Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2020, 18:23   #1
Senior - BHPian

Heritage Transport Museum’s exhibition of original Indian movie posters

This year, the Heritage Transport Museum is celebrating its 7th anniversary. To mark the occasion, the museum has organized India’s first exhibition of original Indian movie posters and lobby cards.

Heritage Transport Museum’s exhibition of original Indian movie posters-1-2.jpg

Titled “Moments in Motion”, the exhibition includes more than 60 posters and over 100 lobby cards spanning over 5 decades. The artworks include modes of transport that were part of the storyline of a movie.

Heritage Transport Museum’s exhibition of original Indian movie posters-2.jpg

The oldest poster on display is from the movie Hunterwali Ki Beti (1943) and the latest is from the movie Chalti Ka Naam Zindagi (1982).

Heritage Transport Museum’s exhibition of original Indian movie posters-3.jpg

Lobby cards were film posters or scenes printed on card stock and were usually displayed in theatre lobbies.

Heritage Transport Museum’s exhibition of original Indian movie posters-4.jpg

The exhibition begins on December 5, 2020 and will be open for public till January 31, 2021.

Heritage Transport Museum’s exhibition of original Indian movie posters-5.jpg

Heritage Transport Museum’s exhibition of original Indian movie posters-6.jpg

Heritage Transport Museum’s exhibition of original Indian movie posters-7.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 10:28   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Heritage Transport Museum’s exhibition of original Indian movie posters

Moving thread to the Classic Car forum as this kind of thread might be more up their alley
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 13:11   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Very interesting, thanks for sharing, I wish I could go and see this exhibition.

If you have not been to this museum yet, I can only highly recommend it! It is really well done and has quite the collection of cars, trucks and all kinds of other transport related mobilia.
Old 6th December 2020, 13:54   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
Very interesting, thanks for sharing, I wish I could go and see this exhibition.

If you have not been to this museum yet, I can only highly recommend it! It is really well done and has quite the collection of cars, trucks and all kinds of other transport related mobilia.
Jeroen, having written a thread on a virtual trip to the Mercedes Benz Museum, I found visiting a museum virtually almost as good as visiting it in real. I would definitely recommend every car buff to try out visiting a automobile heritage museum virtually during this COVID period.

What’s good news for you and other BHPians is that you can use google earth’s numerous street views and 360* photographs and virtually pay a visit to the Heritage Transport museum that you are talking about. Sharing the link here

Although posters of old Bollywood movies don’t interest me, old cars, trucks and buses surely do. Will check out each and every photograph when I have time and y’all should too.
EightSix is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks