Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2021, 17:34   #61
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos body structure facts & comparison with the Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAutomaniac View Post
Well, if the Creta was better than Seltos in any imaginable world, why haven't they tested it yet? Tata, Mahindra, Renault were confident and they got the cars tested. VW was confident that the airbag equipped Polo would score a 4 and hence got it tested. Same way, if Hyundai is really confident that the Creta is safer than it's sister car, they have all the rights to save themselves from all the negative publicity that has happened over the past year!

Until that happens, the Creta or any Hyundai-Kia for that matter can safely be assumed to be the least safest cars in their respective segments as has been proven in Global NCAP crash tests and I'd never recommend a Hyundai-Kia to any of my friends or family members for the same reason (Glad to say that I have converted a few potential Sonet/Verna/Creta buyers to safer rivals!)
Well you have missed the point. I am neither defending Creta nor saying its better than Seltos. i am just making a point that there isn't enough data available on this thread to assume that its the worse car in its segment.

By the way you will be surprised and probably some safety conscious folks may not even buy a car in lower segments if differences between standard steel grades/platforms of Indian cars vs equivalent americans or european cars are presented. Jeep compass sold in India hasn't been tested as well. XUV700 and 300 both topple in side impact test. Rock solid Harrier hasn't been tested. MG hector is in the same boat. Crash test as discussed on forums here seem to have a marketing side as well in addition to safety ratings

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks