

This is update No 1.

No idea what I will get. Will update once I get them.

Intend checking with Pune RTO whether these are genuine. If RTO says yes, will install.

If RTO says no, will chalk down Rs1107.13 to tuition fees for lessons in experience of life.

Last edited by mygodbole : 11th March 2023 at 23:10.
mygodbole is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th March 2023, 17:13   #1209
BHPian

Quote:

We visited one of the dealers in Bangalore and explained the situation. We were fortunate that they agreed to help us and got the HSRP installed in four days' time
Napo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2023, 21:56   #1210
BHPian

Quote:
An update from my side. The plates were received in 3 days from the RTO. So, the 6 days is just a worst case scenario which the dealer mentioned to be on the safer side.
Old 16th March 2023, 08:58   #1211
BHPian

Quote:
Update No. 1:

So, tracking on courier website. That says package received and dispatched to Pune.

This is update No 1.

No idea what I will get. Will update once I get them.
Curious to know what did you receive in the end? Genuine or dodgy? Thanks for taking the Rs1100 lesson on behalf of all of us!
Old 16th March 2023, 14:23   #1212
BHPian

Quote:
Update No. 1:
Intend checking with Pune RTO whether these are genuine. If RTO says yes, will install.

If RTO says no, will chalk down Rs1107.13 to tuition fees for lessons in experience of life.
Update No. 2:

Finally got the courier on Wednesday evening.

Packet contained two HRSPs with consecutive alphanumeric codes, the hologram and the blue IND laser encoded details. Packet also contained two stickers that make the 'Third Number Plate', one with the vehicle number and the two alphanumeric codes and the other sticker was the blue colour-code sticker for petrol vehicles. The proforma invoice had car engine and chassis numbers as well as the alphanumeric codes for the front and back plates. Also contained four single-use bolts for the plates.

Took the plates to MH 14 RTO. Unfortunately, RTO staff across MH are on a strike and was NOT able to confirm whether these are in the central govt database.

A two-star officer at the help desk told me these look to be genuine as they are the same as his own recently-purchased car. He advised me to use these plates and carry the final receipt issued by the seller.

So I shall take the plunge and get them fitted.

Please be advised: I HAVE NOT been able to CONFIRM if these are genuine.

Taking a risk till the MH RTO strike ends, then shall be able to confirm whether these are kosher or not.
mygodbole is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th March 2023, 22:02   #1213
BHPian

Quote:
Update No. 2:

Packet contained two HRSPs with consecutive alphanumeric codes, the hologram and the blue IND laser encoded details. Packet also contained two stickers that make the 'Third Number Plate', one with the vehicle number and the two alphanumeric codes and the other sticker was the blue colour-code sticker for petrol vehicles. The proforma invoice had car engine and chassis numbers as well as the alphanumeric codes for the front and back plates. Also contained four single-use bolts for the plates/

I recently Ordered Number Plates from VW dealer after re-registering my car in Pune.
He charged Rs 1000 and opened the package in front of me, containing the 'Third Number Plate' and four single use bolts for the plates.

Be Assured, these are genuine HSRP number plates.
rauldsouza is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2023, 22:35   #1214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rauldsouza View Post
I recently Ordered Number Plates from VW dealer after re-registering my car in Pune.
Did you order the number plate for an old car? Was it with a VW dealer in Pune?
I was trying to source the HSRP for my car and because I couldn't figure out how to get it, I ended up putting a normal number plate.
Old 17th March 2023, 07:52   #1215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Did you order the number plate for an old car? Was it with a VW dealer in Pune?
Yes for my 2013 VW, thru. the VW Dealer, BU Bhandari.

Similarly i know friends having Honda's who have got their HSRP plates from their dealers.

Last edited by rauldsouza : 17th March 2023 at 07:53. Reason: added specific details
rauldsouza is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks