Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2021, 22:12   #181
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
re: Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant_vas View Post
He felt feature wise Kigar has less features than Kia Sonet!
I presume you meant Magnite here and not Sonet. If not, than it is no surprise that the Sonet has better features in comparison to the Magnite / Kiger.

Sonet top-end model costs a whopping 4L INR over the top-end Magnite (or Kiger).
Old 9th February 2021, 14:51   #182
BHPian

re: Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19

Mass production of Kiger has been started. 1st Unit Rolls Out Of Chennai Plant today.

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-renaultkigerproductionstartsindia768x432.jpg

Source

Last edited by Deadpool : 9th February 2021 at 14:54.
Deadpool is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 18:12   #183
Distinguished - BHPian

Renault Kiger to launch on February 15.

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-20210209_180950.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 18:54   #184
BHPian

Quote:
I presume you meant Magnite here and not Sonet. If not, than it is no surprise that the Sonet has better features in comparison to the Magnite / Kiger.
No he has almost finalized Sonet, but wanted to check out Kiger as well just in case they comeup with good feature set and a mouthwatering pricing!

He is still waiting to decide which car to book as the wait period for sonet is 12-14 weeks in some cases.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 9th February 2021 at 20:30. Reason: Typo
Old 9th February 2021, 19:33   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant_vas View Post
No he has almost finalized Sonet, but wanted to check out Kiger as well just in case they comeup with good feature set and a mouthwatering pricing!

He is still waiting to decide which car to book as the wait period for sonet is 12-14 weeks in some cases.
Mouthwatering prices at the expense of skimmed features for sure. I mean, apart from the supposedly premium brand image (in India) Sonet is commanding a premium for the kinda feature set it offers viz. Ventilated seats, 10” AVN, front parking sensors, class-leading diesel engine + AT combo & the likes. Some of them are even from a segment higher.

Also, if Renault prices the Kiger well, which ideally should be in-line with the Magnite; expect Magnite like waiting periods, if not more.

P. S.: Sonet is definitely a well rounded package and is a notch above Kiger / Magnite. However, I reserve my comments on the safety aspect of these cars.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 9th February 2021 at 20:31. Reason: Quoted post edited
ashvek3141 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 19:46   #186
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ I like the way Magnite looks but after seeing it next to a Sonet, Magnite did look a size smaller, and far less premium than a Sonet. Kiger with the front clip similar to a Kwid is certainly not making it easy for itself.
Old 9th February 2021, 20:04   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
^^ I like the way Magnite looks but after seeing it next to a Sonet, Magnite did look a size smaller, and far less premium than a Sonet. Kiger with the front clip similar to a Kwid is certainly not making it easy for itself.
True. Sonet does look bigger than it actually is, atleast when you see it coming. It’s only from the sides that you realise that it’s a sub 4m car.

Magnite / Kiger on the other hand easily give it out that they are sub 4m segment cars. But between the two, Magnite has an edge in styling (IMO).
Old 10th February 2021, 18:38   #188
BHPian

Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite compared side by side.

ATRONIX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 19:38   #189
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
.....Sonet is commanding a premium for the kinda feature set it offers viz. Ventilated seats, 10” AVN, front parking sensors, class-leading diesel engine + AT combo & the likes. Some of them are even from a segment higher.
All these features cost tons of money over Magnite. Why don't we talk about that? Your post gives an impression that both cost same and Sonet has more features. Sonet is at least 3.5 lakhs more than Magnite for all the features it has. 3.5 lakh on 10 lakh car is 35 per cent. Which is a lot. Have you seen diesel Sonet AT lower variant? It is absolutely barebones for the money they are asking. The upper variant is 3 lakhs plus over it. That is too much money again for what it offers. Hyundai/Kia cars maybe anything else but value for money, they are not.
pgsagar is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 20:37   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
All these features cost tons of money over Magnite. Why don't we talk about that? Your post gives an impression that both cost same and Sonet has more features. Sonet is at least 3.5 lakhs more than Magnite for all the features it has. 3.5 lakh on 10 lakh car is 35 per cent. Which is a lot. Have you seen diesel Sonet AT lower variant? It is absolutely barebones for the money they are asking. The upper variant is 3 lakhs plus over it. That is too much money again for what it offers. Hyundai/Kia cars maybe anything else but value for money, they are not.
Sir, please read my post again. I never said that Magnite and Sonet cost the same. Infact, I mentioned that the Sonet commands a huge premium over Magnite.

To your point regarding the lower Diesel AT variant, that 1.5L Diesel + AT is a combo which also does duty on a much expensive Seltos and hence that kinda drivetrain is bound to be expensive. Please correct me if I am wrong, TC gearboxes are pricier than the CVT's. Additionally, that Diesel + TC is a unique offering in that segment and hence Kia is bound to command a premium for the one's who opt for the same.

Finally, none of my posts mention that Kia Sonet or Kia cars for that matter are VFM cars.

This segment has got many options to offer, right from Magnite at 5.5 L to right on top the Kia Sonet at 13.09 L. Each one can choose based on his requirement. As simple as that.
ashvek3141 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2021, 01:47   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
I second that opinion. And this is coming from someone who has purchased top of the line Sonet auto 3 months back.

Yes Sonet is premium, looks bigger from outside and has got couple of fancier features but GTX+ petrol auto OTR is 14.8L compared to 11L for XV premium with tech pack Magnite CVT. For all the pluses that Sonet has, a premium of almost 35% is exorbitant considering that both cars compete in the same segment. Heck, even the HTK+ of Sonet automatic is retailing at 12.2L which is almost 1.25L above top of the line Magnite. All the noise regarding features fall flat on HTK+ variant feature list.

Either Kia is charging a huge premium on Sonet or Magnite is seriously low on quality to justify this price difference (which I don't think it is) .
headbanger is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th February 2021, 10:57   #192
Distinguished - BHPian

Renault India is all set to announce the prices of Renault Kiger, on February 15, 2021. The official bookings will also begin on the same day. Several Renault India dealers have been accepting unofficial pre-bookings for the upcoming Kiger for a couple of weeks now. The token amount varies from Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 25,000 depending on the city and dealership.

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-20210211_105451.jpg

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th February 2021, 12:52   #193
BHPian

Looks like a leaked test drive video for Kiger. The video appears clipped to show only a portion of the full review video. From what ever is shown it appears to be a good to drive CSUV

Last edited by ant_vas : 11th February 2021 at 12:57. Reason: added details
ant_vas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2021, 14:05   #194
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Sir, please read my post again. I never said that Magnite and Sonet cost the same. Infact, I mentioned that the Sonet commands a huge premium over Magnite.

To your point regarding the lower Diesel AT variant, that 1.5L Diesel + AT is a combo which also does duty on a much expensive Seltos and hence that kinda drivetrain is bound to be expensive. Please correct me if I am wrong, TC gearboxes are pricier than the CVT's. Additionally, that Diesel + TC is a unique offering in that segment and hence Kia is bound to command a premium for the one's who opt for the same.

Finally, none of my posts mention that Kia Sonet or Kia cars for that matter are VFM cars.

This segment has got many options to offer, right from Magnite at 5.5 L to right on top the Kia Sonet at 13.09 L. Each one can choose based on his requirement. As simple as that.
Please don't address me as Sir. We are all equals here. No offence meant. Just that time and again people suggest a more feature-loaded car to a buyer without making any reference to price disparity. Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
I second that opinion. And this is coming from someone who has purchased top of the line Sonet auto 3 months back.

Yes Sonet is premium, looks bigger from outside and has got couple of fancier features but GTX+ petrol auto OTR is 14.8L compared to 11L for XV premium with tech pack Magnite CVT. For all the pluses that Sonet has, a premium of almost 35% is exorbitant considering that both cars compete in the same segment. Heck, even the HTK+ of Sonet automatic is retailing at 12.2L which is almost 1.25L above top of the line Magnite. All the noise regarding features fall flat on HTK+ variant feature list.

Either Kia is charging a huge premium on Sonet or Magnite is seriously low on quality to justify this price difference (which I don't think it is) .
Yes. My friend went to buy diesel AT Sonet and one look inside the lower variant and he walked out. The upper variant (just 2 variants for diesel AT) was almost 3 plus L. Sure, the upper variant is well-loaded but those additional features are not certainly 3L worth. As you have rightly pointed out Maginte top variant at just 9.54 L (ex-dealer) has tons of features for that price which even same-price hatchbacks don't have. Why no one gives importance to money part is beyond me.
pgsagar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th February 2021, 09:23   #195
BHPian

Here is a size comparision between Kwid and Kiger side by side.

Must say Kiger sure looks big standing besides Kwid

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-kwid-vs-kiger.jpg
ant_vas is offline   (11) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks