Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2023, 11:46   #1186
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I have received several phone calls from friends about this.
Seems like the news agencies know something that we don't. Multiple news reports (DNA, Zee Business, KalingaTV, OdishaTV).

Can't find any MORTH deadline notification although all the above articles talk of 31st Dec deadline.

Edit: Is this for all states or only specific ones? The bookmyhsrp.com site refer to specific states only (none of the articles clarify on this).

Last edited by ninjatalli : 2nd January 2023 at 12:00.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2023, 11:58   #1187
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
It Seems like the news agencies know something that we don't. Can't find any MORTH deadline notification, although all the above articles talk of the 31st Dec deadline.
I couldn't find any MORTH notification on Deadlines for HSRP for Maharastra either.

I don't care much for new agencies or mutual fund managers. Neither of them are independent thinkers. Most of them just take information from one source and repeat, much like what floats around on the "WhatsApp academy".

But then, that's just me. I am old, cynical and senile. So please take everything I say with a large tablespoon of salt.
navin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2023, 13:35   #1188
BHPian

I logged into TBHP, just to post a query on this as I have been reading news about heavy fines that will be levied on cars without HSRP plates, since morning. This is the first time I am hearing about this, any clarification on this matter will be highly appreciated.
Old 2nd January 2023, 14:20   #1189
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Seems like the news agencies know something that we don't.

Can't find any MORTH deadline notification although all the above articles talk of 31st Dec deadline.

Edit: Is this for all states or only specific ones? The bookmyhsrp.com site refer to specific states only (none of the articles clarify on this).
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
I logged into TBHP, just to post a query on this as I have been reading news about heavy fines that will be levied on cars without HSRP plates, since morning. This is the first time I am hearing about this, any clarification on this matter will be highly appreciated.
Once one news agency posts something, everyone blindly follows hurriedly without verifying facts. TRP / FOMO is the name of the game.

A friend sent me this link; worried that his Mumbai-registered car would be fined.
https://www.dnaindia.com/personal-fi...s-rule-3014346

I told him to take a "chill pill". The same article asks him to log on to bookmyhsrp.com and Maharastra is not an option on that link.

Disclaimer: These are my views only. Not that of Team-BHP.
navin is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2023, 15:05   #1190
BHPian

Quote:
I told him to take a "chill pill".
That's what my sales advisors from BMW and M&M said too. They handed the HSRP plates to me and mentioned that they weren't able to register 2021 and 2022 cars without installing HSRP plates but did so by managing the authorities. They don't want to rivet the plates knowing how the government's mind keeps changing like Ranvir Singh's costumes, else the same customer may come back asking for new bumpers.

I want to hold on before riveting the number plates until the government outlines clear guidelines, authorised dealers and timelines for implementation. Also, not sure about this colour coded sticker but there was a transparent sticker stuck in my 2021 BMW windshield from inside, but surprisingly nothing of that sort in the 2022 Thar.
Old 2nd January 2023, 15:34   #1191
BANNED

Quote:
Seems like the news agencies know something that we don't. Multiple news reports (DNA, Zee Business, KalingaTV, OdishaTV).
It's because, HSRP for older vehicles are also made mandatory in Odisha last year (your source KalingaTV and OdishaTV). Went through the process for my father' car last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
This is the first time I am hearing about this, any clarification on this matter will be highly appreciated.
Quote:

I told him to take a "chill pill". The same article asks him to log on to bookmyhsrp.com and Maharastra is not an option on that link.

Disclaimer: These are my views only. Not that of Team-BHP.
+1.

As far as I know, HSRP for all vehicles plying in India has been made mandatory, whereas implementing the same for older vehicles (prior to 2019) has been left out to states. Some states have made it mandatory for older vehicles (registered prior to 2019), viz. Delhi / Odisha / Himachal etc.. But, in most of the states it is mandatory only for vehicles registered after 2019.

Source.

Also, as understood during changing my father' car to HSRP, normally the state provides a set of authorized vendors (out of center' list) to do it. I am not sure, those who are right now providing HSRP to older vehicles in MH would be valid once, MH starts the guideline officially. This is just my guess and courld be equally crap like most news in social media.
PetrolRider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 10:19   #1192
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
For Bangalore folks, will recommend this shop in HSR layout. Very prompt to procure the plates along with windshield sticker. Fitting was done in a jiffy. Charged 1200 for the plates and 500 for the plastic frame from Orbiz.
This bloke is on 19 Main? Near the Bus Depot road?
Anyway I saw this article and Im sure a lot of people who own older cars (pre 2019) will be in a tizzy after reading it.
Upon going to the bookmyhsrp site I see that only the following states seem to be listed as per the screenshot below.
Attached Thumbnails
High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-0c443c8c7b19452d9b93626d44b18ff9.png  

Last edited by shankar.balan : 5th January 2023 at 10:24.
Old 5th January 2023, 11:40   #1193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
This bloke is on 19 Main? Near the Bus Depot road?
Anyway I saw this article and Im sure a lot of people who own older cars (pre 2019) will be in a tizzy after reading it.
Upon going to the bookmyhsrp site I see that only the following states seem to be listed as per the screenshot below.
This guy is on the 7th cross road in the same building as Appu's Pizzeria.
Old 16th January 2023, 17:38   #1194
BHPian

Maharashtra option is showing on

https://www.bookhsrponline.com/
rishi7 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 20:56   #1195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi7 View Post

Shows this to me:
Server Error in '/' Application.
Old 30th January 2023, 12:59   #1196
BHPian

This HSRP thingy is yet another difficulty for old car owners. The vendor in Trivandrum said that only standard sized plates are available for cars and there is no plate available that will fit my old Ambassador. The biggest one they have is that of the Innova.

Also a doubt from my side : Is the 9 digit code laser engraved on the plates different on the front and the rear plates ?

Last edited by adrian : 30th January 2023 at 13:05. Reason: typo
Old 31st January 2023, 12:40   #1197
BHPian

Installed HSRP for my 2011 Bullet and 2013 Maruthi 800.

In the car, the alphanumeric code engraved on the number plates differs by one digit (TB0XXXXXXX19 -Front Plate and TB0XXXXXXX20-Rear Plate).

But for the Bullet, the code numbers are entirely different

(TB04XXXXXXX6 -Front plate and TB05XXXXXXX8- Rear Plate).

Is this normal ?
Old 1st February 2023, 00:31   #1198
BHPian

Quote:

Does anyone know if this is a genuine website to get HSRP for Maharashtra vehicles? If so, how is the installation handled?
Old 1st February 2023, 01:01   #1199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
Does anyone know if this is a genuine website to get HSRP for Maharashtra vehicles? If so, how is the installation handled?
Got the plates delivered in Gurgaon. It looks genuine came with color sticker. Can get it installed at any local accessories shop.
rishi7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2023, 09:05   #1200
BHPian

Quote:
Got the plates delivered in Gurgaon. It looks genuine came with color sticker. Can get it installed at any local accessories shop.
Thanks tempted to give it a go but weary to upload RC and personal ID docs without knowing if this is an RTO approved provider.

How long did delivery take?

Are plates and frames of good quality?

Would you be able to post a pic (masked) of the plates and frame?

Thanks!
s4ch is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks